Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match tonight?

Pepe Reina
      20 (12.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      47 (29.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      14 (8.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      31 (19.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      40 (25.5%)
      Someone else
      5 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Man City 0-1 Liverpool: Live & Post game Gratification.

Read 48780 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Re: Man City 0-1 Liverpool: Live & Post game Gratification.
      Reply #575: Jan 11, 2012 10:36:18 pm
      Delighted with the result but missed the game due to work.

Our defence is so solid at the moment so I am confident we can get the result needed in the second leg.

Anyone know if there are any highlights in tonight?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #576: Jan 11, 2012 10:36:47 pm
       The johnson tackle looked very pretty to me, it was a good tackle and he won the ball. Vincent Kompany's tackle against Man U was pretty too, it was a very good tackle and he won the ball. Those who are saying Johnsons tackle was "Just as bad" are mssing the obvious point. Neither were fouls never mind cards. Kompany was stitched up first by an awful referee, and second by the FA Kangaroo club. Johnson fortunately for us wasn't. Neither tackle though was a foul never mind a card.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #577: Jan 11, 2012 10:39:28 pm
      Great result not going to critize anyone tonight. Man of the match for me was Johnson with skrtel a close second half
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #578: Jan 11, 2012 10:40:34 pm
      Great first half, solid second half. Professional away cup performance and encouraging, our attacking play was pretty damn good at the beginning of the match and then we just got progressively more defensive before we played 9 at the back as Hansen rightly said.

Half-way to Wembley and I'm confident that Anfield will provide a much better atmosphere than the state their stadium was in, you can buy the players but you can't buy the support, the league cup not good enough for them to support their team in a semi-final says a lot for me. Glad to hear Spearing wasn't a nasty one and great for Stevie to get 90mins under his belt, lots of positives, think Henderson is starting to get the idea when Stevie is in the side, certainly gets forward more, Carroll disappointing even if he was isolated in the second half and thought Kelly looked a little shakey, anyone know why Enrique was dropped?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #579: Jan 11, 2012 10:44:59 pm
      A win is a win.

It reminded me of the league game last week. They had lots of the ball but they couldn't break us down and get in between the lines or behind us. Everybody would have taken that before the game so I'm made up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #580: Jan 11, 2012 10:48:08 pm
      Couldn't see the game tonight.

Made up thats a boss result. 1st team to not concede a goal at city this season. Cant wait for the 2nd leg should be a rocking Anfield.

From some posts I make out we went defence minded second half? No problem with that its a semi 1st leg. Anybody that has an issue need to have a word with themselves.

Well in redmen
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #581: Jan 11, 2012 10:50:22 pm
      Ha ha sky just answered my question a clip of Carra coming on and a quote "Liverpool shut up shop to win" or something like that
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #582: Jan 11, 2012 10:50:46 pm
      Last weeks game didn"t reflect our performance in fairness ,if we had taken our chances better,so tonight was poetic justice.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #583: Jan 11, 2012 10:53:37 pm
      6 defenders on the pitch they say

WHO GIVES A FOOK

city 0 LIVERPOOL 1
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #584: Jan 11, 2012 10:53:58 pm
      Ha ha sky just answered my question a clip of Carra coming on and a quote "Liverpool shut up shop to win" or something like that

Five Live were banging on about it as well brian. Like you I missed the game but nothing wrong with playing defensive to get the win and it's not as if Kenny does it all the time.

Same old story. Other clubs defend a lead to take into the second leg and it's great tactics. We do it and suddenly it's not the thing to do.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #585: Jan 11, 2012 10:54:04 pm
      They looked fu**ed without Silva. Hope he isn't playing the second leg either
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #586: Jan 11, 2012 10:55:49 pm
      I didn't see the match. Was working!

I'm hearing a lot about our second half tactics. How selfish of us though. We should have bombed forward, had 60% possession but create nothing, and allowed City to pick us off on the break like last week.

That would have given the media the City win they desperately wanted.

Well done lads.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #587: Jan 11, 2012 10:56:28 pm
      Five Live were banging on about it as well brian. Like you I missed the game but nothing wrong with playing defensive to get the win and it's not as if Kenny does it all the time.

Same old story. Other clubs defend a lead to take into the second leg and it's great tactics. We do it and suddenly it's not the thing to do.

Very true mate any other team done that it would a great result and the way to do it.

We have a base now. They have to come at us at Anfield. We have the players to catch them out. Seems smart to me
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #588: Jan 11, 2012 10:56:37 pm
      I don't what fu**ed my head most to be honest our tactics in the second hald our spending the last two days on twitter as a spam bot.

Seriously though, wouldn't like to watch too any halves of football like that second half, still think had we been as adventorous in the second half as we had in the first we'd have got more goals tonight.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #589: Jan 11, 2012 10:58:18 pm
      I think Spearing coming off disrupted us. Adam couldn't get in at all but our first half performance was very good. Risky playing defensively but it worked a treat. Fantastic result!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #590: Jan 11, 2012 10:59:37 pm
      I don't what fu**ed my head most to be honest our tactics in the second hald our spending the last two days on twitter as a spam bot.

Seriously though, wouldn't like to watch too any halves of football like that second half, still think had we been as adventorous in the second half as we had in the first we'd have got more goals tonight.

We havent played too often like that under Kenny to be fair. And as said above if we had gone to kill them off we'd probably be sat here asking how have we lost that!!.

Its been a hard week for ye blood  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #591: Jan 11, 2012 11:02:27 pm
      I'm not going to complain after a 1-0 win at probably the most difficult away ground this season.

Is it right we are the first team to come away witha clean sheet this season?

As Brian says much more complaining would be done if we went for it and lost 2-1 in the end.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #592: Jan 11, 2012 11:03:29 pm
      I think Spearing coming off disrupted us. Adam couldn't get in at all but our first half performance was very good. Risky playing defensively but it worked a treat. Fantastic result!
      Very disruptive it was losing Spearo, he was doing the job lovely and glad that it wasn"t as bad as we thought.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #593: Jan 11, 2012 11:05:24 pm
      6 defenders on the pitch they say

Classic Dalglish tactic!

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH KENNY'S ARMY!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #594: Jan 11, 2012 11:05:38 pm

Thought the same meself Daz, it did look as though Kenny was a wee bit cautious with the second half tactics, they were allowed too much space and if they had the wherewithall, we could have been punished.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #595: Jan 11, 2012 11:13:47 pm
      One of the most memorable days in my life this.

With working at Signal radio in Stoke and we do live Stoke City commentary all the sports team get DataCo accreditation passes for the Premier League, with being the producer i never go to the games with my pass but tonight, it fitted in perfectly, Stoke play Liverpool on Saturday so i could go and get some Dalglish audio on his thoughts on the Stoke game.

So i booked myself in for it.

Went on my own, relaxed the first half all be it on the edge of my seat with being a fan, had a free luxourious dinner and following the game i interviewed my hero.

Perfect night

I will also be touchline reporting at Anfield on Saturday as Stoke travel there to face the Reds.

BOSH

Top game, spot on tactically
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #596: Jan 11, 2012 11:14:46 pm
      Seen Johnno's tackle. Wins the ball feet off the ground, similar to Kompany's which was never a red

I expect the FA to do him with video evidence though. Thats how things are for us at the minute
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #597: Jan 11, 2012 11:23:34 pm
      Perfect tactics, especially after Spearing went out. Reminded me of a Rafa Benitez away performance :D

Quick Reply