Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (0.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (11%)
      Daniel Agger
      (21.5%)
      Martin Kelly
      (13.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (3.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (2.3%)
      Andy Carroll
      (40.6%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (6.8%)
      Someone else
      (0.5%)

Liverpool 2:1 Manchester United FA Cup: In game & post match Glee

Read 69813 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Re: Liverpool 2:1 Manchester United FA Cup: In game & post match Glee
      Reply #736: Jan 28, 2012 04:51:14 pm
      Former Liverpool striker and talkSPORT host Stan Colymore on Twitter discussing the abuse received by Patrice Evra at Anfield: "Every set of supporters in the country would have booed under the same circumstances.Anyone saying not is fibbing."

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore

Fair play, but I guess it's because he's a manc. Obviously the recession is hitting home as no mobile phones were thrown today.

It's a point we should stress and the world needs to note - Evra was booed because we believe he's a liar.

We're not racist - we only hate mancs

;)
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #737: Jan 28, 2012 04:51:31 pm
      Nearly passed out when Dirk scored screed for too long forgot to breath chuffed to bits .
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #738: Jan 28, 2012 04:52:44 pm

Couldn't see the game - but very much needed to hear this.....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #739: Jan 28, 2012 04:54:48 pm
      Shocking, and going by his age, should know better.

Ah well, if this is the case, be prepared to give your seat up.
      Well while everybody is making assumptions it's worth pointing out that there is a Carlsberg shirt on the pic so how old must the shot be?
      redsordie27
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts |
      Reply #740: Jan 28, 2012 04:55:46 pm
      Im pretty sure the Reds won this game just for my Birthday, great game I love beating the Mancs thanks for the birthday present Kuyt
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #741: Jan 28, 2012 04:56:04 pm
      Absolutely brilliant performance.

First half we were a bit shaky in possession, didnt really fancy the idea of Carra being further forward, numerous times i saw him taking swipes at the ball and completely missing which allowed people to get past him, but Agger and Skrtel were really solid and calm at the back, reacting to the high balls well and coming out to tackle if needed.

Midfeild was very suspect, Maxi wasn't on his normally precise and incisive form, Gerrard was very reserved in possession and lost the ball too many times in my opinion, Downing and Hendo were the real positives in the middle of the pitch.

Carroll led the line fearlessly winning headers, putting himself about and having a great workrate to match, very unlucky not to get a goal.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #742: Jan 28, 2012 04:58:39 pm
      What do you think about Gerrard coming off?

Tactical? Performance? Didn't think he had a good game tbh

I thought stevie had a decent enough game, not one of his best , he struck the ball too strong and his aim was off, he"s only human and we have to accept he"ll have off days ,but they"re few and far between .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #743: Jan 28, 2012 05:01:40 pm
      Well while everybody is making assumptions it's worth pointing out that there is a Carlsberg shirt on the pic so how old must the shot be?
      I thought exactly the same thing, and maybe it is old, maybe it's just an old shirt and was worn today.

Doesn't excuse him though
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #744: Jan 28, 2012 05:04:14 pm
      Phewww! True Sport 7 showed the match in Nepal.  Thank You my cable company to showing this channel insted of Ten Action.  The commenting was all in Thai but as long as I got to watch the match.  I kept hearing negir by the Thai commentators than showing Evra.  Either they were being racist or it means something in thai.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #745: Jan 28, 2012 05:05:04 pm
      I thought stevie had a decent enough game, not one of his best , he struck the ball too strong and his aim was off, he"s only human and we have to accept he"ll have off days ,but they"re few and far between .
      Let's not forget he has recently returned from injury and the mid-week game was a grueller, he could be excused for showing some effects of tiredness and the decision to give him a rest was quite understandable.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #746: Jan 28, 2012 05:11:39 pm

Problem with that mate thde lad in the black jacket down from him is wearing a standard chartered shirt so it can't be that old and still leaves it open as a possibility it was at todays game.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #747: Jan 28, 2012 05:14:06 pm
      Loved watching us kick some more Manc ass today! I do worry about Reina being exposed too much though, especially when Welbeck got past Reina in the second half when he came out to clear, if it wasn't for Skrtel we'd be fu**ed!

Overall though I though it was a well fought contest, we earned win!
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #748: Jan 28, 2012 05:16:53 pm
      Problem with that mate thde lad in the black jacket down from him is wearing a standard chartered shirt so it can't be that old and still leaves it open as a possibility it was at todays game.

Merseyside police are looking at the footage. If it was at today's game they'll find it and it'll be resolved one way or the other.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #749: Jan 28, 2012 05:18:40 pm
      Think the lads did well today not a great performance but enough to beat a very average utd line up onwards and upwards redmen !
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #750: Jan 28, 2012 05:20:49 pm

You can't help but love his desire. :-*
      Matt_
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #751: Jan 28, 2012 05:21:20 pm
      Got to disagree, thought Downing played really well - did you mean Maxi? ;)

I agree, thought Downing played well. Had the bit between his teeth again. This guy must mean maxi surely? He was poor I thought but not bothered, great week for the club!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #752: Jan 28, 2012 05:25:09 pm
      Didn't see that mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #753: Jan 28, 2012 05:26:51 pm
      It was by far not a great performance. It was fairly disjointed at times and the score at half time was something we couldn't complain about at all. They were very good in possession today but as the match went on the drive and intensity increased and you could sense they could do something. The formation and the team that was put out ultimately failed but that was rectified with devastating impact with the subs made by Kenny. The fact we beat them scum when we weren't even that good makes it all the more better.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #754: Jan 28, 2012 05:29:57 pm

Someone on RAWK mentioned he'll be charged with child-abuse now.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #755: Jan 28, 2012 05:31:38 pm
      Let's not forget he has recently returned from injury and the mid-week game was a grueller, he could be excused for showing some effects of tiredness and the decision to give him a rest was quite understandable.
      I entirely agree with you stuey, and when he gets himself 100% he"ll be unstoppable.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #756: Jan 28, 2012 05:42:18 pm
      I've calmed down now, thought my head was going to explode when Kuyyt scored. Was worried when Stevie went off, thought we might lack a bit of service from then on. Wasn't on top form amittedly but is always likely to unlock the door so to speak. Having said that, the lads who came on didn't let anyone down and all contributed to upping the tempo for us. Carroll was great up there alone for long periods and chasing everything. Seemed so much more determined today. Enrique, one silly mistake for their goal but otherwise sound. every where else on the pitch, although at times we gave the ball away too cheaply, every one ran their nuts off supporting each other. Mancs had lots of pssesion and did play some attractive football but our defending and organisation was superb. Gave Agger MOTM but was so close with Carroll and Skrtle. Good to see Henderson have two decent games on the trot, hope he continues to improve as I hadn't rated him. Also Adam, came on and done a decent job today, again a player I don't really rate but credit where credit's due. Off to buy some throat lictus now so I can learn to speak again. Rent boys at Anfield in the next round please. COME ON YOU MIHTY REDS. Oh. and I did wonder about some of Kenny's selections and subs at times, but he got it all spot on last couple of games, as if my opinion makes any difference. :f_tongueincheek:
                                   :aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #757: Jan 28, 2012 05:45:20 pm
      Welbeck looked happy when gerrard came off,a big grin on his face so he had ,he"s not grinning now.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #758: Jan 28, 2012 05:45:54 pm
      What do you think about Gerrard coming off?

Tactical? Performance? Didn't think he had a good game tbh

IMO SG really need some rest mate, he just back from serious injured.

Quick Reply