Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (6.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      (3.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (15%)
      Jose Enrique
      (65%)
      Luis Suarez
      (5%)
      Someone else
      (5%)

Wigan Athletic 0-0 Liverpool - Post match grumbles

Read 40421 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: LIVE: Wigan Athletic v Liverpool
      Reply #368: Dec 21, 2011 10:07:01 pm
      The big moment in this game was the penalty miss. We score that then we should and probably would have won. After that, Wigan had their tails up and started to gain some belief and we just couldn't open up the Wigan defense.

We lack creativity too. We couldn't create anything in open play through the middle, other then Johnson's run through. Everything was played from wide and Wigan just flooded the box giving us no chance. Corners were F***ing useless too.

We're so inconsistent its unreal. We destroy Villa then go stumping to a stalemate against Wigan.

Now we drop points to our hunt for the title, or the top 4.

Our rivals would squeeze a 1 - 0 won then. We just don't have that in us, it's a constant problem that needs time, so patience from us but also probably some investment. Notable a striker and a creative midfielder too.

So F***ing annoyed !!!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #369: Dec 21, 2011 10:07:11 pm
      How i didn"t put my fist through the telly i"ll never know, pure frustration :mad:we"re just missing that clinical finishing.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Re: Wigan Athletic 0-0 Liverpool - Post match grumbles
      Reply #370: Dec 21, 2011 10:07:59 pm
      Henry seriously needs to get his checkbook out.

WE NEED SOMEBODY WHO WILL PUT THE BALL IN THE BACK OF THE NET CONSISTENTLY

Thought you had pissed off during the game?

f**k this im off.
      I dont give 2 stools what the FT score is

Am i the only one looking forward to our skipper to drag us up again? miss his penalties and free kicks let alone his normal play.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #371: Dec 21, 2011 10:08:11 pm
      Thought the subs had little impact. Carroll thrown on too late. Should have scored at least 2 (Johnson and pen). Same 'ol story. If we don't beat Blackburn I will lose the plot. Knowing our luck they will change manager and be well up for it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #372: Dec 21, 2011 10:08:21 pm
      Thought Enrique was outstanding, Downing was simply getting in his way most of the game, and when Downing switched to the other wing he was getting in Johnson's way. Not gonna criticise Glen for his miss as I don't expect him to score every time he gets in those positions and he did well tonight. Defense were solid but our midfield was simply not good enough accross all of them. Kuyt, Adam, Downing and Henderson in that particular order good to worst, I don't know what Henderson brings to the team, it's like 10 men and one kid we're just letting play with us. The moment he has the ball he gets rid of it in whatever way shape or form he can, his defensive qualities are simply positioning as I never see him go in for a challenge and quick getting forward is none-existant! Sorry Jordan but you have more than your hair to worry about when you're playing for us, this is meant to be your position and at the moment I'd prefer you out on the wing, you can have less of an impact out there and not drag the side down. Charlie's set pieces were abysmal, Fergie give us your £10m for them and we'll get someone else to take them is the way I feel at the moment. Pathetic penalty, shocking free-kicks, he's been much better recently but this was a step backwards, granted not helped by Mr. Invisible next to him, Maxi was the only player trying to link up with Suarez, industry does not create chances, intelligence does against these type of teams and Henderson/Kuyt/Downing just look a little slow in the head for me. More creativity needed in this team without doubt! #Disappointed!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #373: Dec 21, 2011 10:08:48 pm
      Defence played well especially Enrique and Skirtl. Pepe gets another clean sheet. Support were great....help me out here....

Have to agree.  A draw is not what anyone wanted, but not the end of the world.  We're still a million miles from where we were this time last year.

I think it's been a draining week for the club and we probably came out the blocks too quickly - perhaps more controlled possession throughout the match would have got us something.  Still, two nice home games to come.  4 points from two away games is not bad.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #374: Dec 21, 2011 10:09:53 pm
      Really do think we need to buy a striker in January, someone who can actually finish off the crazy amount of chances we're wasting.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #375: Dec 21, 2011 10:10:03 pm
      Its scary the fact we cannot score. Two set pieces at villa. Henderson has the tolls to be great but F**k me hes such a coward. He shits himself on the ball and is terrified to tackle. Has to be dropped for shelvey. Wev two strikers low on confidence. Also think we take too much out of the ball
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #376: Dec 21, 2011 10:10:30 pm
      I've had enough of 'the luck' factor now.

Let's face it, we are not good at finishing. Whether it be headers, one on ones, penalties...we're struggling right now and whether we need more signings or more work on the training ground, something has to change soon.

