Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Jose Enrique
      (13.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      (25.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (8.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (16.1%)
      Jay Spearing
      (23.4%)
      Someone else
      (12.1%)

Man City 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 40781 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Man City 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #644: Jan 03, 2012 10:20:33 pm
      I think left midfielder/ creative midfielder someone like Mata or Silva and striker brian mate 

That is, two positions where we have spent £55M recently, but hey, critics aren't allowed or else you're a negative b***ard
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #645: Jan 03, 2012 10:20:48 pm
      Funnily enough I'm not sure we're disagreeing - as I couldn't agree more with the analogy. It's just that we're not missing "that" much, just the bit that really matters - if you get my point!
      Yes, but we disagree on the causes. I think its due to bad build up of the final play, while you believe its due to bad finishing
      To be fair, finishing has not been good also...but my main concern is with the midfield.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #646: Jan 03, 2012 10:21:32 pm
      Enough said I think.

If we keep Carroll, we need to think about buying a player(s) to give him real service. Shockingly so, because as you said, Downing was bought to do that, and he isn't.

Sorry no more signings for Carroll I want signing to compliment Suarez and Gerrard
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #647: Jan 03, 2012 10:21:50 pm
      KK after match interview, have to say he looked a bit shell shocked.

He ain't used to losing 3-0
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #648: Jan 03, 2012 10:22:08 pm
      Dalglish said, "if you want to be a successful team, like they are, you've got to be clinical, which we need to get in our makeup".
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #649: Jan 03, 2012 10:22:38 pm
      Bellamy struggles to play two games in a week due to the condition he has with his knees.
      Stevie has played around 50 minutes football in total since returning from his injury.

Didn't expect neither of them to start tonight. Saying that, was surprised Dirk played instead of Maxi.

A striker is essential this January, wouldn't hurt for our midfield to start chipping in with a few either.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #650: Jan 03, 2012 10:23:08 pm
      Adam... Once again every corner and free kick (bar one) was shyte. Kuyt looking frustrated. Carroll might as well have been sat behind the goal. Downing was looking better again tonight, just no confidence to hit the shot. Positives - Spearing was trying at least, Enrique once again MOTM for me.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #651: Jan 03, 2012 10:23:14 pm
      We didnt create many chances to be clinical
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #652: Jan 03, 2012 10:24:24 pm
      What's really worrying, is people are saying (me included) that Bellers, Maxi and Gerrard should have started.

32, 31, and 31 years of age.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #653: Jan 03, 2012 10:25:07 pm
      I still feel a  bit perplexed at the Luis saga and cant be to bothered about the result.To the best of my knowledge this is the first time in the clubs history they have not stood side by side with the fans.
      Didnt look likely to get a result after Downing bottled it early on and thats the difference between us and those above we have no cutting edge in the box and wont have for 8 games.
      Sort of agree with ya Walton, we will deffo miss Luis thats a no brainer, but its not every week Big Andy will come up against a defence like tonight, the supply has to be 100% better to, and with Gerrard getting fitter the supply will get better, but other players have to supply to,i get f***in pissed off when i see players who are on thousands a week and cant cross a f***in ball, not clearing the first defender, either from dead balls or in motion.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #654: Jan 03, 2012 10:25:21 pm
      Cant believe how bad Downing was tonight made me miss Riera
      Cockney Paddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      • ONE LUIS SUAREZ
      Reply #655: Jan 03, 2012 10:26:16 pm
      I take offence at the Bellamy comment from earlier, i for one was annoyed when we sold him last time.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #656: Jan 03, 2012 10:26:54 pm
      Cant believe how bad Downing was tonight made me miss Riera
      Thought he started slow but upped his game as it went on. His crossing was poor though, again.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #657: Jan 03, 2012 10:26:56 pm
      Thought we were crap tonight and the scoreline was justified. Lack of penetration and although City were on the backfooot they never looked uncomfortable.

We could do with something coming in in January but whether what we need is available I am not so sure.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #658: Jan 03, 2012 10:27:21 pm
      Carroll wasn't the major problem tonight as the service and support to him was non existant at times. Andy is not the type of striker who will create a lot of chances for himself.

Kuyt was a massive disappointment and the balls in from wide areas were mostly just threw in without any thought.

Downing again delivered little quality final ball and his contribution needs to improve.

I thought Henderson and Jay had good games in midfield and Henderson has the ability, just needs to have a but of confidence in his own ability.

Back four were solid despite the scoreline and Agger in particular had a very good game.

