Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Bright future, or too soon to tell?

Read 3983 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Re: Bright future, or too soon to tell?
      Reply #23: Sep 26, 2012 11:14:55 pm
      et I sit here feeling good about us. Were starting to see the style the boss wants to play take shape. But the big thing for me at the minute is that, forced into it or not, were getting to see our young lads on the pitch. And were seeing huge potential.

This bit jumps out the most. I don't know how well our season will go in the league, hopefully it improves a great deal, hopefully we will get a good amount of points on the board and sterr clear of any more injuries between now and January. And Hopefully FSG will pull their finger out of their asses and back the manager properly in the next window.

But in the meantime it's great to see so many of the youngsters stepping up and showing they may belong. It reminds me somewhat of Souness's start to his stint at Anfield. He got rid of a bunch of players WAY too early, I still can't believe he sold Beardsley (to the bitters!) and Stevie Staunton when they still had so much to offer not to mention numerous others (McMahon, Houghton) whom he called time on too quickly and too early. Anyways i'm ranting, once he'd got rid of just about everyone we were suddenly fielding this side of kids (Jamie Redknapp, Stevie McMananaman, Don Huchison, Mike Marsh and then Robbie Fowler) and this kinda feels like it did back then. You knew we weren't (as a club) in the greatest shape but you could see some really exciting talent coming through.

So many of these kids look like they might makes the grade and obviously we've got a few who look like they can be real stars. Shelvey, Sterling and Robinson (for me) look like future stars and then we've got the likes of Suso looking like he will join them soon and young Wisdom not looking a bit out of place either. throw in relative old buggers like Joe Allen at just 21 (and already looking a banker to be here 6-8 years), Borini the same age and Coates (still not completely convinced) of the same age and the future certainly looks like it could be very bright. BUT, these kids need to be surrounded by more quality and more experience to ensure the club gets the best out of them. It's great they are grabbing their opportunities but I just hope Brendan gets further backing in January and then again next summer because these young lads can't do it on their own and nor should they be expected to.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2012 11:39:51 pm by Scottbot »
      Berto
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #24: Sep 26, 2012 11:16:45 pm
      Hy guys!

I'm italian and I love Liverpool Fotball Club, I'm an A.C. Milan fan however I admire you since  Istanbul,yes It could be appear like strange but down there we found an honorable rival,with a great Team,great supporters,great capitain(Gerrard is the best) and with a GREAT HISTORY!! Not like chelsea psg malaga those things.. Well just let me know if you accept me in your forum and forgive me for my English..I'm studing it but if you want I can talk spanish like Rafa!

(Borini is a really good player!)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25: Sep 26, 2012 11:37:40 pm
      This bit jumps out the most. I don't know how well our season will go in the league, hopefully it improves a great deal, hopefully we will get a good amount of points on the board and sterr clear of any more injuries between now and January. And Hopefully FSG will pull their finger out of their asses and back the manager properly in the next window.

But in the meantime it's great to see so many of the youngsters stepping up and showing they may belong. It reminds me somewhat of Souness's start to his stint at Anfield. He got rid of a bunch of player WAY too early, I still can't believe he sold Beardsley (to the bitters!) and Stevie Staunton when they still had so much to offer not to mention numerous others (McMahon, Houghton) whom he called time on too quickly and too early. Anyways i'm ranting, once he'd got rid of just about everyone we were suddenly fielding this side of kids (Jamie Redknapp, Stevie McMananaman, Don Huchison, Mike Marsh and then Robbie Fowler) and this kinda feels like ot did back then. You knew we weren't (as a club) in the greatest shape but you could see some really exciting talent coming through.

So many of these kids look like they might makes the grade and obviously we've got a few who look like they can be real stars. Shelvey, Sterling and Robinson (for me) look like future stars and then we've got the likes of Suso looking like he will join them soon and young Wisdom not looking a bit out of place either. throw in relative old buggers like Joe Allen at just 21 (and already looking a banker to be here 6-8 years), Borini the same age and Coates (still not completely convinced) of the same age and the future certainly looks like it could be very bright. BUT, these kids need to be surrounded by more quality and more experience to ensure the club gets the best out of them. It's great they are grabbing their opportunities but I just hope Brendan gets further backing in January and then again next summer because these young lads can't do it on their own and nor should they be expected to.

Good post Scott
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #26: Sep 27, 2012 04:28:31 am
      I think FSG always had this in mind. They get rid of the older higher paid players, particularly when we are not winning anyway (the league that is). They BR in to manage the transition of the youth players. We were lucky that Rafa, Borrell etc had us in such good shape in the youth department. I think that we will build up our economic base again and then they will invest in a stadium. We need momentum to keep going. Of course we lost Kuyt, Maxi, Aurelio, Carroll etc but it's not like Borini, Sahin, Allen are crap especially when BR knows two of them so well. The thing I like is we have got potential on the wings, which we have  seemed to struggle with in latter years, coming from the youth. The fact that Borrell has them playing in the fashion that Rodgers wants is good planning.  The thing that also I like is that the  midfield and defence have youth prospects galore coming through. All we need is another Owen, Fowler, Rush to come through or we do what every other b***ard does and spend a fortune on a great goal scorer.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27: Sep 27, 2012 08:23:09 am
       It's obviously far too early to be sensibly optimistic about pretty much anything. This is the case not only because the manager has been here five minutes, but also because we are third from bottom in the league with two points from our first five games. We haven't even won one yet, so it's ridiculously early.

That said, we havent got any strikers, we haven't got any money, we haven't won a league game yet, we've only got 12 fit players and yet I think we are on a roll and have significant momentum right now. Very unsensible I know, ridiculous really, but that's how I feel. Maybe that's the talent of the manager, he gives people belief and hope.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #28: Sep 27, 2012 04:53:09 pm
      Hy guys!

I'm italian and I love Liverpool Fotball Club, I'm an A.C. Milan fan however I admire you since  Istanbul,yes It could be appear like strange but down there we found an honorable rival,with a great Team,great supporters,great capitain(Gerrard is the best) and with a GREAT HISTORY!! Not like chelsea psg malaga those things.. Well just let me know if you accept me in your forum and forgive me for my English..I'm studing it but if you want I can talk spanish like Rafa!

(Borini is a really good player!)

Hi Berto, welcome to the forums!!

I'm not quite sure this is the correct place to post an introduction to yourself, maybe try here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,51.3420.html

Anyway, you'll soon find that Borini is getting criticized by some, even when he's not even on the bench. More about it on the Borini Player Thread ;)

On topic, I personally hate all the future-related stuff. There's no way of knowing whatever the hell is going to happen to the club in years to come. I think all that we can talk about is the present and the immediate future. What I know is I'm happy with what's going on at the moment, and I expect this season to be very interesting. Hopefully Brendan's philosophy will gel and the team will keep improving. Is the future bright? I have no idea, but the present seems pretty fine to me.

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #29: Sep 27, 2012 07:18:23 pm
      Very impressed with the youngsters  ' the new reds ? ' they were more than comfortable against a useful team , they deserve to play in the first team , play like this and the results surely will follow ...very proud of these kids
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #30: Sep 27, 2012 09:00:55 pm
      They showed great fighting spirit yesterday! They gave 100% and they got a good result and played some good stuff IMO! Some of them could definitely start in the next  league game!  But don't rush them!  If we handle it right, we have a VERY bright future!

Quick Reply