Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Andy Carroll (Newcastle)

Read 5835 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Andy Carroll (Newcastle)
      Jan 10, 2012 10:50:50 pm
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012 03:16:40 pm by Reslivo »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Andy Carroll - Newcastle
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2012 10:52:49 pm
      Cant see it happening meself
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #2: Jan 10, 2012 10:57:49 pm
      Can't see it happening in January.

Maybe in the summer where we can line up a world class forward (or maybe even two, don't think two strikers are good enough for a title challenge)
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2012 11:00:19 pm
      I'd take Demba Ba for 15 million and Carroll.

Am i knee jerking ? I don't even know
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2012 11:07:06 pm
      I can see Kenny giving Andy until the end of the January window to make an impression in Suarez's absence, if not he might take the option to sell Carroll if it means he has a goal scorer lined up that he believes that can do a better job.

Just a gut feeling.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2012 11:19:14 pm
      I can see Kenny giving Andy until the end of the January window to make an impression in Suarez's absence, if not he might take the option to sell Carroll if it means he has a goal scorer lined up that he believes that can do a better job.

Just a gut feeling.
      My gut feeling is that Kenny actually really quite likes Carroll. We will see in the next few weeks how Carroll does but over the last few games he seem's to have improved. He is especially a danger when Stevie is on the pitch, he knows the way Carroll likes the ball crossed.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2012 11:23:53 pm
      People need to realise that those crosses of Stevie G would of picked anyone out, you can't attribute credit to Carroll for missing those chances that were put on a plate for him. I'll give him credit when he earns it and so far he hasn't. I also get the impression that Kenny has more faith than I do in AC and is unlikely to sell him this window but if he doesn't perform before the end of the season then there's a good chance he'll be seeing the exit door. Seriously think he's pining for home though and isn't settled, still it shouldn't affect his game this much.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #7: Jan 10, 2012 11:26:43 pm
      It would surprise me if the club were to go from vigorously defending the purchase to selling him in such a short space of time. Like most people I suspect Kenny will have had his doubts by now or else Carroll would have started more games, though I don't think he'll have lost all faith just yet. Carroll's suffered with injuries and bad luck, and he's still only 23 so I imagine we will persist with him until the summer at least. By then we should have a much better idea of where he's headed.

What's more, I doubt the club would let him go before signing a capable replacement and that mightn't be easy in January. Ba may be a viable option though if the reports about a release fee in his contract are true. Even then, Carroll would still have to agree and you have to wonder whether the wages would be a problem.  I suspect few clubs would be able to match £80k p/w.

So, no, I reckon he'll stay until at least the summer in which time we should find out more about him, but we still need another top striker all the same.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2012 11:27:14 pm
      People need to realise that those crosses of Stevie G would of picked anyone out, you can't attribute credit to Carroll for missing those chances that were put on a plate for him. I'll give him credit when he earns it and so far he hasn't. I also get the impression that Kenny has more faith than I do in AC and is unlikely to sell him this window but if he doesn't perform before the end of the season then there's a good chance he'll be seeing the exit door. Seriously think he's pining for home though and isn't settled, still it shouldn't affect his game this much.
      I agree that Carroll should have scored them, but then when he gets a bit of confidence I believe he will start putting them away, he did at Newcastle. And when he does start putting them away, I'd much rather see Carroll on the end of them crosses than Bellamy. We need to play Bellamy and Suarez behind Carroll imo.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2012 11:28:43 pm
      Carroll would still have to agree and you have to wonder whether the wages would be a problem.  I suspect few clubs would be able to match £80k p/w.
      Isn't Carroll on a much smaller wage, I thought he was on something like £30,000 a week?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #10: Jan 10, 2012 11:30:25 pm
      Heard £60,000 a week meself, get his agent on the phone
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2012 11:32:08 pm
      Media bullshit!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2012 11:37:35 pm
      Liverpool have dismissed reports linking Andy Carroll with a move back to Newcastle as 'complete nonsense'.

Carroll moved to Merseyside from Tyneside for £35 million a year ago, but has found the net on only six occasions for the Reds.

According to the Daily Express, there had been suggestions that Liverpool had offered Carroll to his former employers for £20 million, but these reports have now been rejected.

"It is complete nonsense," a spokesman for the Anfield club told the Daily Express. "There is nothing in it."

Liverpool, meanwhile, are alleged to be in the market for goalscoring reinforcements this month as Kenny Dalglish looks soften the blow struck by Luis Suarez's ban.

