Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Sky Sports in Racist Slur

Read 2149 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Sky Sports in Racist Slur
      Feb 12, 2012 04:31:02 pm
      12 February 2012

So amazed by this I wanted to bring everyone's attention to it, because I think it needs telling.

On the tv about 10 minutes ago:

Jim White asks Andy Hinchcliff who is commentating on the City/Villa game, 'Did they shake hands?' To which he replied...

"I think in Uruguay they can learn a few lessons on how to shake hands - it's fairly straight forward, it's not complicated..."

To which Jim White responds

"Terrific"

You couldn't make this up!

Fully expect Sly Sports to apologise to the nation of Uruguay for the racist slur. I'm serious.
      LFCexiled
      Re: Sky Sports in Racist Slur
      Reply #1: Feb 12, 2012 04:33:58 pm
      I think all of Uruguay should respond by refusing to shake hands and the fenway sports group could tell them all to apologise for daring to be offended and being right.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,200 posts | 1642 
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2012 04:51:56 pm
      No worse than that bellend from Peterbrough the other day who was saying how 'we don't want a foreigner, there all greedy, they don't care' with regards to the England job.

Only put on a show caring about racism when it suits them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2012 04:57:49 pm
      Or the FA stating that Uruguayan culture is irrelevant in the findings of the "alleged" racist abuse of Evra.

Or that Powar is still working for the Notts FA after being found guilty of racist comments.

Or that the same Powar racially abused one of our own on twitter when he called him a coconut.

One rule for us, another for the FA.

Nothing will come of it, it never does.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Feb 12, 2012 05:54:10 pm
      I wish you had a video of it, we could send it round to everyone. I would hope they apologise for this because it is disgusting and very two standards.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #5: Feb 12, 2012 06:00:58 pm
      How ironic. Bunch of jumped up gobshites
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #6: Feb 12, 2012 06:22:24 pm
      I think SS are becoming a bigger F***ing liability than the scum, existing only to blow up everything out of all proportion is just sickening, jumping on every tiny incident as if it changes the course of the universe, they need to take a look at themselves. Of course if people stopped paying for the subscription it would soon change, do we need a 24hr sports channel ffs?
      franfieldeire
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #7: Feb 12, 2012 07:45:42 pm
      KK is right about 24 hour news channels. They need fooder & unfortunately yesterday it came from LFC. They love it because it is LFC. We fell for it hook, line, and sT"inker. We know the Moredick Empire will never give LFC a break so why do we act surprised ? I only watch SS for the football pictures not the  "opinion" because well, frankly, I don't care about it and no-one else should either.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #8: Feb 12, 2012 07:51:48 pm
      In the fu**ed up world that we live in you are perfectly entitled, as Sky have done here, to making sweeping generalisations about a whole nation/region.

Examples:
      Evra's using Luis's South American regionality as a form of abuse
      Ferguson's "typical Germans" remark
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #9: Feb 13, 2012 09:20:31 am
      I thought as much, this morning the Irish blonde female reporter said:

"And this is why professional football players should pay attention to how they conduct themselves on the pitch, just keep an eye on the Aston Villa mascot, from the Manchester City game. Well, he shakes one of the referee's assistants hands, but...(cue the video)...here he goes...no handshake of the Manchester City mascot!"

Male reporter

"Oh dear..."

Unbelievable! She's basically saying the young boy has copied Suarez, yet she has no proof of this whatsoever. This isn't reporting, it's despicable character assassination. :mad:

Not only that, they are manipulating children.

I'm glad I cancelled my subscription because that treacherous channel is nothing but the S-n on T.V!  :mad:

Quick Reply