Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The £35m Swap

Read 10371 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: The £35m Swap
      Reply #69: Jan 30, 2012 11:04:42 am
      Originated From Daniel Taylor in the Guardian.

I.E. The author of Slur Alex's biography/General Whiskey nose brown-noser.

Solely intended to unsettle the Big man after his performance and undermine our win over that lot (again).

Disappointed that so many LFC fans on twitter were actually pushing it as well. Stunk of bullshit before it even hit Sky Sports.
      Thanks for that
      LFCexiled
      Reply #70: Jan 30, 2012 11:04:53 am
      Hopefully when Kenny's asked he'll say something along the lines of "Where did the story come from? You should ask that question to the author of the article."

If I had the time or was more of an investigative reporter I'd love to document all the ferguson linked sh*te that's happening this season, from luis-gate to the Kompany appeal. His connection to various 'illicit' decisions and decision makers is so highly suspicious it needs to be highlighted.

Having said that, I doubt anything would come of it.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #71: Jan 30, 2012 11:07:19 am
      I'd take Tevez on loan, even if it ended up costing £5m in wages  :couch:

Gerrard, Suarez, Tevez...     ouch.

And even if you have concerns about his temperament, the very fact that Tevez is trying to engineer a move away will mean that he'll play out of his skin regardless of where he'd like to end up.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #72: Jan 30, 2012 12:10:41 pm
      loan deal will be good...use him to get to the top four then dump him and buy cavani :D
      Maybe City will see it that way too in so much we could damage UTD's charge if we beat them and Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal.We ahve played City home and away so we cant damage them.Hmmmmmm
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #73: Jan 30, 2012 12:14:03 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/dalglish-no-new-senior-players

Kenny Dalglish is adamant that Liverpool will conduct no business in what is left of the transfer window.

The boss expects no new additions to the first-team squad at Melwood before the window closes on Tuesday night.

He said: "There'll be nothing happening here in the transfer window, in or out. There's no need to ask any questions about transfers or speculation or anything else."

-

Close the transfer board!  ;D
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #74: Jan 30, 2012 02:10:12 pm
       Tevez is in Argentina right now, and refuses to come back after going AWOL from Man City because HE HATES LIVING AND PLAYING IN ENGLAND

Seen this,so i think its safe to say we wont be seeing him here today or tomorrow!!
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #75: Jan 30, 2012 03:55:23 pm
      Tevez is in Argentina right now, and refuses to come back after going AWOL from Man City because HE HATES LIVING AND PLAYING IN ENGLAND

Seen this,so i think its safe to say we wont be seeing him here today or tomorrow!!

Yeah but his agent is now back tracking and says he's happy to come and play for Man City and it was always more of a problem with Mancini than lifestyle
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #76: Jan 30, 2012 04:15:05 pm
      Yeah but his agent is now back tracking and says he's happy to come and play for Man City and it was always more of a problem with Mancs than lifestyle.
      Fixed that for ya mate.  ;) ;D
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #77: Jan 30, 2012 04:28:06 pm

Nice :-D
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #78: Jan 30, 2012 11:43:05 pm
      Called it last year ;)

And so it starts...

Just got a message saying we have made a bid to loan Tevez.

The lad who told me said that Dennis Tueart said we have put the loan bid in. He is an ex-city player his son is a football advisor to Jack Rodwell and a few others.

The bid is 5 million upfront and 2 mil bonus if we qualify for champions league, and we will cover his wages of 200k
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3461 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #79: Jan 31, 2012 10:28:17 am
      The only reason Kenny would be interested in Tevez is because his golf has improved back in Argentina.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #80: Jan 31, 2012 10:31:44 am
      I'm actually warming to the idea of a loan deal for Tevez but just can't see it happening.

Also I think I'd rather just keep Andy for at least the end of the season rather than this rumoured swap.

Loan deal for Tevez is a slight possibility but I don't see this straight swap deal happening at all.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #81: Jan 31, 2012 10:49:50 am
      Mancini and Daglish have both denied this story, but the rumour is still continuing??  It's not going away, stupid ITK's
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #82: Jan 31, 2012 11:21:08 am
      Mancini and Daglish have both denied this story, but the rumour is still continuing??  It's not going away, stupid ITK's

Yeah a guy I know who works for Talksport (absolutely sound bloke too, IS actually ITK usually) has told me he is "99% certain" the story is true, from a "very reliable sourse". Don't know what to believe really.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #83: Jan 31, 2012 11:25:58 am
      It's on the SSN transfer TV,
      It must be true.

/sarcasm]
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #84: Jan 31, 2012 11:39:36 am
      Mancini has been trying to get rid of tevez for months. Why would he deny this if it was true.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #85: Jan 31, 2012 11:45:07 am
      An outlay of 3 - 4 million on Tevez,s wages, for the rest of the season, would be better than signing someone now for 20 + million and realising they were not worth it. If there was a possibility of a loan for Tevez then I would deffo look into it but I would,nt sign him on a permenant basis.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #86: Jan 31, 2012 11:46:59 am
      Doesn't ring true for me, the lack of activity in the transfer market is essentially because nothing in the market place appeals to the manager who knows in turn the aspirations of the owners aind their long term outlook on any players acquired.
      Tevez is not a long term candidate by any standard, even on a full contract with the associated mega bucks price tag he is a loose cannon and has displayed zero loyalty and commitment to his employers.
      Kenny Dalglish and Carlos Tevez are chalk and cheese and whereas the manager is renouned for building an empathy with his charges Tevez is a lost cause.

Quick Reply