Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool and Manchester United to hold peace talk's before FA cup game

Read 10269 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Liverpool and Manchester United to hold peace talk's before FA cup game
      Jan 08, 2012 09:23:05 pm
      Manchester United and Liverpool will hold peace talks over the next few weeks after being paired together in an FA Cup fourth-round draw that also throws up the possibility of John Terry's Chelsea playing at Queens Park Rangers only a few days before his court appearance for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

The draw will see United, who on Sunday knocked out the holders Manchester City in a dramatic and controversial 3-2 derby victory, go to Anfield at a time when the Luis Suárez affair has caused significant damage to the relationship between the two clubs and left Liverpool in a state of open conflict against the Football Association.

At the same time QPR, who announced on Sunday night that they had sacked Neil Warnock as manager, now know a win in their third‑round replay against MK Dons on 17 January will see them entertain Chelsea for the first time since Terry was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence over comments allegedly made to Ferdinand during the Premier League match at Loftus Road on 23 October. The fourth-round games will take place over the weekend of 28‑29 January, with Terry scheduled to appear before west London magistrates' court on 1 February.

This was the draw that the FA feared the most and raises the prospect of two of the key ties being played amid a strained and acrimonious backdrop. One of Liverpool's concerns, in particular, is that the bad feeling could lead to an increase in songs between rival supporters about the Munich and Hillsborough disasters. They are also concerned that Suárez will face chants that tar him as a racist. The Anfield club are so concerned they let it be known last week they wanted clear-the-air talks with United at some stage in the next month to discuss the best way to approach the league encounter at Old Trafford on 11 February.

That is likely to be Suárez's first away game after serving his eight-match ban for his use of the word "negro" during a row with Patrice Evra in the 1-1 draw at Anfield in October. The FA's ruling against Suárez and Liverpool's aggressively worded statements, effectively accusing Evra of concocting his allegations out of spite and stating that the case against their player was "highly subjective", has caused huge damage behind the scenes, and Sir Alex Ferguson was almost contemptuous when it was put to him on Friday that the Merseyside club were suggesting some form of high-level communication.

"It's nice of them to do it through the press," he said pointedly. "You would have thought they would have come to Manchester United. But I don't see why there is any need for that, to be honest."

Ferguson's prickliness can be explained by his grievances in the wake of Liverpool attacking Evra as "not credible", the lack of an apology for the United player and the apparent refusal at Anfield to accept the verdict of an independent commission led by Paul Goulding QC. Liverpool's stance remains the same and they also want to open discussions with the FA, but the hope was that they could do it quietly whereas the Cup draw seems certain to keep the Suárez case in the news.

United have privately accepted they will be open to an approach from Liverpool about improving relations and working on a joint strategy ahead of a game in which FA regulations state away clubs are allowed a 15% allocation of tickets. Liverpool reduced United's usual 3,000 allocation to 1,960 for October's game, citing problems of persistent standing and aisle-blocking at previous matches, but may be obliged to give them more than 6,000 tickets this time.

With tensions running so high, it threatens to be a logistical and security issue for both clubs, the FA and the Merseyside and Greater Manchester police. There is also the possibility that a fourth-round replay could lead to Suárez facing Evra and a hostile Old Trafford crowd twice within three or four days.

Similar difficulties will be experienced at Loftus Road after an episode that has left a tense relationship between the two sets of supporters. Chelsea have condemned the anti-Ferdinand chants that have been sung by a minority of supporters since their last meeting with QPR and there had been relief on both sides that their next league encounter was not until 28 April.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/08/fa-cup-liverpool-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

We offered the olive branch the other day and they laughed at us and now there coming to Anfield they'v changed there mind f**k them !
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: Liverpool and Manchester United to hold peace talk's before FA cup game
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2012 09:27:33 pm
      Love the phrase 'peace talks' as if it's an actual war :D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2012 09:28:26 pm
      Honestly couldn't give a sh*t about improving relationships with them cu*ts. We all heard Ferguson the other day, so we should tell them to F**k off and tw*t them on the pitch.

Relations between fans are going to be tense regarding this for a long time to come, and I don't see how the clubs are going to be able to change that, to much water under the bridge now.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2012 09:33:03 pm
      Correct lads they fooked us off when we offered earlier so fook them.

And as said peace talks between the suits will mean nothing the fans will forever hate each other
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2012 09:34:47 pm
      Alex Ferguson was happy to deny the olive branch we offered.  Now they want talks.

