Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Liverpool FC could be summoned to MPs inquiry into racism

Read 2312 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Jan 10, 2012 04:14:07 pm
      Just seen this on the net,Getting out off hand all this raciest stuff.

A committee of MPs is to hold an inquiry into racism in sport following the Luis Suarez case and allegations against John Terry.

The culture, media and sport select committee have agreed to look into the issue, with an evidence session scheduled for March 6, and representatives from Liverpool FC could be summoned.

Committee member Damian Collins said: "I think the events of the last two weeks have reignited concerns about racism in the game.

"Although this session will not necessarily be restricted to football it will be the principle area of inquiry following the Suarez case and the concerns that have arisen from that."

Collins said the committee had only decided on Tuesday to hold the session and the witnesses and terms of reference will be decided closer to the date of the inquiry.

Liverpool FC striker Suarez’s eight-match ban for racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra and a police charge against England captain Terry, who denies any wrongdoing, for allegedly racially abusing QPR’s Anton Ferdinand have thrust the issue back into the spotlight.

Liverpool have also apologised to Tom Adeyemi, the Oldham defender who was allegedly racially abused at Anfield on Friday night. A 20-year-old fan is on police bail.

Liverpool Walton MP Steve Rotheram has been pushing for the committee to hold an inquiry.

Rotheram said: "I continue to support the ’Show Racism the Red Card’ initiative and believe, given the nature of recent events, that it would be appropriate for this issue to be looked at by parliamentarians from all parties and from different football/sporting and non-sporting allegiances.

"Sport should be rightly proud that in many ways it has led the field in tackling social issues such as racism, homophobia and sectarianism and it will be interesting to see what conclusions the select committee draw from the evidence session."

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/football-news/2012/01/10/liverpool-fc-could-be-summoned-to-mps-inquiry-into-racism-55578-30095486/
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012 05:23:23 pm by Bpatel »
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Re: Liverpool FC could be summoned to MPs inquiry into racism
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2012 05:11:36 pm
      Heard this on the news and hoped we'd be called to give evidence.
      We may yet get our day in ' court ' and I hope we show who the real racists are , the FA , who let's face it have managed to upset the whole continent of South America by not accepting cultural differences.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Jan 10, 2012 05:17:04 pm
      They Key to that is you see who has pushed for it.

Steve Rotherham.

I think we'll be called and I think it will go a long way to clearing Suarez's name, can't help but feel this has been engineered by the club.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2012 05:20:45 pm

Steve Rotherham.

I think we'll be called and I think it will go a long way to clearing Suarez's name, can't help but feel this has been engineered by the club.

I noticed Rotherham's name as well. He really pushed for Hillsborough, so hopefully this inquiry will question the FA's process, decisions, etc.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2012 05:24:53 pm

Steve Rotherham.

It's a positive thing for me as it would give the club a better chance of putting to bed some of the question of their responce to the Evra saga.

Also, it could call the FA into question. Whether they refuse to take part is their choice.

Steve Rotherham is a decent man and he is exactly the type of politician that I would want representing me.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,731 posts | 7166 
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2012 05:34:19 pm
      We have already witnessed what aload of arseholes can do if left alone in a dark room we don't need any lessons form MP's on Racism thanks.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2012 05:49:58 pm
      Have managed to upset the whole continent of South America by not accepting cultural differences.

Racist? or at least discriminatory 
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #7: Jan 10, 2012 06:32:46 pm
      Despite the FA saying that they did not believe Luis was racist they have done NOTHING to counter all those who have called him a racist !
      I ask myself ' why'.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2012 08:38:08 pm

Which Politician  would you like to say "Your Sister's C**t" to ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2012 08:40:36 pm

Diane Abbott  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Jan 10, 2012 08:54:16 pm
      Can't see the point of MP's getting involved,except inflate their ego's,
      a mp's sole purpose in life is to completely F**k yours up, and their doing a f***in grand job of it, please tell me exactly what they will achieve when it's all done and dusted?, i'll tell ya, a big fat F**k all that's what,cos they are only doing this so as they will look as if they are doing something, they are parasites every f***in one of them,

Parliament is just a larger scale version of soho square, full of currupt, bullshitting bas**rds,hellbent in making their life's as pleasant and wealthy as possible,and ours as miserable and useless, if i had my way i'd line these slimey kunts up against a wall and shoot the fuckers, their only interested in you every 4yrs or so when they want to put a f***in x by their name, KUNTS, everyone of them.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2012 08:59:39 pm

It'd be easier to list the ones I wouldn't say that too!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #12: Jan 13, 2012 04:49:08 pm

Louise Mensch!!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #13: Jan 13, 2012 05:25:27 pm
      sounds like politicians jumping on the racism bandwagon for personal political ambitions. easy subject to score a few brownie points.

stinks of self promotion tbh.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,731 posts | 7166 
      Reply #14: Jan 13, 2012 08:48:05 pm
      Tell them to give us a call in about 22 years thats how fast they work isnt it.

Quick Reply