Inter Milan teenager Luc Castaignos has emerged as the latest target for the Reds, and a loan move fro the San Siro to Anfield has been mooted.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2012 11:43:29 pm
      Keep him we are not City or Chelsea he have faith in our players one day him and Suarez will be a deadly combo. They will both be scary Suarez because of his skill, tricks and Carroll because of Carroll himself.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 10, 2012 11:58:29 pm
      A complete nonsense,I agree with that.LFC will not sell Andy in January or next summer,dont see any logic in the idea.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: Jan 11, 2012 12:23:38 am
      More newspaper lies...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #16: Jan 11, 2012 01:55:06 am
      Said it before many times...he will come good when we start to provide him with proper service and he stops feeling such incredible pressure upon himself.
      He is a player that if selected you have to accommodate.
      You have to play with at least one winger and you have to have a support striker.
      I have no concerns with andy. He will be a monster for us once all is settled.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Jan 11, 2012 07:40:18 am
      I don't see him leaving this window, the next or the one after that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #18: Jan 11, 2012 08:05:12 am
      The Times go with the story that the Magpies would be willing to pay in the region of £15m for Carroll, but the Tyneside club believe LFC's value could be £25m.

Really think they should have a word with Mr Dalglish before they print such sh*t.
      So that's Luis Suarez as good as gone and Andy Carroll to follow, approx. £80m realistically of talent for a press price of... let's call it £40m for a quick sale.
      Do the F***ing idiots believe anyone takes any notice of the bilge they churn out?
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012 08:24:33 am by stuey »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #19: Jan 11, 2012 08:15:00 am
      For 25m, If Kenny feels someone can do a better job, I'd sell him.

I'm sure 'Arry would be interested as he is a "T'riffic Player"
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #20: Jan 11, 2012 08:22:40 am
      There's no way that Kenny would have paid £35m for a player if he had the slightest doubt he'd be a success.

The only chance of this happening is if theres any truth that Carroll is homesick.

We wont sell for footballing reasons, as Kenny said time and time again at the start, we bought him for 5 years, not matches, weeks or months.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012 08:40:46 am by kelvo »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #21: Jan 11, 2012 08:38:13 am
      There's no way that Kenny would have paid £35m for a player he had the slightest doubt he'd be a success.

The only chance of this happening is if theres any truth that Carroll is homesick.

We wont sell for footballing reasons, as Kenny said time and time again at the start, we bought him for 5 years, not matches, weeks or months.
      Don't forget mate the mutterings about him being homesick came from the same place that quotes these F***ing stupid rumours.
      Jesus H Christ he's only from Geordieland while some of the squad put their home address as being the other side of the globe.
      Don't believe all you read in the papers, better still don't read the papers at all - personally I scan various sources and take a general picture from the more credible ones, which doesn't include the major publications.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #22: Jan 11, 2012 08:49:14 am
      £10 m And Demba Ba ...................DEALL LLLLLLLL!
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #23: Jan 11, 2012 10:28:56 am
      0940 FOOTBALL: Andy Carroll's agent, Mark Curtis, tells BBC Sport there is "no truth" in reports today linking the player with a discounted move from Liverpool back to Newcastle United. Curtis adds "[Andy Carroll] is happy at Liverpool."

BBC.co.uk

Lock it up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #24: Jan 11, 2012 10:38:22 am
      Absolute bollocks for so many reasons.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #25: Jan 11, 2012 10:40:40 am
      Bullshit stories as usual,the only thing andy is missing is the consistency to hit the back of the net.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #26: Jan 11, 2012 10:47:47 am
      £10 m And Demba Ba ...................DEALL LLLLLLLL!

