Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Nowhere to hide - the harsh reality

Read 10828 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Nowhere to hide - the harsh reality
      Reply #69: Jan 25, 2012 07:06:24 pm

Could be worse....Jimmy Johnson, coach of the Dallas Cowboys for 2 of their 3 Super Bowls in the '90's cut a player after a game in which the player made a mistake. Got everyone else's attention, that's for sure.
      a little harsh?  :roll:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #70: Jan 25, 2012 07:34:53 pm

Nope, now the guy wasn't one of the starters or anything...he was a reserve player that quite likely could have been on the way out soon anyway, but he expedited the situation by fumbling at a crucial moment in the game. Again...highlighting the difference between how Europeans look at sports vs us Yanks. I had no issue with what the coach did. The player was being paid a lot of money and couldn't complete even the most fundamental task without screwing up. Time to go...and it let everyone know that they were held to a high standard and if they didn't meet it, they could look for new employment as well.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #71: Jan 25, 2012 10:47:58 pm
      Nope, now the guy wasn't one of the starters or anything...he was a reserve player that quite likely could have been on the way out soon anyway, but he expedited the situation by fumbling at a crucial moment in the game. Again...highlighting the difference between how Europeans look at sports vs us Yanks. I had no issue with what the coach did. The player was being paid a lot of money and couldn't complete even the most fundamental task without screwing up. Time to go...and it let everyone know that they were held to a high standard and if they didn't meet it, they could look for new employment as well.
      I understood he actually had CUT the lad, hahahahaha
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #72: Jan 25, 2012 11:29:43 pm
      Cut his hair and wear a mask I say
      Interesting idea. I suppose Jason Vorhees would have the intimidation factor!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #73: Jan 26, 2012 12:13:15 am
      Harsh reality is we're the only Premiership side in a major Cup final as of now.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #74: Jan 26, 2012 01:28:55 am
      Interesting idea. I suppose Jason Vorhees would have the intimidation factor!

Easy fella thats a little too extreme:) Was thinking more along the line of Kane http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/173/756/2a39b4bb220efe48c7f90372821597e2_display_image.jpg?1268286553

Quick Reply