Wouldn't be in this mess if they hadn't bullshitted to the FA.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2012 09:37:36 pm
      F**k them off would be the natural reaction but by doing so we would look as though we are inflaming things.

Tricky one but think we will have to go along with it.

Won't stop the hate for Evra on the day anyway.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #6: Jan 08, 2012 09:38:13 pm
      F**k them
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Jan 08, 2012 09:38:19 pm
      When they have trashed the Annie Road, and they will, I hope we give them the bill.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #8: Jan 08, 2012 09:40:49 pm

We offered the olive branch the other day and they laughed at us and now there coming to Anfield they'v changed there mind f**k them !
      Exactly and their disgraceful "supporters" will follow their managers lead and spew hate and confrontation at every opportunity.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9: Jan 08, 2012 09:41:48 pm
      When they have trashed the Annie Road, and they will, I hope we give them the bill.

Pretty sure we will return the favour at their place. We have and we will again.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Jan 08, 2012 09:44:01 pm
      Trying to back up now because the fights at Anfield first.
      Game changer for them.
      F**k them. I understand why Liverpool officials will look to resolve this.
      If nothing else it might stop all the slanderous bullshit by the press.
      This club does a lot of community work worldwide and all those witch hunting cu*ts in the media have suddenly got us on the defensive.
      Should never have happened. That's modern gossip media for you.

Ultimately though what we will face is two groups of supporters that have had the old rivalry brought to the boil.
      I'm sure certain press members are hoping for full on war.

I hope our own fans do us proud.
      I fully expect the Mancs to be a classless shower of cu*ts.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #11: Jan 08, 2012 09:48:32 pm
      Honestly couldn't give a sh*t about improving relationships with them cu*ts. We all heard Ferguson the other day, so we should tell them to f**k off and tw*t them on the pitch.

Relations between fans are going to be tense regarding this for a long time to come, and I don't see how the clubs are going to be able to change that, to much water under the bridge now.

I don't think there is a bridge anymore tbh, mate.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #12: Jan 08, 2012 09:52:38 pm
      I don't think there is a bridge anymore tbh, mate.
      Fair shout, the bridge has been taken by the flood of hatred!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #13: Jan 08, 2012 09:54:12 pm
      Trying to back up now because the fights at Anfield first.
      Game changer for them.
      F**k them. I understand why Liverpool officials will look to resolve this.
      If nothing else it might stop all the slanderous bullshit by the press.
      This club does a lot of community work worldwide and all those witch hunting cu*ts in the media have suddenly got us on the defensive.
      Should never have happened. That's modern gossip media for you.

Ultimately though what we will face is two groups of supporters that have had the old rivalry brought to the boil.
      I'm sure certain press members are hoping for full on war.

I hope our own fans do us proud.
      I fully expect the Mancs to be a classless shower of cu*ts.
      You're right of course racer about the poison printed in the media but F**k nose was more than happy to let it roll and if anything encourage it, when it suited his campaign.
      The situation could boil over at Anfield to the detriment of the mancs so his "gesture" is entirely self serving.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Jan 08, 2012 09:59:59 pm
      That's my point Stu.
      They no longer have home advantage.

That and the aurl cu*ts worried.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #15: Jan 08, 2012 10:07:34 pm
      I thought I'd posted this on another thread but it seems to have disappeared.
      Has anyone from LFC come out officially and said that we approached the Mancs for the so called 'Be Nice To Luis' talks?
      So far I've only seen it in the press and then ridiculed by Slur Alex.
      Wouldn't be surprised if the press were making it up to stir up yet more trouble.
      Again there is nothing in the quoted piece that says we have approached anyone.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #16: Jan 08, 2012 10:58:12 pm
      Alex Ferguson was happy to deny the olive branch we offered.  Now they want talks.

Wouldn't be in this mess if they hadn't bullshitted to the FA.

Exactly.

F**k them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17: Jan 08, 2012 11:13:00 pm
      I thought I'd posted this on another thread but it seems to have disappeared.
      Has anyone from LFC come out officially and said that we approached the Mancs for the so called 'Be Nice To Luis' talks?
      So far I've only seen it in the press and then ridiculed by Slur Alex.
      Wouldn't be surprised if the press were making it up to stir up yet more trouble.
      Again there is nothing in the quoted piece that says we have approached anyone.

Good post. Ive never seen anything and on this thread there is no substantiation to it.
      Even if it did or if it were to happen I think we all would be the last ones to know about it.

The old story of Life.