You've put what I was thinking, something really needs to change, the only positive I can take was at least we didn't lose.   :f_wah:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #377: Dec 21, 2011 10:11:07 pm
       Henderson and Downing really got on my tits tonight, neither offered f*ck all of a meaningful nature.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #378: Dec 21, 2011 10:12:40 pm
      When we missed the penalty, the game had a 0-0 draw written all over it.

We've already hit the woodwork 17 times, we've missed like a billion chances in front of goal and we can't even score penalties. What the heck is up with that?

I think we've only scored once from the spot (Adam against WBA) and missed against Sunderland, Everton, Chelsea (Carling Cup) and Wigan. We need Gerrard to take them kicks.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #379: Dec 21, 2011 10:12:54 pm
      Henderson and Downing really got on my tits tonight, neither offered f*ck all of a meaningful nature.

Downing has been getting on my moobs all season.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #380: Dec 21, 2011 10:13:02 pm
      Id buy a forward and an exciting creative midfielder, hate to say it but some1 like Nani or silva! Create and score their fair share and set pieces are better than anything we seen today!

We are making strides in right direction but slipping up in the wrong games... need consistency and that will come from a lethal goal scorer!
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #381: Dec 21, 2011 10:13:25 pm

Thought you had pissed off during the game?

na i had too just let out some frustration in a wierd way.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #382: Dec 21, 2011 10:13:28 pm
      I've had enough of 'the luck' factor now.

Let's face it, we are not good at finishing. Whether it be headers, one on ones, penalties...we're struggling right now and whether we need more signings or more work on the training ground, something has to change soon.

This.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,366 posts | 1538 
      Reply #383: Dec 21, 2011 10:13:28 pm

Looking at the stats from passportboy, 4 place is looking like a distant dream again. The only chance now is if one of the teams above us completely capitulate, but that doesn't seem likely. Thought Adam was at last coming good but tonight he was worse than I had earlier thought. Carroll will probably get slated again for not winning it for us in his cameo appearance. Can't understand the changes unless Kenny has a total disregard for Wigan, even after they scraped a draw with the chavs. Quite frankly, this isn't good enough. Tactics, personel, mind set, whatever it is it needs sorting.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #384: Dec 21, 2011 10:14:37 pm
      Didn't think Kuyt had a bad game, he made some good runs and worked hard.... just couldn't finish.

Maxi, Adam and Henderson were poor and Downing wasn't much better too imo.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #385: Dec 21, 2011 10:15:08 pm
      Did we lose and is the knee jerk thread still open?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #386: Dec 21, 2011 10:16:26 pm
      Well played Wigan.  They're a better team than they look on paper....was impressed with their enthusiasm and effort.

We looked toothless and weak with a number of passengers in the team going through the motions.  I'm not going to go into a rant but there are 2 or 3 players who IMO get way too much game time.

Disappointed is an understatement!
      [/quot

Ditto
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #387: Dec 21, 2011 10:16:53 pm
      We just don't know what to do at the final thrid. I just want to know who's our attacking coach, get him sacked this very moment and get someone in to train us how to attack properly. We are clueless on the attack, we are obsessed with both wings the way I sees it, spend all the time on the wings won't allow us to score goals, we need to get our people into the box fast and our players move around the box to create space for themselves to score. For instance, when Bellers got the ball just outside the box, Downing just need to run into the box to receive the pass from Bellers and the chance is there to shoot, no, he chose to run to the right wing. We can't score from 6 or 8 yards and we can't score from the penalty spot, there's something very very wrong with the quality upfront. As usual our midfield got bypassed everytime. Man of the match Pepe and Enrique. Skrtel also has a good game. We need 2 proven strikers and 2 defensive midfielders comes January. Credit to Suarez, he performed reasonably well inspite of all the pressure.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #388: Dec 21, 2011 10:18:21 pm
      Henry seriously needs to get his checkbook out.

WE NEED SOMEBODY WHO WILL PUT THE BALL IN THE BACK OF THE NET CONSISTENTLY

Thank. You. Sir.

The final piece that we need. Someone who will do ABSOLOUTELY NOTHING but score. Tonight's performance wasn't the best, but by f*ck it deserved a comfortable win. We're creating chances so so so so frequently, but there's just no-one there to finish them off.

Once we sign a striker I honestly fear for teams. I really, really do.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #389: Dec 21, 2011 10:18:25 pm
      Getting really annoyed with the lads who call the fans who are venting "knee jerks"! Everyone wants the best from the team and that there tonight is not it.... I think the lads who call other people knee jerks are actually more whiny than the ppl complaining in the 1st place! Doesn't make yous better fans that you have rose tinted glasses on... its called constructive criticism! Vent over!
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #390: Dec 21, 2011 10:23:28 pm
      At the minute it appears were attempting to limp our way to January and hoping that the players we might pick up will settle quickly and help drag us up the table. If that's the plan it going to one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

Quick Reply