MOTM for me was Spearing.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #659: Jan 03, 2012 10:27:38 pm
      Not the end of the world tho. We are just 2 points off Arsenal and 3 points off Chelsea. Gerrard is ready to start now that's the positive. We never deserved to lose by 3 goals tonight. Again so unlucky but we need to move on.

With us accepting the ban I am hoping we have a striker or 2 coming in in the next week or so!!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #660: Jan 03, 2012 10:28:10 pm
      Next Six Fixtures

Stoke City H
      Bolton A
      Wolves A
      Tottenham H
      Man U A
      Everton H

Can't be too confident now
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #661: Jan 03, 2012 10:29:07 pm
      Hopefully we will start seeing a midfield of Spearing Gerrard and maybe Henderson now
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,939 posts | 285 
      Reply #662: Jan 03, 2012 10:31:37 pm
      My harsh but i think fair rankings;

Reina: 3 - sorry Pepe i'm a big fan but not your night, two really bad errors and they cost us.
      Skrtel: 6 - I thought was strong enough, got wrong side for the "penalty" though and didn't get the ball so blaming him anyways even though was a dive.
      Agger: 9 - MOTM without a doubt, cant fault him.
      Johnson: 6 - Got forward but no overlapping runs and there was no movement for either Kuyt or Downing to bounce of from. Ball in the box was shocking too and was not covering his man for goal 2.
      Enrique: 7 - thought he did ok, still a bit tunnel eyed when going forward but mopped everything up at the back.
      Spearo: 7 - Thought did ok, didnt get quite as "involved" as lucas though, but put in a good shift.
      Downing: 5 - For a winger, he has limited pace and he couldn't clear the first man with his balls into the box, id personally rather chance pace and youth. He cant hit a barn door either. Seeming as hes our only "out and out" winger, I personally feel this is our weakest area and where we need to spend some serious k.
      Kuyt: 3 - Didnt offer alot, should have scored from the Carroll knockdown in the first half.
      Adam: 3 - Wastefull, should have got  booked, cant hit a dead ball anymore. Tired of saying the same things each week.
      Carroll: 5 - Got crap service but when a decent ball came in didn't show the desire needed to be a top striker. Being 1ft above Clichy and not getting there isnt good enough.
      Gerrard: 7 - had a decent effort from 25 yards, wasn't wasteful in possession but had no serious influence on the game.
      Bellamy: 7 - Looked lively, would have been better through the middle but we had no cover on the flanks. Agent no serious influence.
      Maxi: 6 - Didn't have too much time on the pitch to make an impact but had a half chance and didn't make anything of it.

I think we need to concentrate on the wings in the transfer window, we are really sub class from the top 6 at the moment in that area.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #663: Jan 03, 2012 10:31:38 pm
      Hopefully we will start seeing a midfield of Spearing Gerrard and maybe Henderson now
      Gerrard, Spearing, Shelvey for me, Hendo does'nt do it for me as yet.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #664: Jan 03, 2012 10:32:36 pm
      Sort of agree with ya Walton, we will deffo miss Luis thats a no brainer, but its not every week Big Andy will come up against a defence like tonight, the supply has to be 100% better to, and with Gerrard getting fitter the supply will get better, but other players have to supply to,i get f***in pissed off when i see players who are on thousands a week and cant cross a f***in ball, not clearing the first defender, either from dead balls or in motion.
      Unlike some I like andy Carroll. Now some people like to talk tactics and all sorts of bollocks but if you have a big centre forward your wingers have to hit the touchline and put in crosses he can come on to and as far as I can remember he has had everything but thrown at him.
      Stevie Heighway always went for the touchline as do all natural wingers but Downing dosent seem to have the pace to do that  which is a shame because I tohught he had been bought to supply Andy it made perfect sense.
      Anyway still pissed at the club I would love to know how Luis feels best thing for him is to go on holiday for a few weeks.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #665: Jan 03, 2012 10:33:39 pm
      Bet Pepe could tear his hair out with that goal when the ball sneaked under him, mad as F**k he was.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #666: Jan 03, 2012 10:34:06 pm
      Unlike some I like andy Carroll. Now some people like to talk tactics and all sorts of bollocks but if you have a big centre forward your wingers have to hit the touchline and put in crosses he can come on to and as far as I can remember he has had everything but thrown at him.
      Stevie Heighway always went for the touchline as do all natural wingers but Downing dosent seem to have the pace to do that  which is a shame because I tohught he had been bought to supply Andy it made perfect sense.
      Anyway still pissed at the club I would love to know how Luis feels best thing for him is to go on holiday for a few weeks.

Mate it is all about movement as well and Carroll aint helping himself

Quick Reply