Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Andy Carroll (Newcastle)

Read 5879 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Andy Carroll (Newcastle)
      Jan 10, 2012 10:50:50 pm
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012 03:16:40 pm by Reslivo »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Andy Carroll - Newcastle
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2012 10:52:49 pm
      Cant see it happening meself
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2873 
      Reply #2: Jan 10, 2012 10:57:49 pm
      Can't see it happening in January.

Maybe in the summer where we can line up a world class forward (or maybe even two, don't think two strikers are good enough for a title challenge)
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2012 11:00:19 pm
      I'd take Demba Ba for 15 million and Carroll.

Am i knee jerking ? I don't even know
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2012 11:07:06 pm
      I can see Kenny giving Andy until the end of the January window to make an impression in Suarez's absence, if not he might take the option to sell Carroll if it means he has a goal scorer lined up that he believes that can do a better job.

Just a gut feeling.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2012 11:19:14 pm
      I can see Kenny giving Andy until the end of the January window to make an impression in Suarez's absence, if not he might take the option to sell Carroll if it means he has a goal scorer lined up that he believes that can do a better job.

Just a gut feeling.
      My gut feeling is that Kenny actually really quite likes Carroll. We will see in the next few weeks how Carroll does but over the last few games he seem's to have improved. He is especially a danger when Stevie is on the pitch, he knows the way Carroll likes the ball crossed.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2012 11:23:53 pm
      People need to realise that those crosses of Stevie G would of picked anyone out, you can't attribute credit to Carroll for missing those chances that were put on a plate for him. I'll give him credit when he earns it and so far he hasn't. I also get the impression that Kenny has more faith than I do in AC and is unlikely to sell him this window but if he doesn't perform before the end of the season then there's a good chance he'll be seeing the exit door. Seriously think he's pining for home though and isn't settled, still it shouldn't affect his game this much.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,251 posts | 1227 
      Reply #7: Jan 10, 2012 11:26:43 pm
      It would surprise me if the club were to go from vigorously defending the purchase to selling him in such a short space of time. Like most people I suspect Kenny will have had his doubts by now or else Carroll would have started more games, though I don't think he'll have lost all faith just yet. Carroll's suffered with injuries and bad luck, and he's still only 23 so I imagine we will persist with him until the summer at least. By then we should have a much better idea of where he's headed.

What's more, I doubt the club would let him go before signing a capable replacement and that mightn't be easy in January. Ba may be a viable option though if the reports about a release fee in his contract are true. Even then, Carroll would still have to agree and you have to wonder whether the wages would be a problem.  I suspect few clubs would be able to match £80k p/w.

So, no, I reckon he'll stay until at least the summer in which time we should find out more about him, but we still need another top striker all the same.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2012 11:27:14 pm
      People need to realise that those crosses of Stevie G would of picked anyone out, you can't attribute credit to Carroll for missing those chances that were put on a plate for him. I'll give him credit when he earns it and so far he hasn't. I also get the impression that Kenny has more faith than I do in AC and is unlikely to sell him this window but if he doesn't perform before the end of the season then there's a good chance he'll be seeing the exit door. Seriously think he's pining for home though and isn't settled, still it shouldn't affect his game this much.
      I agree that Carroll should have scored them, but then when he gets a bit of confidence I believe he will start putting them away, he did at Newcastle. And when he does start putting them away, I'd much rather see Carroll on the end of them crosses than Bellamy. We need to play Bellamy and Suarez behind Carroll imo.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2012 11:28:43 pm
      Carroll would still have to agree and you have to wonder whether the wages would be a problem.  I suspect few clubs would be able to match £80k p/w.
      Isn't Carroll on a much smaller wage, I thought he was on something like £30,000 a week?
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #10: Jan 10, 2012 11:30:25 pm
      Heard £60,000 a week meself, get his agent on the phone
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2012 11:32:08 pm
      Media bullshit!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2012 11:37:35 pm
      Liverpool have dismissed reports linking Andy Carroll with a move back to Newcastle as 'complete nonsense'.

Carroll moved to Merseyside from Tyneside for £35 million a year ago, but has found the net on only six occasions for the Reds.

According to the Daily Express, there had been suggestions that Liverpool had offered Carroll to his former employers for £20 million, but these reports have now been rejected.

"It is complete nonsense," a spokesman for the Anfield club told the Daily Express. "There is nothing in it."

Liverpool, meanwhile, are alleged to be in the market for goalscoring reinforcements this month as Kenny Dalglish looks soften the blow struck by Luis Suarez's ban.

Inter Milan teenager Luc Castaignos has emerged as the latest target for the Reds, and a loan move fro the San Siro to Anfield has been mooted.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2012 11:43:29 pm
      Keep him we are not City or Chelsea he have faith in our players one day him and Suarez will be a deadly combo. They will both be scary Suarez because of his skill, tricks and Carroll because of Carroll himself.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 10, 2012 11:58:29 pm
      A complete nonsense,I agree with that.LFC will not sell Andy in January or next summer,dont see any logic in the idea.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: Jan 11, 2012 12:23:38 am
      More newspaper lies...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #16: Jan 11, 2012 01:55:06 am
      Said it before many times...he will come good when we start to provide him with proper service and he stops feeling such incredible pressure upon himself.
      He is a player that if selected you have to accommodate.
      You have to play with at least one winger and you have to have a support striker.
      I have no concerns with andy. He will be a monster for us once all is settled.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Jan 11, 2012 07:40:18 am
      I don't see him leaving this window, the next or the one after that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #18: Jan 11, 2012 08:05:12 am
      The Times go with the story that the Magpies would be willing to pay in the region of £15m for Carroll, but the Tyneside club believe LFC's value could be £25m.

Really think they should have a word with Mr Dalglish before they print such sh*t.
      So that's Luis Suarez as good as gone and Andy Carroll to follow, approx. £80m realistically of talent for a press price of... let's call it £40m for a quick sale.
      Do the F***ing idiots believe anyone takes any notice of the bilge they churn out?
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012 08:24:33 am by stuey »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #19: Jan 11, 2012 08:15:00 am
      For 25m, If Kenny feels someone can do a better job, I'd sell him.

I'm sure 'Arry would be interested as he is a "T'riffic Player"
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #20: Jan 11, 2012 08:22:40 am
      There's no way that Kenny would have paid £35m for a player if he had the slightest doubt he'd be a success.

The only chance of this happening is if theres any truth that Carroll is homesick.

We wont sell for footballing reasons, as Kenny said time and time again at the start, we bought him for 5 years, not matches, weeks or months.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012 08:40:46 am by kelvo »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #21: Jan 11, 2012 08:38:13 am
      There's no way that Kenny would have paid £35m for a player he had the slightest doubt he'd be a success.

The only chance of this happening is if theres any truth that Carroll is homesick.

We wont sell for footballing reasons, as Kenny said time and time again at the start, we bought him for 5 years, not matches, weeks or months.
      Don't forget mate the mutterings about him being homesick came from the same place that quotes these F***ing stupid rumours.
      Jesus H Christ he's only from Geordieland while some of the squad put their home address as being the other side of the globe.
      Don't believe all you read in the papers, better still don't read the papers at all - personally I scan various sources and take a general picture from the more credible ones, which doesn't include the major publications.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #22: Jan 11, 2012 08:49:14 am
      £10 m And Demba Ba ...................DEALL LLLLLLLL!

Quick Reply