Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

My football tour

Read 8665 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      My football tour
      Jan 10, 2012 02:08:38 pm
      (Sorry if it's not appropriate to create a new thread for that, but I did it to call more attention to the topic as I'd really appreciate some help.)

I think I've already mentioned that I was thinking of going back to England this year, during my vacations. Now I'm seriously considering the idea, although not yet certain. There are some flights in promotional prices and I really need a rest from my reality. Nothing better than going to scouse land.

This time, though, I want to stay for longer and visit other places in England as well. I spoke to a lot of friends but none of them can travel with me in this period, for various reasons. I'm probably going alone then, and that's why I'm planning to do something I would probably only be able to do by myself, as none of my friends (besides Ingo, perhaps) would want to do - go to as many football matches in as many leagues as possible. That is, a football tour.

I'll most likely travel in March. Still have to confirm the dates but I'm thinking from March 1st to 25th. Right now, I'm trying to sort out the logistics of my planned trip, so I can watch games in the EPL, CH, L1 and L2 - maybe also non-league (I thought of Barrow as they have 2 supporters here ;D problem about them is that they only play one game at home in March)

Liverpool (EPL) and Accrington Stanley (L2) are the only clubs I really want to go. The others will depend on schedule.

These are the games I thought of watching, in my first planning:

- 03/03: Liverpool vs Arsenal (EPL)
      - 06/03: Tranmere Rovers vs Notts County (L1)
      - 10/03: (some game in London)
      - 17/03: Blackpool vs Brighton (CH)
      - 20/03: Accrington Stanley vs Morecambe (L2)
      - 24/03: Liverpool vs Wigan (EPL)

From 03/03 to 09/03, I'd be staying in Liverpool. Then I think of going over to London to visit the city, as I didn't do it the last time I was in England. I'd have to return to my footballing Mecca later to watch the Reds again :P

Now, I want to ask... how stupid is my idea? Would I spend too much money to move from city to city inside England? Any ideas of a better schedule?

And more importantly: is it even slightly realistic to think of getting a ticket for Liverpool matches? And also, on 17/03, the day of the Blackpool game, Liverpool play QPR in London. I wonder how impossible it would be to get a ticket for that away match... ?

Any help is appreciated. If you think it's a stupid, silly idea, don't hold your opinions to yourself :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: My football tour
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2012 05:32:08 pm
      The logistics are sound as you can always book a cheap coach to here and there. It's just the match ticket for the away LFC game that I personally reckon you'll struggle with bud.

Not impossible though!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #2: Jan 10, 2012 07:41:12 pm
      I could have a word with a few mates of mine who I see at the home games they go to every game and may be able to sort you out with away tickets,as for myself i'm off to the Goa in March so i'll hope to meet up with you before I go and maybe sort some tickets out for you.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2012 07:52:24 pm
      The logistics are sound as you can always book a cheap coach to here and there. It's just the match ticket for the away LFC game that I personally reckon you'll struggle with bud.

Not impossible though!

Thanks mate. Is there any website where I can see times and prices for coach travels?

I could have a word with a few mates of mine who I see at the home games they go to every game and may be able to sort you out with away tickets,as for myself i'm off to the Goa in March so i'll hope to meet up with you before I go and maybe sort some tickets out for you.

Thanks Allan, I'd really appreciate if you could help me out with the away ticket. If not possible, my biggest priorities are the two home games... do you think it's possible to get tickets for these 2 games (Arsenal and Wigan)? From what I seen on the website, they seem to be either sold out, or have only the expensive packages left.

Oh and sorry for the ignorance, but what/where is Goa?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2012 09:03:08 pm
      Dont they have companies that do special Football tours? They arrange rooms, tix, flights etc..?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Jan 11, 2012 12:54:48 am
      Probably, but not to all the games I want to watch (I mean.. Accrington Stanley :D) Also, I'm not going just for football, I plan to visit London, Liverpool, Blackpool... :)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #6: Jan 11, 2012 06:05:59 am
      Do my best for ya mate and Goa is in India.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Jan 11, 2012 07:11:08 pm
      Thanks a lot mate

India? Nice, have a nice trip yourself too
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Jan 19, 2012 02:38:14 pm
      Change of plans... I've just been informed I won't have 3 weeks as I was hoping for, more likely just 2 weeks. That's why I'm thinking of going in late February, so I can stay a little bit more than 2 weeks cause there's carnival here which is a 3-day holiday.

If I do go in this period, I'd be in England in February 26th, day of the Carling Cup final. Considering Liverpool will get to the final, how unlikely is it for me to get a ticket?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2012 03:34:49 pm
      I'm only waiting for Wednesday's result so I can confirm if I'll be in England during the Carling Cup final... again, I ask, would it be possible for me to get a ticket? I have no idea of how it works for a cup final.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jan 23, 2012 08:01:03 pm
      [Flood alert]

Pleeeeease  :-\
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #11: Jan 23, 2012 10:18:04 pm
      Thanks mate. Is there any website where I can see times and prices for coach travels?

If you book handy enough you can get some good deals on the train.  £20 to London - takes about 2 hours.  If you get a bus down there it will probably take about 3 times as long.

I'm not going to discuss a cup final ticket with you because to do so would be a massive jinx.  Let's see what happens Wednesday.

