Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Discussion

Read 61162 times
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Re: Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Discussion
      Reply #782: Feb 11, 2012 06:52:03 pm
      Danish Channel 6 reporting Daniel Agger offered Rio Ferdinand to meet outside for a fight!

Daniel Agger is the definition of BAMF

I was just telling my brother that on attitude and look alone we've got the most bad ass central defensive pair in the league.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #783: Feb 11, 2012 06:52:08 pm
      Danish Channel 6 reporting Daniel Agger offered Rio Ferdinand to meet outside for a fight!
      I would put my money on Danny Agger to win that one.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #784: Feb 11, 2012 06:52:11 pm

Go Dagger !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #785: Feb 11, 2012 06:53:12 pm
      Has anyone in the media got the balls to come out and tell Ferguson to get his own house in order.

He's been guilty of saying the wrong things from time to time and his players are no better.

You've got the "Typical Germans" comment he made when getting beat by Bayern ........... and the many years of refusal to speak to people when results haven't gone his way.

Remember the occasion when he whispered to his aide about "getting the journo" who dared to question his tactics and then you've got Kelly Dalglish/Cates asking him a perfectly good question about his nervy new goalkeeper.

Then also consider cantona attacking a supporter, Rio missing a drugs test, Keane going out to deliberately end a fellas career and Ferguson's son's agency.

Apart from the handshake/none handshake incident, Suarez did F**k all wrong today in my eyes.

There's only one disgrace to football coming out of all this and it's the man in charge of Man Utd.

His influence on the media is the most unhealthy aspect of football in many a year.
      It's been going on for many a year and now the media, F**k nose and the FA work as one.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #786: Feb 11, 2012 06:53:15 pm
      Love Agger   :lmao:
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #787: Feb 11, 2012 06:53:48 pm
      Is anyone else just annoyed at how big this whole thing is? Its petty. Main thing is we didn't play well enough today and thats the most annoying thing for me.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #788: Feb 11, 2012 07:01:12 pm
      Ollie Holt is a moron:

PhilippeAuclair Philippe Auclair
      Can Liverpool flat-earthers please stop tweeting photographic 'proof' of Evra's 'non-handshake'? This is more than embarrassing.
      8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
      Retweeted by OllieHoltMirror

As is Philippe Auclair

:roll:
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #789: Feb 11, 2012 07:01:30 pm
      Lets hope this goes viral and MOTD pick up on it before tonight.

Why not make sure it goes viral instead of just hoping??
      I for one am getting sick of hearing so many bad things about Suarez. FFS, the guy can only take so much, and if it keeps on going, I fear he'll want to leave here.

On the game, it was a poor performance, we we're never really up for it. But I do trust King Kenny to make things right. YNWA.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #790: Feb 11, 2012 07:02:43 pm
      forget the sh*te about Evra its a sideshow.
      Pepe,Agger,Skyrtel, Gerrard and Suarez are possibly the only player who have the quality to perform in a championship side.
      You cant hide the fact that we have not got the quality we need.The league does not lie.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #791: Feb 11, 2012 07:03:51 pm
      The one thing that does please me is the fact that our players stood by Luis Suarez and that to me shows unity,Y.N.W.A. stands out loud and clear Liverpool players never walk alone.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #792: Feb 11, 2012 07:07:30 pm
      Ollie Holt is a moron:

PhilippeAuclair Philippe Auclair
      Can Liverpool flat-earthers please stop tweeting photographic 'proof' of Evra's 'non-handshake'? This is more than embarrassing.
      8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
      Retweeted by OllieHoltMirror

As is Philippe Auclair

:roll:

It's that time again, that happens every so often, where it's LFC versus The World, pick your side and stick to it, cos it's gonna be tough....roll on Wembley and F**k everyone else.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #793: Feb 11, 2012 07:13:51 pm
      The one thing that does please me is the fact that our players stood by Luis Suarez and that to me shows unity,Y.N.W.A. stands out loud and clear Liverpool players never walk alone.

That was good to see Billy.

It's that time again, that happens every so often, where it's LFC versus The World, pick your side and stick to it, cos it's gonna be tough....roll on Wembley and f**k everyone else.

Yep, F**k you World.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #794: Feb 11, 2012 07:22:27 pm
      At least someone from manchester agrees with us
      Mario Balotelli 'If I was in Suarez boots and got banned for 8 games for something I didn't do, I wouldn't shake Evra's hand either.'

EDIT: Looks like its come from a fake twitter account...
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #795: Feb 11, 2012 07:30:44 pm
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #796: Feb 11, 2012 07:31:21 pm
      forget the sh*te about Evra its a sideshow.
      Pepe,Agger,Skyrtel, Gerrard and Suarez are possibly the only player who have the quality to perform in a championship side.
      You cant hide the fact that we have not got the quality we need.The league does not lie.

Just caught end of a quote from Sir Alex: "He's a disgrace...He should never play for Liverpool again." I presume he's on about Downing?
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #797: Feb 11, 2012 07:32:59 pm
      It's that time again, that happens every so often, where it's LFC versus The World, pick your side and stick to it, cos it's gonna be tough....roll on Wembley and f**k everyone else.

