Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

SPL looking into safe standing

Read 3913 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: SPL looking into safe standing
      Reply #23: Dec 21, 2011 02:03:59 am
      Good on the SPL.

I really don't get opposition to safe standing. It's safer than current seating and provides a better atmosphere. Add a no cameras allowed to a safe standing area and you've got a match made in heaven for supporting your team.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #24: Dec 21, 2011 12:36:37 pm
      The Football Supporters Federation actually had a roadshow when there was talk of this a few months back and the idea is not to have two in a space, but one person standing to one seat, exactly how it is done in Germany.

That is a completely different concept:

The Hoffenheim's concept is much better, and economically sustainable.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #25: Dec 21, 2011 01:05:32 pm
      That is a completely different concept:

The Hoffenheim's concept is much better, and economically sustainable.

By the way what's the F***ing difference between both pictures you've put up, both shows an empty section with seats locked and no fans standing there, so how the F**k do you it's not one person to one seat space.

And that is how they want to trial it in Britain, it will never be trialed as two people to one seat space, for obvious F***ing reasons = overcrowding!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Dec 21, 2011 01:58:01 pm
      I fully believe in safe standing and that's how I watch games in Brazil. Not saying Brazil is an example for anything in terms of organization in football, but it surely can be done, in a section of the stadium at least. Impossible not to understand Kenny's reasons to be against it though.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #27: Dec 21, 2011 02:18:54 pm
      I have deliberately posted that example from Hoffenheim's new ground, where 1 row of seats is transformed into 2 rows of safe standing. Therefore, you actually have double the capacity in the same section, for the games when standing is allowed.

Personally, I doubt that will ever happen at our ground, no matter how safe it is.

In fairness this does look like itd be two per seat as there is two steps for each seat and theres no danger of overcrowding there unless theres one huge fat c**t behind you. I could be wrong im just saying what i think it looks like.

Quick Reply