Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

My football tour

Read 8663 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: My football tour
      Reply #23: Feb 09, 2012 12:35:30 pm
      Feb 21 - Crewe Alexandra vs Accrington Stanley

Hmmm... just wondering if I might be able to join you at this match. It's not that far from Stoke.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Feb 09, 2012 01:14:42 pm
      Hmmm... just wondering if I might be able to join you at this match. It's not that far from Stoke.

It would be great! I tried to include a Stoke game in my plans so I could visit you there, but the only home Stoke games during this period are Stoke vs Swansea on Feb 26 (day of the Carling Cup Final) and Stoke vs Norwich on Mar 03 (day of Liverpool vs Arsenal)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #25: Feb 09, 2012 01:32:19 pm
      Yeah I had a look at their fixtures as well. Shame you can't go and experience just how cold the Britannia really is, haha.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #26: Feb 09, 2012 01:36:26 pm
      Yeah I had a look at their fixtures as well. Shame you can't go and experience just how cold the Britannia really is, haha.

Of course there is still the fact that even from Wembley and Anfield on those game days you will still be able to see alot of the ball from the Britannia with the way Stoke play, just look upwards....

:roll:  :f_tongueincheek:
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #27: Feb 09, 2012 09:28:48 pm
      Diego I just wanna wish you a safe trip, a great time, enjoy everything you can and won't even mention the fact how freackin jealous I am. Enjoy it mate.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #28: Feb 10, 2012 08:19:10 am
      Mar 01 - Travel to Blackpool
      Mar 01 to Mar 03 - Stay in Blackpool

I'll say it before anybody else does, Blackpool is an utter utter shithole. Just don't want you going there with this idea that it's our version of Vegas as some would have you believe. The seaside area and surrounding streets are run down, decrepit and filled with stag dos from Moss Side and as for the B&Bs, pay the extra and go for a proper hotel!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Feb 10, 2012 02:09:07 pm
      :lmao: Is it that bad? I always heard it's a nice city. I got a ticket for the game though, and I have a soft spot for the club because I idolize Sir Stanley Matthews
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #30: Feb 10, 2012 03:04:29 pm

Yes.

My parents took us years ago for a holiday and I thought it was great as a kid but me and my missus stopped off there on our way down from The Lake District on our way to Liverpool a few years back and I discovered it not exactly how I remembered.

Rep's description sounds about right to me.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31: Feb 10, 2012 03:11:53 pm
      I'll shorten my stay there for just 1 day then!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #32: Feb 10, 2012 04:57:23 pm
      Diego

Ok I was successful today in the ballot for a cup final ticket,  don't worry I'm not just rubbing it in  ;)

I genuinely believe that Liverpool Football Club is unique and don't just think that the Liverpool family is a statement to just throw out there.
      I have been lucky enough to go to cup finals before, and I feel that I will have more chances to follow the club to others in the future, however this could be your only chance to see us in one.

If you want and there is a way to sort it out and within your budget I'm happy for you to have my ticket...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #33: Feb 10, 2012 05:03:42 pm
      Diego

Ok I was successful today in the ballot for a cup final ticket,  don't worry I'm not just rubbing it in  ;)

I genuinely believe that Liverpool Football Club is unique and don't just think that the Liverpool family is a statement to just throw out there.
      I have been lucky enough to go to cup finals before, and I feel that I will have more chances to follow the club to others in the future, however this could be your only chance to see us in one.

If you want and there is a way to sort it out and within your budget I'm happy for you to have my ticket...

Fantastic offer there mate!

I would also like to go to the Cup Final :f_tongueincheek:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #34: Feb 10, 2012 05:05:20 pm
      Fantastic offer there mate!

I would also like to go to the Cup Final :f_tongueincheek:

;D

Haha, Si if he can't do it or it can't be done I'll be there myself lad...

One off chance for him as far as I can tell. Not for us...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #35: Feb 10, 2012 05:08:01 pm
      ;D

Haha, Si if he can't do it or it can't be done I'll be there myself lad...

One off chance for him as far as I can tell. Not for us...

It's also a plane journey for me as well, albeit a much shorter one so I want in :D

Just kidding and when Diego reads this he will explode with excitement!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36: Feb 10, 2012 05:17:54 pm
      I think 'explode' is precisely the right word!!!!!!!!

Diego

Just sent you a PM mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #37: Feb 10, 2012 05:19:08 pm
      I think 'explode' is precisely the right word!!!!!!!!

I'll bet you looked like this for a few minutes though

MsGerrard
      Reply #38: Feb 10, 2012 05:58:29 pm
      That is a most generous offer to make Paisleydalglish, I know how much Diego will appreciate what you've done for him  :gt-happyup:
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #39: Feb 10, 2012 06:18:22 pm
      Stunning stuff Paisleydalglish. Top man.

Diego will definitely appreciate it.

And I'll definitely be jealous. Diego lad. :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40: Feb 10, 2012 07:14:52 pm
      I've already talked to him via PM so he knows how pleased I am to know there's someone even considering helping me out that way. I really hope someday I'll be able to pay back such a favor. It means so much to me. YNWA
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #41: Feb 10, 2012 08:13:49 pm
      Amazing offer, nice one PD! Now you'll have to decide what to spend Diego's £1200 on.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #42: Feb 10, 2012 08:18:22 pm
      Amazing offer, nice one PD! Now you'll have to decide what to spend Diego's £1200 on.

;D

As I've told Diego, all I want is face value...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #43: Feb 14, 2012 02:59:03 am
      Diego

2012's man of the year right there.

I've already talked to him via PM so he knows how pleased I am to know there's someone even considering helping me out that way. I really hope someday I'll be able to pay back such a favor. It means so much to me. YNWA

I'd think all PD would want, apart from face value, is for you to enjoy yourself.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #44: Feb 14, 2012 05:06:43 am
      PD you are a true gent.

Respect mate!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #45: Feb 14, 2012 02:04:58 pm
      I'd think all PD would want, apart from face value, is for you to enjoy yourself.

I will!!! ;D

By the way, anyone fancy going to Tranmere Rovers or St Helens (rugby) game? I accidentally bought 2 tickets for the St Helens game, I emailed them to get a refund but if anyone want to go with me then it's even better. It's really close to Liverpool city isn't it.

Quick Reply