Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Are some of our players suffering from lack of confidence due to.

Read 5231 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Re: Are some of our players suffering from lack of confidence due to.
      Reply #23: Dec 22, 2011 10:49:28 pm
      The weight of expectation?  I think all of them, to differing degrees, have shown glimpses of what they can do.  They just need time to fit in and gain confidence and perhaps set up or score a couple.

Time will tell.  I hate to use the example, but I always think of Darren Fletcher.  He was given so much sh*te a few years back, now he is key to that team (until his illness took care of that anyway), similarly with Lucas.  Hard graft and getting your head down count for a lot.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Dec 24, 2011 05:15:51 am
      An excuse is an excuse, they're not performing for whatever reason they want to put on the table, simple fact is they need to sort themselves out and start delivering, that's what they're paid for and why we support them.

They'll have to work & work & work & work to get it perfect. The rest will only be excuses.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Dec 24, 2011 05:24:24 am
      I do think that more vocal support for the lads who are struggling would do them the world of good. Plus it's not just our players who feel the effects. If the opposition are lining up and they hear a song for every player they're up against, the seed of doubt is planted from the whistle. ;)

Having said that, I agree on Carroll and Henderson needing time to settle but Adam and Downing may need a bit of time too. It's okay saying "they've already played in the Prem", but what club is like Liverpool?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #26: Dec 24, 2011 07:07:45 am
      Maybe but they could use with a bit of support from the fans.

Chant their names here and there and they'd actually feel more confident I suppose but I'd assume we haven't sung their name simply because they haven't done something extraordinary - which shouldn't be the case.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #27: Dec 24, 2011 11:10:22 am
      I suspect all of us at one time or another has suffered with a confidence issue ,even if you know you are good at  something,   
      the human mind is a complex thing, and no matter how well you want to do when you have an issue you dont perform right, as much as you would like too.

Its easy to sit here as internet critics , step up or fck off i hear you say ,i wonder if any of you have had bad days at the office how many would like their boss to come along and say that same thing to them, they all want to do well and have brilliant anfield careers some it will happen for some it wont ,it wont be for the want of trying its just the way life goes,
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Dec 24, 2011 11:18:51 am
      I guess the point I was trying to raise over all, is the crowd can be quite forgiving if you are already a favourite, but when you are a player who has to prove his worth to the squad it can be quite a mind F**k for the player himself as he may feel like every pass, challenge etc he makes is being analyzed and criticised, some players thrive of a high pressure enviroment other's play better when there is no pressure on them to perform.

Carroll as an example played like your stereo typical number 9 at Newcastle, he was a thorn in the side of defenders and was greedy and had a massive desire to get on the end of everything, in his time here Carroll looks like he's been more concerened with trying to win the crowd over with hard work, dropping deep to win tackles, drifting out into the wide positions etc.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #29: Dec 24, 2011 11:54:43 am
      Step up or f**k off.
      More importantly do some of them think they've made it
      And as such have they lost a bit of hunger?
      I think so racerx mate.

Imagine how difficult any supporter at the stadium to sing a name of unknown/new player ?
      I don't know, but anyone remember how many games before people sing Gerrard song ?

Players who proven their quality but out jnjury for long time or in trouble like Gerrard few years back or Suarez now are really need fans support on and off the pitch.

But I also understand what RLB talking about. It's ideal every players get full support all the time I just say in some case supporters also find it's difficult to do so.

Quick Reply