Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Solidarity from the Uruguay Squad

Read 5352 times
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Solidarity from the Uruguay Squad
      Jan 08, 2012 10:52:48 am
      Manchester United’s Patrice Evra faces international backlash

Jan 8 2012 by CRouter CRouter, The People

"LUIS SUAREZ’S black international pal Alvaro Pereira has warned Patrice Evra he will have to wear body armour when France meet Uruguay in a friendly later this year.

There is uproar in South America over the Liverpool man’s eight-match ban, and the clash between Evra’s country and Uruguay in August threatens to become an all-out war.

FC Porto’s Pereira said: “Evra is going to have to wear body armour. If I ’m called negro, I laugh. But now it’s a crime to say something on the pitch.

“If this happened in South America, they’d have to suspend everyone. I think Man United tried to take advantage of this situation and prevent one of Liverpool’s best players from playing. That’s sad.”

At least Luis can rely on the staunchness of his colleagues in the Uruguay squad
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2012 11:51:20 am by Reslivo »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Solidarity from the Uruguay Squad
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2012 11:00:09 am
      Not helping calm things, but at least they can see what has happened.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2012 11:03:07 am
      I'm quite sure Patrice Evra will suddenly feel ill and not be available for selection.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2012 11:06:57 am
      ;D.
      RUMANU
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2012 11:14:29 am
      oh so its ok Alvaro Pereira says its fine to use the word negro and he laughs when he is called it. In England you are not allowed to make any reference to a player's colours so Mr Pereira whether its ok with you or not, its not ok in England.

just dont get why anyones colour should be brought up in any kind of sport whether its a liverpool player saying it or a united player saying it. If Rooney had said it i would not want him at the club fullstop.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2012 11:23:17 am
      It definitely is not okay in England and Suarez deserves the ban but all I want is the FA to treat others the same - John Terry or whoever.

Also, a Liverpool fan was arrested after the Oldham match but time and time again, I've heard stories about fans abusing and insulting familes of players and that is one unacceptable level of abuse, whether it was racist or not.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #6: Jan 08, 2012 11:33:37 am
      Bullshit he deserves the ban!

This is a witch hunt at it's finest, instigated by the dogs at Fergie's Army.

I know it won't help calm things down, but I don't care as Luis has to carry this for a long time, and miss him for 8 matches at a crucial juncture of the season.

Well done Perreira. It's great to hear.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #7: Jan 08, 2012 11:44:13 am
      It definitely is not okay in England and Suarez deserves the ban but all I want is the FA to treat others the same - John Terry or whoever.

Also, a Liverpool fan was arrested after the Oldham match but time and time again, I've heard stories about fans abusing and insulting familes of players and that is one unacceptable level of abuse, whether it was racist or not.

Nah he F***ing doesn't.

It was a F***ing joke of a report with no evidence supporting Evra. Definition of witch hunt.

Well in to the Uruguay squad, good to see more support for Suarez which is exactly what the lad needs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #8: Jan 08, 2012 11:50:07 am
      oh so its ok Alvaro Pereira says its fine to use the word negro and he laughs when he is called it. In England you are not allowed to make any reference to a player's colours so Mr Pereira whether its ok with you or not, its not ok in England.

just dont get why anyones colour should be brought up in any kind of sport whether its a liverpool player saying it or a united player saying it. If Rooney had said it i would not want him at the club fullstop.

So Racism is wrong, but a touch of xenophobia is fine!!

Oh and if I was Evra I'd be F***ing shitting myself, as Uruguay have always been a nasty bunch of bas**rds when they want to be.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,631 posts | 1519 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #9: Jan 08, 2012 11:50:12 am
      I look forward to bones breaking, I wouldn't wish injury on anyone, but Evra, he is just c**t through and through, if he got injured......  :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Jan 08, 2012 12:03:01 pm
      That pussy bi*ch, who I believe to be the true racist here, wont line out for that game
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #11: Jan 08, 2012 12:21:48 pm
      No point in worrying about calming things right now. The match at Old Trafford is a ticking time bomb as it is, let alone an international friendly!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #12: Jan 08, 2012 12:24:47 pm

and what about nationalities? Its bad to be a racist but Ok to be xenophobic? Burst your freaking bubble boy. He is a BLACK SOUTH AMERICAN playing in Europe, so trust me, he knows a lot more about abuse than you do.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2012 01:03:43 pm by QuicoGalante »
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #13: Jan 08, 2012 12:26:16 pm

Oh and if I was Evra I'd be f**king shitting myself, as Uruguay have always been a nasty bunch of bas**rds when they want to be.

Yeas, that is most unfortunately true...
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #14: Jan 08, 2012 12:31:19 pm
      “If this happened in South America, they’d have to suspend everyone. I think Man United tried to take advantage of this situation and prevent one of Liverpool’s best players from playing. That’s sad.”

Spot on that man!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,271 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #15: Jan 08, 2012 12:37:54 pm
      Excellent.

I'm quite sure Patrice Evra will suddenly feel ill and not be available for selection.

Agree, the Ryan Giggs protocol. Plays day 1, life threatening injury sustained so can't play on day 4, recovers for game on day 7.
      You heard it here first.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #16: Jan 08, 2012 12:45:48 pm
      Lets hope he faces Uruguay the week before Liverpool at Anfield. ;D
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 08, 2012 12:47:11 pm
      the language police are ruining britians reputation for fairness. then you read the FA  has a conviction rate of over 99%. when dealing with managers,players and the whole issue is currrupt and farcial.When is this nonsense going to stop or are we on a slippery slope of total imjustice.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #18: Jan 08, 2012 12:49:09 pm
      Louis should have called all his national squad members as witnesses at the FA witch hunt, sorry I mean enquiry. Maybe then the board (judge, jury & executioners) would have then had some grasp of the South American colloquial and ubiquitous use and meaning of the unfortunate word he used!
      I'm guessing Evra probably would have let it go if it wasn't for that poisonous tw*t Ferguson insisting that he pressed it. Dirty horrible c**t.
      After all it was Sir Phalic's that marched Evra off to the ref's dressing room after the game.
      Ferguson could smell blood and thereby an advantage. Enough said!!
      (Justice for Louis)
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #19: Jan 08, 2012 12:50:19 pm
      Well done Uruguay.I believe there must have been some strong reason for the club to back out of this issue but there's certainly nothing stopping the Uruguay team and if Evra does chicken out,he would have made an even bigger joke of himself.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20: Jan 08, 2012 12:56:14 pm
      Same ground getting covered here.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #21: Jan 08, 2012 02:02:14 pm
      We should have a poll on what faked injury or reason Evra will be missing the Uruguay match with.

He is a nasty, and dangerous cretin. Karma will be in full force one day for him, I'm sure.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #22: Jan 08, 2012 02:04:04 pm
      How long is a broken leg about 8 matches ??

Quick Reply