Then one week after that deals done Ba's knee pops and we end up with no striker, no thanks.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Jan 11, 2012 11:08:13 am
      Either he does start performing or he will be out the door.  If Newcastle offered twenty million id snap their hands off
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #28: Jan 11, 2012 11:27:57 am
      Going nowhere any time soon.. Can't believe people are eating this sh*te.. The people who say things like "every players got a price" always use the example of Judas to justify living in fear of our best players leaving whenever the media farts?. I know its possible ANY player can leave but like most sensible people I look at the likelihood.. This looks unlikely given the ACTUAL info we have..
      He's only been here one season out of the 5 we signed him for, he was injured for a large segment of that, Kenny said he's going nowhere and I don't remember seeing a game where he had the correct service and continuously missed either.. *sigh*
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #29: Jan 11, 2012 11:49:20 am
      I am not interested in selling him. Glad the club have that stance. Next!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Jan 11, 2012 12:02:22 pm
      Has had the correct service his movement though is extremely poor. Find it hard to believe people wouldn't take twenty million for him which could be put towards another top class striker better suited to Suarez.  Would make sense and ive no doubt the club would sell for the right fee but that ain't ten million for
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #31: Jan 11, 2012 12:09:36 pm
      Why would'nt we sell him ? Has he shown great promise is he a grafter has he been unlucky is it everybody elses fault hes not scoring ? If he doesnt get going soon the rose tinted glasses will be off !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #32: Jan 11, 2012 12:13:53 pm
      I think that we should give him until at least the summer, before offloading him to another club.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 11, 2012 12:19:15 pm
      Did i just hear on SSN that the price would be £10million? How stupid do they think the public are. They spout so much sh*t.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2012 12:25:15 pm
      Did i just hear on SSN that the price would be £10million? How stupid do they think the public are. They spout so much sh*t.
      If you were buying him on current form would you pay more ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2012 12:27:45 pm
      I think that we should give him until at least the summer, before offloading him to another club.
      Give order lads. How long did it take Lucas to show his mettle? If the panic button crew would have got their way the lad would have been well on his way two seasons ago instead he improved at a steady pace and was F***ing shining before the unfortunate injury.
      Lucas was given the grace of time to better his game and find a niche, let''s do the same with Andy who's only been here 5 miutes.
      The media who are giving it loads about him are not doing so for the well being of LFC, quite the reverse it has to be said - as HR so eloquently put it (as is his way) keep your powder dry lads.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2012 12:28:32 pm
      Turn it in people Carroll is going nowhere!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2012 12:58:08 pm
      Nothing like the Lucas situation. Id give him till the summer and if he hasn't improved 100%by then he should be out the door. I want to bring the best out of Suarez as i said last year that wont be with Carroll beside him
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2012 12:59:59 pm
      Nothing like the Lucas situation. Id give him till the summer and if he hasn't improved 100%by then he should be out the door. I want to bring the best out of Suarez as i said last year that wont be with Carroll beside him

We know, you've said.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2012 01:00:13 pm

Out of interest Corb do you feel the same about Henderson?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jan 11, 2012 01:04:56 pm
      No really like Henderson as ive said in his thread has potential to be top player for us
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #41: Jan 11, 2012 01:07:07 pm
      No really like Henderson as ive said in his thread has potential to be top player for us

Just think its the same with Carroll, both young lads who we paid big money for and were major players at their previous clubs.

Agree that Hendo has shown more so far but both have massive potiential and surely both need time, as Kenny said, Carroll was bought for the next 5 years, not months.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2012 01:07:38 pm

Just trying to put a bit of prospective in the thread. People seem to want to ignore the fact he has being awful for us and is not suited to our style of play or Suarez style of play
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: Jan 11, 2012 01:10:11 pm
      Newcastle and Carroll and his agent have told SSN theres nothing in this.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #44: Jan 11, 2012 01:10:58 pm
      Just trying to put a bit of prospective in the thread. People seem to want to ignore the fact he has being awful for us and is not suited to our style of play or Suarez style of play

Perspective I think you might mean  :D  ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Jan 11, 2012 01:11:06 pm
      Just think its the same with Carroll, both young lads who we paid big money for and were major players at their previous clubs.

Agree that Hendo has shown more so far but both have massive potiential and surely both need time, as Kenny said, Carroll was bought for the next 5 years, not months.

Never saw that potential in Carroll even when he was with Newcastle thought he was a one trick pony with a limited game. Thought he was a massive mistake by club. Personally i think Carroll will be sold in next two years at a substantial loss
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #46: Jan 11, 2012 01:12:29 pm
      Don't think anyone is ignoring the fact he has been poor Corb, actually think the majority would agree he hasn't played well at all and looks nothing like the player we signed. Think the perspective is there, just a few are willing to give the lad abit more time, others arn't, doesn't matter which side of the fence either of us are on. End of the day its Kenny & Commolli who will make that decision, just can't see it happening meself, think he has until Summer to show us something, if not, I personally believe he will be out the door as well.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #47: Jan 11, 2012 01:33:43 pm
      0940 FOOTBALL: Andy Carroll's agent, Mark Curtis, tells BBC Sport there is "no truth" in reports today linking the player with a discounted move from Liverpool back to Newcastle United. Curtis adds "[Andy Carroll] is happy at Liverpool."

BBC.co.uk

Lock it up.

You know a story is bollocks when even the players agent is denying it!
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 11, 2012 02:03:48 pm
      If you were buying him on current form would you pay more ?

Yes i would. Clearly £10million is far too low.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #49: Jan 11, 2012 02:12:34 pm
      Think this should be locked. We already have a thread for Carroll bashing and with his agent denying the move there is little to no chance of him moving, especially considering we have Suarez out for most of this month, - and he's moving to Real Madrid anyway.  :roll:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #50: Jan 11, 2012 03:15:52 pm
      Locked due to two reasons:

- Several dismissive reports - highly unlikely if even the tabloids are dismissing it
      - Thread doesn't even start with a source ???

Quick Reply