Who started the ball rolling in the first place.

Karma is going to get ya m ****rf**kers.

Yippee Kai Yaye
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #18: Jan 08, 2012 11:19:16 pm
      If any ''Olive Branch''was offered and refused,then let's just whip the fcuk out of them with it. ''Peace Talk's'' my arse,let them have it all.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #19: Jan 08, 2012 11:21:44 pm
      Oh, I see. Now that the situation has changed, due to the fact that the scum have to come to Anfield, they would now be interested in having peace talks  :laugh:

You wanted a war, well you got a war fergiscum.

I say we tell them to do one and bring the game to them, full on and take no prisoners!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #20: Jan 08, 2012 11:26:00 pm
      I'm sorry but as an olive branch was offered and it wasn't taken. Don't think they can come crawling back when they realise that they have to face us at Anfield in a few weeks.

F**k them.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #21: Jan 08, 2012 11:28:47 pm
      No ta, shove any kind of friendly fire right up your arse, the old soak is sh*t scared of Kenny and even the mancs know it. The fact he had to drag the little c**t evra off to the ref to get luis off the scene proves he'll stoop to any level to try and beat Kenny.
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 08, 2012 11:41:32 pm
      So called "peace talks" only add fuel to the fire imo. Everyone knows both clubs are bitter rivals.

No doubt there'll be numerous racist chants etc.
      Bring em on and lets show em who's boss on the field.
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #23: Jan 09, 2012 12:45:10 am
      I for one am concerned that the hatred has now grown to such an extent that someone at some point is going to lose their life. At the end of the day, excuse the cliche, none of us can control the actions of those seeking revenge and how that revenge might be actioned. It takes only enough alcohol, a grudge, and a single act of violence to rob someone of a husband, son or partner. We as supporters of Liverpool Football Club above all understand the tragedy that can result from attending football. Lets not allow ourselves to be goaded into this type of situation or action. By far the best way to answer our critics, and they are many as we know, is to build this club to once again become the premier football club in this country both on and off the pitch. We need to be setting an example to the world of what following our team is all about. If our detractors want to show their own base natures through uncontrolled acts of hatered towards us then so be it. It will not be easy that I understand but we are Liverpool Football Club. YNWA

Sorry folks soap box moment over.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #24: Jan 09, 2012 12:58:51 am
      I for one am concerned that the hatred has now grown to such an extent that someone at some point is going to lose their life. At the end of the day, excuse the cliche, none of us can control the actions of those seeking revenge and how that revenge might be actioned. It takes only enough alcohol, a grudge, and a single act of violence to rob someone of a husband, son or partner. We as supporters of Liverpool Football Club above all understand the tragedy that can result from attending football. Lets not allow ourselves to be goaded into this type of situation or action. By far the best way to answer our critics, and they are many as we know, is to build this club to once again become the premier football club in this country both on and off the pitch. We need to be setting an example to the world of what following our team is all about. If our detractors want to show their own base natures through uncontrolled acts of hatered towards us then so be it. It will not be easy that I understand but we are Liverpool Football Club. YNWA

Good post mate.

Of course no-one wants to see anyone lose their life. It's all about putting the fear of God into them and kicking their ass on the pitch. As well as standing up for one of our own who has been wrongly and unjustly vilified and showing them our strength as a family of Reds, letting them know we will not be beaten, no matter what dirty tricks they try.

It's all about unity and everything else this great club stands for. Something they envy and can never have. YNWA!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #25: Jan 09, 2012 01:14:31 am
      Ferguson didn't want peace talks because he didn't give a damn about the abuse Suarez was going to get. Why should we give a sh*t about the abuse Evra will get?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Jan 09, 2012 01:24:35 am
      For me its time to be the bigger man, If Fergie did indeed throw it back in our faces, then what does it say about gracefully accepting their request & welcoming them into the coridoors of Anfield?, think about it.

It shows Kenny and the Club in a much better light than Fergie and United and some good publicity wouldn't go a miss right now.
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 09, 2012 01:32:23 am
      Ferguson didn't want peace talks because he didn't give a damn about the abuse Suarez was going to get. Why should we give a sh*t about the abuse Evra will get?

You're right, but this is just typical of ferguson, he is and always has been jealous of Liverpool football club.

I too say tough tits, you had your chance and it's all your lying, bleating fault.