It's amazing though if no journalist or interviewer pulls up whiskey nose on his hypocrisy. Calling a Liverpool player a disgrace after the amount of thugs he has stood by wearing Utd shirts is comical stuff.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #798: Feb 11, 2012 07:38:31 pm
      Losing faith in the game of football as a whole to be honest if the only thing people talk about is a bloody handshake. Just watched the wigan v leeds rugby game and the lad bailey from leeds nearly took one lads head off and it was all forgotten ten minutes later, its all a bit tetchy for me now.  Lip reading every fan in the ground up close to make sure they don't say anything bad, what with all the diving and cheating in the game at the moment its becoming a bit of a farce if you ask me now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #799: Feb 11, 2012 07:40:33 pm
      It's amazing though if no journalist or interviewer pulls up whiskey nose on his hypocrisy. Calling a Liverpool player a disgrace after the amount of thugs he has stood by wearing Utd shirts is comical stuff.

It's not about the players though. Ferguson is having a dig at Kenny.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #800: Feb 11, 2012 07:45:44 pm
      It's not about the players though. Ferguson is having a dig at Kenny.

Yeah, I think he truly hates Kenny because Kenny was a great player and a great manager. Fergie hasn't gotten over the fact he was a sh*te player and seeing Kenny reminds him of it
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #801: Feb 11, 2012 07:58:01 pm
      As an attacking threat you could arguably say Johnson was our best player today but defensively he let us down again. Was awful in the positional sense for Rooney's first. Is on the right side of him and then expects the ball to be cleared when it goes into the middle and just basically runs away from goal on the wrong side of Rooney.

Got to be Kelly for me at right back as defence is the most important and attack comes after. Very strange that Johnson hasn't even been given a go at right midfield.

Spearing was at fault for the second but was sloppy with his passing before that too - hopefully he will get better because besides Stevie he is all we have that can play the holding role until Lucas is back.

Thought Gerrard wasn't as bad as people are making out - every time he got the ball he had to look to go back due to what I thought was a pretty poor supporting act from Henderson and Downing and a formation and tactical approach that isolated Suarez. Kuyt had a go but was wasteful on a few occasions and also suffered from short supply and people not wanting to apply his level of effort to the cause.

Not knee-jerking on this but I just can't see what good anybody can see that Henderson and Downing bring to the team. Henderson for me just plods and passes to the person next to him no matter what - it's as if he has just been handed a live grenade everytime he gets the ball. Just a really, really average player no matter how you dress it up.

Best to forget this one and move on - they were better than us today because they wanted it that bit more and didn't make any silly mistakes.

The Other Stuff:

Unreal that Kenny wasn't told that the handshake didn't take place regardless of who didn't shake who's hand. He was spot on about Sky though and was right to have a pop at that smart arsed tw*t Shreeves.

I can't believe how many people took so long to recognise that Evra pulled his hand back slightly, let Suarez go past and then acted the tw*t. I was onto it straight away. Sly b***ard he is. TBH though I don't think Ferdinand's snub was pre-meditated - I think he just assumed Suarez ignored Evra and then ignored him.
      Evra's celebrating near Suarez right in front of the crowd at the end trying to gauge a reaction and his grab of the arm at the handshake were both seen by Dowd and should be reported. I won't hold my breath.

And that tw*t Ferguson is just comedy gold.

Quote: "Suarez is a disgrace to Liverpool Football Club," said United manager Ferguson. "He should not be allowed to play for Liverpool again. He could have caused a riot."

So you should not play for your club again if you:

Suarez Is In The Right...Evra is a Trouble Maker...Suarez Evra Handshake

But this is okay then?

Roy Keane Ends HÃ¥land's Career In Manchester Derby

Or even a little bit of this?

Eric Cantona's kung fu Kick

F**k off Ferguson you bad, bad bell whiffer!!!  :action-smiley-055:
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #802: Feb 11, 2012 07:59:26 pm
      No one likes us, we don´t care. F**k the others, someday theres gonna be a day when Mancs will fall and we take back our perch. And F**k yeah how i celebrate it then. But until then... lets support our club, hold our heads up high and show that we are still the best and passionate fans in the world. YNWA !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #803: Feb 11, 2012 08:05:38 pm
      So... still 4 points off 4th then.

Plenty of games to go. 

Thought the ref had quite a decent game today.  It wasn't a particularly explosive LFC-Man Utd game football wise, bit like the other two games this season actually. 

Quality of our final ball today was nowhere near as good as it was.  Didn't think United were much of a threat, but they just came out after the break a bit sharper.   Two goal cushion gave them the ability to get everyone behind the ball and we maybe scored our first goal a little bit too late in the game to get the point.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #804: Feb 11, 2012 08:20:19 pm
      What is about us that doesn't work?
      Tottenham welcome back Arry and thrash Newcastle, we welcome back Luis and we get 1 point in 2 games, we never use the occasion to get us 3 points do we?

We also fu**ed up tactically, they were there for the taking today we had to go long ball to Andy first 20 minutes and sh*t the life out of their defence and dodgy keeper.

Quick Reply