Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

A New Year, The Kings Anniversary and a transfer window

Read 1803 times
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      A New Year, The Kings Anniversary and a transfer window
      Dec 29, 2011 08:19:21 am
      Jan
      Man City (away)                 
      Stoke City (home)             
      Bolton (away)                 
      Wolves  (away)           

Feb
      Tottenham  (home)                 
      Man United  (away)                 
      Everton  (home)             

We thought that November and December could bring us points galore, home draws have cost us and we now head into a new year with a hectic January and February where we face some of the hardest games of the season. We have (at least) 3 cup games among the January fixtures and our squad will be tested to the maximum. Over the next two months we play the current top 3 teams in the league and also our old rivals from across Stanley Park.

As things stand we will be without our most dangerous player for the majority of these games but our captain is back. It's a big transfer window and be interesting to see how the month of January unfolds. Lets start with beating the Geordies tomorrow and take confidence of hopefully a decent win into the City game next week.

Over the coming weeks, if anyone needs it, we should get a true reflection of how far we've come under the King.

BRING IT ON!

IKKWT
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2011 08:46:41 am by kelvo »
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Re: A New Year, The Kings Anniversary and a transfer window
      Reply #1: Dec 29, 2011 09:26:10 am
      Great year coming up and in 2 days time all the transfer speculation wont be speculation anymore!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Dec 29, 2011 09:33:06 am
      Great year coming up and in 2 days time all the transfer speculation wont be speculation anymore!

The majority will still be speculation/tittle-tattle/idle gossip, a small percentage may become truth.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #3: Dec 29, 2011 12:39:23 pm
      Every time I come on to this site I am always optimistic that I will find some good news but its getting morbid and very negative lately.
      Kenny told us it would take time and we have the basis for a good team in that we are very difficult to beat. With Stevie fit and healthy I am sure we would have more points than we have at present.
      Our away form is the best its been for years and if we can sort out our hime form top 4 is well within reach.
      I odnt take a great interest in football other than LFC so some of the names touted around dont mean much to me but we need something to bring a spark to the team so I hope we get someone that will come in and take the chance given and become a new hero.
      This year for Kenny has been good he cut the squad of all the dead wood brought in some young fresh talent and made us into a team that is in the semi final of the League Cup in striking distance of a CL place so we are in a good place with a bit of luck we can improve even more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #4: Dec 29, 2011 12:41:32 pm

But it will, the window runs for a whole month, plenty more speculation bullshit to go through
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #5: Dec 29, 2011 01:09:29 pm
      Let's deal with Newcastle first.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #6: Dec 29, 2011 04:34:51 pm
      As Chats says,Lets get Newcastle out of the way and kick on from there some very hard games coming up in the new year,

Cant wait for the window to shut hope we can get the players in we need and kick on into the champions league position.

Quick Reply