I'm away and have no chance of getting to the game but I hope anfield is too loud to even hear the away end.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #28: Jan 09, 2012 01:50:09 am
      For me its time to be the bigger man, If Fergie did indeed throw it back in our faces, then what does it say about gracefully accepting their request & welcoming them into the coridoors of Anfield?, think about it.

It shows Kenny and the Club in a much better light than Fergie and United and some good publicity wouldn't go a miss right now.

This.

It will say so much more for the fans at Anfield to make sure that the scum are treated with respect and let the players dish out the revenge by getting a result on the pitch.
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 09, 2012 01:52:41 am
      I think peace talks might be a good idea. I'm worried about the self serving idiots who'd witlessly further damage the clubs reputation, the lad shouting horrible bile at Adeyemi being a prime example.

Let them get themselves into trouble. Be the bigger man as RedLFCBlood said.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #30: Jan 09, 2012 01:58:13 am
      They should hold the peace talks in a garage on Chicago's eastside.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #31: Jan 09, 2012 01:59:16 am
      .... on Valentine's Day !!!!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #32: Jan 09, 2012 02:38:48 am
      The only 'peace talk' is we beat the living hell out of them and win the FA. Then we sit and talk...not.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #33: Jan 09, 2012 03:03:41 am
      No F**k the peace talks it's gone too far we extended the olive branch and they laughed in our face about it.

It's gone too far at this stage any peace talk's wouldn't do any good they have tarnished our reputation over the last few months and regardless of the outcome Suarez is still going to be branded a racist for the rest of his career in England.

We need to make Anfield as hostile as it's ever been and not let that lying b***ard any respite no doubt united will do the same to Suarez when we go to Old Trafford.

Is Evra mentally tough enough to play a game with 45 000 fans booing, jeering and roaring abuse at him ? I don't think so he's a lose cannon we'v seen what he's done in France.I think if he's mind's not 100% on the game Gerrard will tear him apart.

I don't think there's been a derby as hate filled as this in my life.
      RedCanuck
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 09, 2012 03:15:35 am
        I think all the talk on all the forums is proof enough the FA's decision is completely flawed, they've done nothing other than bring the whole issue to the forefront.  Racism is always laying just beneath the surface.  I live near Vancouver Canada, been following LFC  all my life my old man's a scouser and I was at the last game of the season last year v spurs.  I can tell you all at least over here the press has paid no attention it as they know damn well what can ensue.  In terms of professionalsports league, last week in the NHL a player for the Florida Panthers was accused of making a racisit remark to a black memeber of the Montreal Canadians.  Within 2 days the player in question was suspended for 1 game based on lack of evidence yet the league did not want to make a meal out of such a sensitive issue.  I guess my point is the league dealt with it quickly and no one has since mentioned it.  The problem in the UK as I see it from over here is there's no accountability for journo's.  It starts at the top, the way the press is in the UK is shocking, they are afforded that freedom, and going years back that type of reporting should have been stamped out.  I firmly beleive Luis Suarez has been made the target of a campaign by the FA.   It honestly makes me wonder if this hasn't all come around at the hands of politicians against the release of information regarding Hillsborough after the petition was successful? 

All that being said, I truely wish I could be at Anfield that day just to watch Fergie choke on his gum!  Don't stoop to the level of the scum, rise above and smash the bas**rds, that's the biggest finger you could ever hold up to that lot!!  Evra isn't worth mentioning!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #35: Jan 09, 2012 04:23:12 am
      I wouldn't be surprised if Evra didn't play in that match. Whiskey nose will hold him out and he'll make a big deal about it being for "his own safety" or some garbage like that.

If Evra does play I would suspect that any taunting by fans even if not racially motivated will be met with him making racist accusations once again. Why wouldn't he...he knows that the FA will take his word and rule in ManUre's favor.
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 09, 2012 04:44:03 am
      He'll deffo play, and all the abuse he gets will be used to damn us.

The clever thing to do might be to ease off on the happily misconstrued abuse, came up with something clearer or put that energy into positive support. Won't happen though.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #37: Jan 09, 2012 06:01:39 am
      Not interested.

Was justice served at the FA hearing? No.

