Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Neil Warnock leaves his job as manager as QPR......(Sacked)

Read 3000 times
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Neil Warnock leaves his job as manager as QPR......(Sacked)
      Jan 08, 2012 07:08:04 pm
      Neil Warnock leaves his job as manager as QPR
      Neil Warnock has parted company with Queens Park Rangers, after less than two years in charge.

Rangers currently sit 17th in the Premier League table with only 17 points from their first 20 matches.

A statement on the club website said: "The Board's commitment to retaining our Premier League status ultimately led to this decision."

Assistant manager Mick Jones and first team coach Keith Curle have also left the club.

They have lost six and drawn two of their last eight and won only four league games all season.

Only a last-minute equaliser from Heidar Helguson prevented Rangers crashing out of the FA Cup at the hands of League One MK Dons. www.bbc.co.uk/sport
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012 11:14:13 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Neil Warnock leaves his job as manager as QPR
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2012 07:10:49 pm
      Good. But another few million quid as compensation for being sh*t at your job is not fair.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2012 07:16:10 pm
      Neil Warnock's statement: "I'm obviously disappointed to be leaving a big club and one I enjoyed my time at. I think if only Rafa had played a full strength team at Fulham and if Tevez hadn't played so well then I'd still be in a job."

Delusional tit.
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2012 07:21:03 pm
      Was more of a case of when rather then if
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2012 07:34:40 pm
      Was more of a case of when rather then if

Yep. I never seen him staying in that job too long.  Never a top level manager.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2012 07:57:22 pm
      Hope Rafa gets it to be honest, think he'd do really well there and it would be a good stepping Stone to putting himself back on the Managers map.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Neil Warnock Sacked!!! C*nt!
      Reply #6: Jan 08, 2012 08:56:39 pm
      Would love to see Rafa there.
      We could loan him some players and he can rebuild his reputation.
      Hughes favourite though.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #7: Jan 08, 2012 10:42:47 pm
      Personally i'm a bit gutted to hear Warnock has lost his job. I kinda like him and think the league is a uch more intersting place with him in it, much like it was with Holloway last season. I remember sittting in the Kop back in 03 (or 04) when we played Sheffield United in a League Cup semi at Anfield and he took loads of grief from all 4 ends of the ground but he's a decent pantomine villain and he took it pretty well and even gave the Kop a wave or two during the game. That QPR squad is hardly littered with stars and big money players so I don't think he was necessarily doing such a bad job tbh.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2012 07:02:33 pm
      Personally i'm a bit gutted to hear Warnock has lost his job. I kinda like him and think the league is a uch more intersting place with him in it, much like it was with Holloway last season. I remember sittting in the Kop back in 03 (or 04) when we played Sheffield United in a League Cup semi at Anfield and he took loads of grief from all 4 ends of the ground but he's a decent pantomine villain and he took it pretty well and even gave the Kop a wave or two during the game. That QPR squad is hardly littered with stars and big money players so I don't think he was necessarily doing such a bad job tbh.

Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2012 09:59:17 pm

Haha! Seems i'm in the minority here! :-)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2012 10:06:48 pm
      Trust me Scottbot, he's a turd.
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2012 03:15:11 pm
      Just seen on BBC Sport page that Mark Hughes has been appointed as QPR Manager on a two and a half year deal
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2012 03:24:38 pm

And accused Henchoz of spitting towards him, even though Stephane was just spitting on the ground.

There is a reason why he is known as Colin w**ker and was given so much sh*t, one F***ing arsehole!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2012 10:03:05 pm
      I don't dislike him as he has been on the end of a few stinking FA decisions over the years.

But his constant moaning about the game when we lost against Fulham (and Sheff Utd went down) was pitiful - someone should have told him the other 37 games count too.  And he recently brought it up again too - very, very silly.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Re: Neil Warnock leaves his job as manager as QPR......(Sacked)
      Reply #14: Jan 11, 2012 07:56:29 am
      I tell ya what us LFC fans are like elephants when it comes to things other managers have said in the past! Warnock has always shot his mouth off and says a few controversial things but i've never really taken him that seriously.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #15: Jan 11, 2012 11:05:07 am
      How come some dismissals of managers are reported as them 'leaving the club' and others as 'being sacked'? I've never really understood it. Not got much time for Warnock myself but Hughes I do, always thought he seemed a good sort.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Jan 11, 2012 11:15:39 am
      Only question with Hughes is how long will he stick around for?
      Seems to be in and out of clubs quite regularly.
      Does well at small club, jumps to big medium club, does well at medium club, jumps to City, gets fu**ed by City.
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #17: Jan 11, 2012 05:44:13 pm
      Only question with Hughes is how long will he stick around for?
      Seems to be in and out of clubs quite regularly.
      Does well at small club, jumps to big medium club, does well at medium club, jumps to City, gets fu**ed by City.

So has he now gone back to a small club or jumped straight in at the medium level?  :D

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Jan 12, 2012 12:17:14 am
      Good. Bitter old fat man. Shame he'll still get paid for it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #19: Jan 19, 2012 07:12:52 pm
      Totally Delusional.

Neil Warnock says his reputation was 'slowly poisoned' at QPR
      Neil Warnock says he lost his Queens Park Rangers job as his reputation was 'slowly poisoned' by critics from within and outside the club.

He claimed a "lack of football experience" in the hierarchy left QPR open to "manipulative" people.

The 63-year-old said he was unhappy fans and players were able to talk to owner Tony Fernandes through Twitter.

Warnock told BBC Sport his achievements at the club were "almost a miracle" given what "I've had to contend with".

"Even the owner Tony...I know the influence he'll have had from certain people over the past few weeks," Warnock said.

"It would have been difficult to resist because people get on the phone and tweet and it's almost like slowly poisoning somebody from outside the club and no doubt from within the club as well.

"It's a dangerous precedent. If you let players talk to the chairman but, you know, you can't stop tweeting."

QPR sacked Warnock 11 days ago and Warnock has spoken about his dismissal at length for the first time, saying:

he was disappointed Fernandes did not sack him face-to-face with chief executive Philip Beard delivering the news;
      he was surprised at the decision but has no bitterness towards QPR;
      his successor Mark Hughes is a "good manager", but Warnock "wished he had his agent";
      football had become 'immoral' because of players' wages and the manager's role was not as enjoyable anymore;
      he did not want to discuss about midfielder Joey Barton as "he just wants to talk about positive things at the club".
      MORE TO FOLLOW
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16634917.stm

More to follow, I'm sure there is.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #20: Jan 19, 2012 08:50:28 pm
      Clueless tw*t
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #21: Jan 19, 2012 10:08:52 pm

Quick Reply