You'll have to sample the unique details of an AFC Liverpool game - and it would be handy if you could get to a reds away game.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #12: Jan 23, 2012 10:27:20 pm
      If you book handy enough you can get some good deals on the train.  £20 to London - takes about 2 hours.  If you get a bus down there it will probably take about 3 times as long.

When I went to Liverpool, I remember the train was a little bit less than £20... my only worry is that if I travel from city to city to see other games, it probably would end up being a bit too expensive if I only use the train.

I'm not going to discuss a cup final ticket with you because to do so would be a massive jinx.  Let's see what happens Wednesday.

Haha right! I just wanted to have an idea if it's possible to get a ticket (without paying ridiculous price from a re-seller), but let's see what happens on Wednesday!

You'll have to sample the unique details of an AFC Liverpool game - and it would be handy if you could get to a reds away game.

It's a very good idea actually! Where exactly is their ground?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Jan 25, 2012 10:27:50 pm
      WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

I'll tak to my boss first thing in the morning tomorrow. Then if possible I'll already book my flights

All I need is a Carling Cup final ticket!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14: Jan 26, 2012 02:44:02 pm
      Still have to talk to my boss but I think there won't be any problems about it (hope so)

My re-planned tour looks even better, although harder to get tickets as well (I'll try not to worry about this "detail" at the moment :()

I'd arrive in London on 11 February, the day of Spurs x Newcastle. No idea if there would be enough time to go to the match, but I'll include it in the list anyway. So that's how it looks:

11/02 (Saturday) – Tottenham x Newcastle – 17h30
      12/02 (Sunday) – Wolves x WBA – 13h30
                           OR   Aston Villa x Man City – 16h00
      14/02 (Tuesday) – Crewe x Burton – 19h45
      18/02 (Saturday) – Accrington Stanley x Plymouth – 15h00
      25/02 (Saturday) – Wigan x Aston Villa – 15h00
                            OR    some game in London (ex: QPR x Fulham – 15h00)
      26/02 (Sunday) – Liverpool x Cardiff – Carling Cup Final
      03/03 (Saturday) – Liverpool x Arsenal – 15h00
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,547 posts | 3475 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15: Jan 26, 2012 02:47:43 pm
      Still have to talk to my boss but I think there won't be any problems about it (hope so)

My re-planned tour looks even better, although harder to get tickets as well (I'll try not to worry about this "detail" at the moment :()

I'd arrive in London on 11 February, the day of Spurs x Newcastle. No idea if there would be enough time to go to the match, but I'll include it in the list anyway. So that's how it looks:

Liverpool vs Arsenal now kicks off at 12.45 on 3 March
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Jan 26, 2012 05:52:01 pm

Very, very jealous of you, Diego. If you can't get to Wembley, I can imagine being in Liverpool during that time would be absolutely epic.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17: Jan 26, 2012 06:05:57 pm
      If you can't get to Wembley, I can imagine being in Liverpool during that time would be absolutely epic.

I know mate, but the thought of being so close to it and not watching the game in the stadium is a painful one, it would be extremely frustrating
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #18: Feb 08, 2012 07:17:26 pm
      So here's how my updated plans look like (games in bold)... any ideas, suggestions or advice would be nice.

Feb 20 - Arrive in London
      Feb 21 - Travel to Crewe
      Feb 21 - Crewe Alexandra vs Accrington Stanley
      Feb 22 - Travel to Accrington
      Feb 22 to 24 - Stay in Accrington (I know, I'm weird)
      Feb 24 - Travel to London
      Feb 24 to Mar 01 - Stay in London
      Feb 25 - West Ham vs Crystal Palace
      Feb 26 - Liverpool vs Cardiff (haven't given up yet)
      Feb 29 - England vs Holland
      Mar 01 - Travel to Blackpool
      Mar 01 to Mar 03 - Stay in Blackpool
      Mar 02 - Blackpool vs Hull City
      Mar 03 - Travel to Liverpool
      Mar 03 to Mar 10 - Stay in Liverpool
      Mar 03 - Liverpool vs Arsenal
      Mar 06 - Tranmere vs Notts County
      Mar 09 - St Helens vs Hull FC (rugby league ;D)
      Mar 10 - Travel to Sunderland
      Mar 10 - Sunderland vs Liverpool (no idea if I can get a ticket for that game)
      Mar 10 - Travel to London (sleep in the airport - seriously)
      Mar 11 - Get back to Brazil
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #19: Feb 08, 2012 11:10:51 pm
      Mucho Suerte mi Amigo. :welcome: :gt-happyup:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Feb 08, 2012 11:26:44 pm
      Wow Diego, that's one packed programme of footy events  :o

Good luck with all your arrangements hun.  :gt-happyup:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Feb 09, 2012 04:33:05 am
      Thank you!

And now it's official, just booked my flights and bought tickets for England vs Holland. Now I need to sort all the other details ;D

(PS: I'm still looking for that Carling Cup Final ticket, haven't completely lost faith!)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #22: Feb 09, 2012 10:17:00 am
      Personally I'd scrap the West Ham game, see if you can travel down to Swindon with Accrington fans for their game on the 25th February, London is easily accessible from Swindon.  Plus Swindon are managed by Paolo Di Canio and have been playing some good football this season.

Quick Reply