No justice, No peace.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #38: Jan 09, 2012 07:02:55 am
        I think all the talk on all the forums is proof enough the FA's decision is completely flawed, they've done nothing other than bring the whole issue to the forefront.  Racism is always laying just beneath the surface.  I live near Vancouver Canada, been following LFC  all my life my old man's a scouser and I was at the last game of the season last year v spurs.  I can tell you all at least over here the press has paid no attention it as they know damn well what can ensue.  In terms of professionalsports league, last week in the NHL a player for the Florida Panthers was accused of making a racisit remark to a black memeber of the Montreal Canadians.  Within 2 days the player in question was suspended for 1 game based on lack of evidence yet the league did not want to make a meal out of such a sensitive issue.  I guess my point is the league dealt with it quickly and no one has since mentioned it.  The problem in the UK as I see it from over here is there's no accountability for journo's.  It starts at the top, the way the press is in the UK is shocking, they are afforded that freedom, and going years back that type of reporting should have been stamped out.  I firmly beleive Luis Suarez has been made the target of a campaign by the FA.   It honestly makes me wonder if this hasn't all come around at the hands of politicians against the release of information regarding Hillsborough after the petition was successful? 

A very relevant comment, the FA have realistically done nothing to address the issue and their response from day 1 has generated nothing but bitterness and resentment - the very sentiments racism is associated with.
      Not helped of course by a plethora of comments from do gooders light years from actual events and as detatched as Euro officials have always been.
      To say nothing of course of the hypocracy and double standards of the FA with board members playing dual roles, while passing disciplinary measures for the Association and also being board members of a fierce rival of the team under scrutiny.
      Flawed is an understatement and the system that is the the FA needs dismantling and it's officials vetted for any affiliation and position that could affect any decision they are a party to.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #39: Jan 09, 2012 08:06:09 am
      Manchester United and Liverpool will hold peace talks over the next few weeks after being paired together in an FA Cup fourth-round draw that also throws up the possibility of John Terry's Chelsea playing at Queens Park Rangers only a few days before his court appearance for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

The draw will see United, who on Sunday knocked out the holders Manchester City in a dramatic and controversial 3-2 derby victory, go to Anfield at a time when the Luis Suárez affair has caused significant damage to the relationship between the two clubs and left Liverpool in a state of open conflict against the Football Association.

At the same time QPR, who announced on Sunday night that they had sacked Neil Warnock as manager, now know a win in their third‑round replay against MK Dons on 17 January will see them entertain Chelsea for the first time since Terry was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence over comments allegedly made to Ferdinand during the Premier League match at Loftus Road on 23 October. The fourth-round games will take place over the weekend of 28‑29 January, with Terry scheduled to appear before west London magistrates' court on 1 February.

This was the draw that the FA feared the most and raises the prospect of two of the key ties being played amid a strained and acrimonious backdrop. One of Liverpool's concerns, in particular, is that the bad feeling could lead to an increase in songs between rival supporters about the Munich and Hillsborough disasters. They are also concerned that Suárez will face chants that tar him as a racist. The Anfield club are so concerned they let it be known last week they wanted clear-the-air talks with United at some stage in the next month to discuss the best way to approach the league encounter at Old Trafford on 11 February.

That is likely to be Suárez's first away game after serving his eight-match ban for his use of the word "negro" during a row with Patrice Evra in the 1-1 draw at Anfield in October. The FA's ruling against Suárez and Liverpool's aggressively worded statements, effectively accusing Evra of concocting his allegations out of spite and stating that the case against their player was "highly subjective", has caused huge damage behind the scenes, and Sir Alex Ferguson was almost contemptuous when it was put to him on Friday that the Merseyside club were suggesting some form of high-level communication.

"It's nice of them to do it through the press," he said pointedly. "You would have thought they would have come to Manchester United. But I don't see why there is any need for that, to be honest."

Ferguson's prickliness can be explained by his grievances in the wake of Liverpool attacking Evra as "not credible", the lack of an apology for the United player and the apparent refusal at Anfield to accept the verdict of an independent commission led by Paul Goulding QC. Liverpool's stance remains the same and they also want to open discussions with the FA, but the hope was that they could do it quietly whereas the Cup draw seems certain to keep the Suárez case in the news.

United have privately accepted they will be open to an approach from Liverpool about improving relations and working on a joint strategy ahead of a game in which FA regulations state away clubs are allowed a 15% allocation of tickets. Liverpool reduced United's usual 3,000 allocation to 1,960 for October's game, citing problems of persistent standing and aisle-blocking at previous matches, but may be obliged to give them more than 6,000 tickets this time.

With tensions running so high, it threatens to be a logistical and security issue for both clubs, the FA and the Merseyside and Greater Manchester police. There is also the possibility that a fourth-round replay could lead to Suárez facing Evra and a hostile Old Trafford crowd twice within three or four days.

