Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina)

Read 3329 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina)
      Dec 29, 2011 06:43:15 pm
      Il Liverpool ha pronta un’offerta per convincere la Fiorentina a cedere il centrocampista Riccardo Montolivo. Secondo il sito inglese , la proposta dei Reds sarebbe  di circa 7 milioni di euro. Kenny Dalglish ritiene che il centrocampista italiano abbia le caratteristiche giuste per inserirsi in un reparto che ha bisogno di giocatori duttili.

In English it means......

Liverpool have an offer ready to convince the Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo to give up. According to the English site, the proposal of the Reds would be about 7 million euros. Kenny Dalglish believes that the Italian midfielder has the right characteristics to fit in a department that needs flexible players.

http://www.firenzeviola.it/?action=read&idnotizia=103724
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2011 10:23:46 am by Bpatel »
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Riccardo Montolivo.
      Reply #1: Dec 29, 2011 06:44:12 pm
      Isn't he off to Genoa? Or something similar? Remember reading it on the twatter a bit ago.

Class player, though.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #2: Dec 29, 2011 06:46:30 pm
      Isn't he off to Genoa? Or something similar? Remember reading it on the twatter a bit ago.

Class player, though.

Dont know Much about him Kev Just seen the report,For 7 Million euros 5 million sterling could be a good bit of business??
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #3: Dec 29, 2011 06:57:05 pm

Out of contract in the summer, so his price in January will be very reasonable.

He is 26, a regular Italian international, and an obvious upgrade over Adam, Henderson, Spearing and Shelvey.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: Dec 29, 2011 07:01:23 pm
      Dont know Much about him Kev Just seen the report,For 7 Million euros 5 million sterling could be a good bit of business??

He is an absolutely fantastic passer. I believe his role is called a "regista" by Italians. Calm on the ball, and can pretty much put the ball anywhere. Fantastic right foot. Too bad Fiorentina have turned in to such crap.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: Dec 29, 2011 07:12:56 pm
      Out of contract in the summer, so his price in January will be very reasonable.

He is 26, a regular Italian international, and an obvious upgrade over Adam, Henderson, Spearing and Shelvey.

Sounds good we should be snapping up players like this for this kind of money.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #6: Dec 29, 2011 07:16:42 pm
      Yes please
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #7: Dec 29, 2011 07:36:00 pm
      Make it a double swoop and get Jovetic as well :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Dec 29, 2011 07:36:38 pm
      £5 million? That'd be a good deal in my book!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #9: Dec 29, 2011 07:54:17 pm
      He is an absolutely fantastic passer. I believe his role is called a "regista" by Italians. Calm on the ball, and can pretty much put the ball anywhere. Fantastic right foot.

Don't know the lad, but I love the sound of all that!

Maybe I'd be put off if his name was Richard Olivemounter from Sunderland, though. :P (For bigmick ;)).

Too bad Fiorentina have turned in to such crap.

Not for us!

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Dec 29, 2011 07:56:23 pm
      If he is available for five million defo worth the gamble prefer de rossi but there will be competition for his signature
      LFC74
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 29, 2011 08:22:44 pm
      €7M would be a good price.

Very good gifted player who I really rate. Would love to see him at Anfield.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12: Dec 29, 2011 09:56:31 pm
      Seems odd, get rid of Aquilani and bring in someone similar for probably close to what we'll get for him. Wouldn't be against the signing though, would definitely be an upgrade on Adam.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #13: Dec 29, 2011 11:36:13 pm
      Not a better player the Aquilani doubt that Kenny is seriously looking into this.

Either way a massive improvement on Adam and Spearing.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Dec 29, 2011 11:37:42 pm
      Not a better player the Aquilani doubt that Kenny is seriously looking into this.

Either way a massive improvement on Adam and Spearing.

Not sure what Aquilani has to do with it - for all we know he didn't want to be at Liverpool anymore.

And I actually rate Montolivo more than Aquilani, if that even matters.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15: Dec 29, 2011 11:44:39 pm
      In the sense that we are looking to bring in a player to do a job that Aquilani could do and in my opinion do it better then Montolivo.

Whether or not Alberto wanted to be here or not and the circumstances around it are entirely another matter.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #16: Dec 30, 2011 12:23:59 am
      In the sense that we are looking to bring in a player to do a job that Aquilani could do and in my opinion do it better then Montolivo.

Whether or not Alberto wanted to be here or not and the circumstances around it are entirely another matter.

It's the same matter. If Alberto wanted out, we let him out. That would be the reason we would bring another player in, because Alberto no longer is here, or wanted to be here.

Comparing the two doesn't make sense to me - if we feel we need more CM cover, this guy is well worth the price. Aquilani by all means, is no longer our player.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #17: Dec 30, 2011 12:55:18 am

Aquilani might be slightly more talented, but Montolivo has a better tactical discipline. Both of them would represent a massive improvement on our current squad. I really hope that Kenny is looking into Montolivo, especially if he is available at the knockdown price of £5-6 million, due to his contract situation. In a normal situation, he is easily a £15+ million player.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Dec 30, 2011 01:29:26 am
      It's the same matter. If Alberto wanted out, we let him out. That would be the reason we would bring another player in, because Alberto no longer is here, or wanted to be here.

Comparing the two doesn't make sense to me - if we feel we need more CM cover, this guy is well worth the price. Aquilani by all means, is no longer our player.

Without derailing the topic too much Comoli admitted there was no room for Aquilani as Gerrard was playing in his position. This was a clear oversight to Gerrard's injury situation and blind faith in that Adam, Henderson, Lucas and Spearing could do the job. As this has proved fruitless to our ambitions and targets we are in the market for a creative midfielder who again in my opinion is good but inferior to Aquilani.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2011 03:29:48 am
      Utterly crap music but some highlights.

Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2011 03:53:58 am
      Aquilani might be slightly more talented, but Montolivo has a better tactical discipline. Both of them would represent a massive improvement on our current squad. I really hope that Kenny is looking into Montolivo, especially if he is available at the knockdown price of £5-6 million, due to his contract situation. In a normal situation, he is easily a £15+ million player.

This.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2011 08:20:46 am
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Dec 30, 2011 08:24:29 am
      Think he'll end up at Milan myself.

Quick Reply