Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Wembley or Cardiff?

Read 2278 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Wembley or Cardiff?
      Feb 27, 2012 05:06:07 pm
      Was brought up on the drive home last night, began to wonder what the general consensus was as to which people prefer.

Yesterday was the first time I'd personally been Wembley. The stadium itself is a fantastic structure, the infrastructure around makes the ground it pretty easy to access (Not necessarily to get away :mad: ) and the viewing/Seating space was top class. However, the amount of room separating one row from the next was quite large, and the middle tear was filled with quite alot of neutral/corporate viewers (Too my knowledge) which subsequently separated both set of fans from the top and lower tiers and seemed to contribute to a lul in the atmosphere.

The majority of people who I was with reckoned the Millennium Stadium pissed all over it in terms of atmosphere, saying it really created a cauldron of sound and ultimately the experience was more memorable. Havent been myself so was basically wondering what peoples views where on both grounds and which they prefer?

Wembley or the Millennium Stadium?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Re: Wembley or Cardiff?
      Reply #1: Feb 27, 2012 06:10:58 pm
      Millennium Stadium and the city too, well better to go on a piss-up before hand.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #2: Feb 27, 2012 06:32:50 pm
      The Club Wembley tier running round the middle does put a big downer on the atmosphere.  But quite enjoyed the drinking facilities around Wembley though compared to Cardiff.

I'd probably say Wembley just out of the history of it all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #3: Feb 28, 2012 03:34:18 am
      But quite enjoyed the drinking facilities around Wembley though compared to Cardiff.

Mate honestly for drinking Cardiff is FAR better.

It's a stadium surrounded by pubs and bars.

Too much walking around Wembley trying to find one!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Feb 28, 2012 11:59:52 am
      Cardiff wins hands down on all counts. Stadium, general atmosphere, stuff to do, pubs, beer, women etc.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #5: Feb 28, 2012 07:09:34 pm
      Cardiff wins hands down on all counts. Stadium, general atmosphere, stuff to do, pubs, beer, women etc.

Cant argue with that!

I mentioned in another thread that the middle tier at Wembley effects the atmosphere..no doubt.

By the way, I think they should play the FA Cup semi-finals at the Millenium.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012 08:00:25 pm by kelvo »
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #6: Feb 28, 2012 08:21:46 pm
      Could see it quite clearly looking over at the Cardiff end. Bottom tier were bouncing around all over the place, then came the executive boxes and then the top tier which was quite a bit more sensible.
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 01, 2012 03:04:01 pm
      Cardiff was OK for what it was & we have had some great times there. However Wembley is the home of football & its an iconic venue known around the world, its where we belong & its the place to lift trophies.

The acoustics are not great & fans struggle to get the same song going at the same time - what else do you expect from a stadium that big? Its an amazing venue, clean & well laid out, easy to get in and out & Wembley way is simply epic. Driving there isnt much of a problem, you can park for £20 and it doesnt take too long to get away (well not in my experience anyway)

The fact its in England is of course also a bonus, might as well play in Paris if Cardiff is deemed OK.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #8: Mar 01, 2012 11:47:33 pm
      The fact its in England is of course also a bonus, might as well play in Paris if Cardiff is deemed OK.

In the current climate, couldn't that be deemed xenophobic!!

Plus for having a bevvy before the game, Cardiff shits on Wembley by a great height and I don't EVER remember a Liverpool fan being stabbed in the surrounding areas of Cardiff the night before a Cup Final.

Think on eh!
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 02, 2012 09:20:12 am
      In the current climate, couldn't that be deemed xenophobic!!

Plus for having a bevvy before the game, Cardiff shits on Wembley by a great height and I don't EVER remember a Liverpool fan being stabbed in the surrounding areas of Cardiff the night before a Cup Final.

Think on eh!

It wouldn't in any climate, why would it? Wembley is the home of football. Its also in London, England. Oh thats right we play in England don't we! Liverpool FC is a club from England!

Plenty of bars not to far away & then a couple of cans on your way up, thats fine by me. I do understand if you want to mix it up a little more that options are limited. For me, beer doesn't make me want to go to one stadium or another though.

Didnt he get stabbed in Camden? Not exactly in Wembley's area that & to use that isnt great form anyway. Sad, sad news about that lad, could have happened anywhere anytime in any big city & it does week in week out. You just dont like London and Wembley, I think even in my short time here I get that. No need to bang on about it though mate. The forum was asked a question & I offered an answer. Why do you feel the need to hit back with an agenda? Xenophobic indeed! What a joke  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #10: Mar 02, 2012 01:17:16 pm
      Why do you feel the need to hit back with an agenda? Xenophobic indeed! What a joke  :lmao:

Who's got the agenda?

everyone of your posts is giving it the London is best sh*te.

Plenty of bars and then some in Cardiff, just admit Cardiff F***ing loved Liverpool and we loved Cardiff!!

And London still stinks of Ratpiss!! (Scouse Joke alert)

liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 02, 2012 01:28:57 pm
      Who's got the agenda?

everyone of your posts is giving it the London is best sh*te.

Plenty of bars and then some in Cardiff, just admit Cardiff f**king loved Liverpool and we loved Cardiff!!

And London still stinks of Ratpiss!! (Scouse Joke alert)

You seem to be labelling me something (Xenophobic) and you have an agenda against England – especially London, well that’s what I get from your posts.

Not really, I was asked if I preferred Wembley or Cardiff & I gave my answer. Not really given any London is best sh*te at all. I agreed with you about drinking close to the ground, personally before games I go into Town & then travel out, so I’m fine. I also like the banter along Wembley way with a few cans beforehand. I’m not fussed about sitting in a pub for 4 hours before a match right next to the ground.

I’ve also mentioned the good times at Cardiff and mate lets fukking agree we had some! Personally I just love the whole Wembley thing & have done since my first game there many moons ago (first place I saw us play)

Yep, too right some of London stinks, then again so does some of every other City in the World.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #12: Mar 02, 2012 01:56:53 pm
      You seem to be labelling me something (Xenophobic) and you have an agenda against England – especially London, well that’s what I get from your posts.

Not really, I was asked if I preferred Wembley or Cardiff & I gave my answer. Not really given any London is best sh*te at all. I agreed with you about drinking close to the ground, personally before games I go into Town & then travel out, so I’m fine. I also like the banter along Wembley way with a few cans beforehand. I’m not fussed about sitting in a pub for 4 hours before a match right next to the ground.

I’ve also mentioned the good times at Cardiff and mate lets fukking agree we had some! Personally I just love the whole Wembley thing & have done since my first game there many moons ago (first place I saw us play)

Yep, too right some of London stinks, then again so does some of every other City in the World.

It's called taking the piss lad!!

Scouse humour.

Quick Reply