Similar difficulties will be experienced at Loftus Road after an episode that has left a tense relationship between the two sets of supporters. Chelsea have condemned the anti-Ferdinand chants that have been sung by a minority of supporters since their last meeting with QPR and there had been relief on both sides that their next league encounter was not until 28 April.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/08/fa-cup-liverpool-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

Too Funny.
      zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #40: Jan 09, 2012 09:02:45 am

Top post mate, well done.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #41: Jan 09, 2012 11:38:17 am
      They should hold the peace talks in a garage in Anfield.

Changed it for you.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #42: Jan 09, 2012 11:52:43 am
      Bit surprised by some comments. The people I know who will be there and have been to many high tension matches know how to behave we have had many many games like this. We should have more faith in our own if you are talking about one idiot shouting abuse thats a long way from committing a serious breach of the law.
      Expect Evra to be booed and shouted at constantly he will be left with the distinct impression we think he is a liar and a cheat.
      A full blooded Derby match is about as hostile as it gets the UTD game is all about making sure the world know what we think of players who cheat.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Jan 09, 2012 03:03:01 pm
      I think we should (and probably will) channel the ill feeling that's surfaced lately, into a supreme battering.

There's no point getting all angry over recent events. We'll only come away from it looking like a pathetic joke.

I remember being on one of the marches against Hicks & Gillett just before kick off when we played the mancs the other year. To say all the hatred, anger and frustration didn't have a huge positive impact to the support our red men received on the pitch that day, would be a big fat lie. We got our frustrations out BEFORE the game kicked off and when it did kick off, there was nothing but support for our red men.

We tore them apart. This time we have a chance to either rip them apart even more ruthlessly or come out of it with our reputation as boss fans, in tatters.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #44: Jan 09, 2012 03:19:38 pm
      Personally I feel this is a PR exercise.

We tried to have this before the draw on Sunday, and they refused. Now the sh*t has hit the fan, and all of a sudden it's happening.

It will make no difference anyway. We hate them, they hate us. Talk is just that talk. But if we refuse like they did, then we will be vilified, again.

As always, one rule for us, one rule for the rest, one rule for them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45: Jan 09, 2012 04:16:57 pm
      F**k them KUNTS,they deliberately tried to F**k up our season with the ''i'm not a negro but i am black'' Evra bullshit, yeah the very one who spouts ''muther f***in Niggas'' on video,the one who was given preferential treatment so he would look and sound better to the three man FA appointed panel,who just happened to have one of Fergies cronies on it, the same little KUNT  who called Luis ''Sudaco'', the same kunt who with Fergie ran to the ref's room, crying like a baby, F**k me they can F**k right off, the olive branch was refused so F**k him and them, ''KUNTS'' I f***in HATE THEM,i never ever thought i could hate them any more than i did, but i truly detest them even more,

i say give them kunts hell,from the second they arrive to the second they F**k off,

this is our f***in enemy, smash the f***in sh*t out of them, i say, cant f***in wait, i hope that Kunt Evra plays, but i doubt he will, ferguscum will take him out of the equation, but he wont stop the shitstorm from the Kop,

what we must not do tho is sing 'Dambusters' or anything racial, that would only give the manc lovin media more ammo to beat us with,
      lets F**k them up on the pitch, let the lads F**k them on Luis's behalf,

i'd love to be there so i could give my all vocally, to old to fight these days, but i'll be there in spirit giving my all in front of the goggle box, f***in cant wait for this, lets F**k these Manc Kunts up proper, KUUNTTS!!!!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #46: Jan 09, 2012 04:18:41 pm
      Calm down Billy, you got week or two yet. What will you be like come the day.  :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      Reply #47: Jan 09, 2012 04:23:28 pm
      Calm down Billy, you got week or two yet. What will you be like come the day.  :D
      I know keith, cant help it, i'll probably need sedating, or put in a straight jacket, tbh, i'm still seething over the Suarez's sh*t, and this WILL be karma, of some sorts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Jan 09, 2012 04:28:30 pm
      I know keith, cant help it, i'll probably need sedating, or put in a straight jacket, tbh, i'm still seething over the Suarez's sh*t, and this WILL be karma, of some sorts.

Fully understand the Evra thing. i wish i knew the truth. Its all one sour affair.   :( Wish it would go away, sadly i think its with us a while now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #49: Jan 09, 2012 04:33:47 pm
      When the anger subsides and you see some sense through the red mist the only conclusion is that this is a PR exercise by the spitefull old c**t.
      To the best of our ability we have got to keep the rage at bay purely as PR exercise you understand, and get one over on the spiteful arl c**t spoken of.
      What better than throw some ridicule his way, in fact a whole lot of ridicule at the their methods of de-stabilising their opponents to achieve what they cannot do on the field of play.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      Reply #50: Jan 09, 2012 04:47:11 pm
      Fully understand the Evra thing. i wish i knew the truth. Its all one sour affair.   :( Wish it would go away, sadly i think its with us a while now.
      The truth is out there as 'Moulder' said, you just need to believe it, Evra should f***in man up, and say he was totally mistaken and would like to apologise to Mr Suarez for the crap he,and his boss has put him thru, and for the racial comments he himself admitted to saying, then volunteer to do a 8 match ban, and donate £40,000 to Alder Hey chidrens ward, only then would Liverpool's fans possibly forgive him,

but the chances of that are happening are the same as i have of licking Scully's minge,  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #51: Jan 09, 2012 04:55:48 pm
      When the anger subsides and you see some sense through the red mist the only conclusion is that this is a PR exercise by the spitefull old c**t.
      To the best of our ability we have got to keep the rage at bay purely as PR exercise you understand, and get one over on the spiteful arl c**t spoken of.
      What better than throw some ridicule his way, in fact a whole lot of ridicule at the their methods of de-stabilising their opponents to achieve what they cannot do on the field of play.

Good post in some respect. I find the best way to answer my critics is a saying i have with my Greyhounds.

I will let the dogs do the talking on the track  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Jan 09, 2012 04:57:18 pm
      The truth is out there as 'Moulder' said, you just need to believe it, Evra should f***in man up, and say he was totally mistaken and would like to apologise to Mr Suarez for the crap he,and his boss has put him thru, and for the racial comments he himself admitted to saying, then volunteer to do a 8 match ban, and donate £40,000 to Alder Hey chidrens ward, only then would Liverpool's fans possibly forgive him,

but the chances of that are happening are the same as i have of licking Scully's minge,  ;D

ROLMFHO  ;D Dirty bastuurrdd  :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #53: Jan 09, 2012 04:59:15 pm
      Quite simple really

Liverpool/United "peace talks". Nah F**k off you manc scum. When we wanted them a few days ago you couldn't wait to tell us to piss off, now you're all for it cos the next match between the two clubs is at Anfield - the home of England's most successful club. And now you're shitting yourselves. Well F**k off with the peace talks, won't be any peace between the two clubs. You're gonna get the stick you deserve when you come to Anfield in the FA Cup.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #54: Jan 09, 2012 05:03:28 pm
      It isn't simple I don't think, because at the moment the hatred between the two clubs is at its peak. What we want at the end of it is for every person who entered the ground to end up back at home safely by the end of it.

As it stands at the moment, I would suggest that is an unlikely outcome.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #55: Jan 09, 2012 05:05:15 pm
      It isn't simple I don't think, because at the moment the hatred between the two clubs is at its peak. What we want at the end of it is for every person who entered the ground to end up back at home safely by the end of it.

ditto
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #56: Jan 09, 2012 05:20:04 pm
       People need to remember that untilately, though it hurts bad when it doesn't go your way, though you desperately want to come out on top, it's a game.

Obviously easier to remember that if we beat the c*nts ;D.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #57: Jan 09, 2012 05:38:00 pm

I agree with this.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #58: Jan 09, 2012 07:26:01 pm
      Its not peace talks its PEAS talk. Were all going to sit around and discuss which peas are the best with fish and chips. Garden peas, mushy peas, tinned peas, snap peas..has to be mushy for me
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      Reply #59: Jan 09, 2012 07:30:14 pm
      People need to remember that untilately, though it hurts bad when it doesn't go your way, though you desperately want to come out on top, it's a game.

Obviously easier to remember that if we beat the c*nts ;D.
      Its much more than a game Mick, as much as i would hate to see anyone lose their life,from either side, you just cant pass it as just a game, Netball is just a game, as is darts, draughts, ludo, this is far bigger and more important, i'm a wool mate but i can recognise how important and passionate a Liverpudlian Red is for his/her team, and they may see Blueshite as their local rivals but Scum are the true enemy,

i'm Scottish, i too have passion, maybe more so than local Reds fans, and if i could  change where i come from,or have my time again i would gladly and wholeheartedly love it to be as a Scouse Reds fan, maybe it's the Irish in us all, maybe it's because of our working class beginnings but whatever it is i know where my heart is, we are as one, Shanks recognised it, i certainly recognised it when i used to come to Anfield, i felt i was at home, amongst people who were the same as me, a togetherness you couldn't find anywhere else,
      the f***in Manc's are our enemy, end of, even if we were talking f***in tiddlywinks i'd still want to smash 'em', much much more than just a game, it's about pride, passion, hatred, and love, and we will f***in conquer them bas**rds,

IKWT   YNWA   

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #60: Jan 09, 2012 07:34:09 pm
      Why its not as if Luis can play is it!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #61: Jan 09, 2012 09:00:27 pm
      ......but the chances of that are happening are the same as i have of licking Scully's minge,  ;D

Minge? I thought he had a cock and balls?

Whatever floats yer boat billy. ;)

Kenny Dalglish stars in "Scully", then flogs hooch in japanese
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #62: Jan 09, 2012 09:18:12 pm

The most sence i have heared on the subject...........nar f**k em give the bas**rds hell at Anfield
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #63: Jan 10, 2012 05:48:34 am
      Who cares about peace. Everyone has lost respect for us already lets go to Anfield and give Evra so much.
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #64: Jan 10, 2012 08:31:52 am
      Who cares about peace. Everyone has lost respect for us already lets go to Anfield and give Evra so much.
      I care about Liverpool FC. Shouting abuse at a Evra for 90 minutes will do us no favours, and them no harm.

They would love for us to dig ourselves a bigger hole. I'm hoping we can show a bit of class and approach this another way.

Or give them all equal measures of hell.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #65: Jan 10, 2012 10:24:29 am
      I care about Liverpool FC. Shouting abuse at a Evra for 90 minutes will do us no favours, and them no harm.

They would love for us to dig ourselves a bigger hole. I'm hoping we can show a bit of class and approach this another way.

Or give them all equal measures of hell.

I agree, totally ignore the f**ker or cheer him just to confuse him. Or chant to him in spanish to see if he understands that. As for peace talks I wouldn't lower myself to talk to those self righteous bas**rds.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #66: Jan 10, 2012 10:53:18 am
      As much as we want to remain and act sensibly on the whole thing, I'm afraid after reading 3-pages of this thread I'm sure it resembles a fair representation of the feelings of 45,000 Liverpool fans inside Anfield. I'm afraid 45,000 fans will not only boo but pile on top of the scums plus that disgusting chewing f**k face and it will require a excavator  to get those bodies out, that's as much hatred that I can read in this forum plus the impressons that I get elsewhere.

The FA has simply pushed the fans and club to the threshold level that we need to now fight back and it could be in a very ugly manner (not that I hope to see that happening). The FA is to be blamed, they're to be blamed, they're to be blamed  for the whole fiasco, they need to be fully responsible for whatever that is going to happen and the FA cup draw is a start of the many bad karma for the scums and FA to come.

As someone said earlier, Olive branch was offered and was rejected, all diplomacy stops here and forever and they may need to wear some kind of a medieval gear to protect themselves at Anfield. This whole episode has severely severely tarnished the reputation of the FA in the world of football and has now fast becoming a big joke. Don't be surprised at the rate things are going, the FA can be c****ted to the core that they may now be working on switching the venue of the game to a neutral ground for safety reasons, to safe their a**e.

The FA would have smelled trouble by now, if there's a bloodshed in the game ( I hope not) there'll be an open enquiry and the court of law kicks in and will need to determine what sparked off the whole incident and those responsible will be charged in the court of law, of course that will mean justice for Suarez. I'm sure eventually justice willl be served. With the FA anything that points to unfairness, bias and whatever you want to name that serves the scums best can happen. Oh, that reminds me aboutthe City game, you don't get to see more bizarre and bias decisions than that?
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012 11:14:56 am by redkop63 »
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #67: Jan 10, 2012 11:59:02 am
      If there's trouble at the game, then whoever went looking for trouble is wholly responsible for it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #68: Jan 10, 2012 12:16:12 pm
      F**k nose is wholly responsible for the situation that prevails and after initially refusing to mediate out of hand, has now apparently had a change of mind - I deliberately avoid the phrase "change of heart" because it implies sincerity.
      Implication also dictates that this about turn is yet another ploy in his man(i)c  LFC campaign and can only mean the man is totally disingenous
      and devoid of principle. 
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #69: Jan 10, 2012 12:50:46 pm
      People can't absolve themselves of responsibility for their own actions because F**k nose doesn't like us.

Quick Reply