Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Picture evidence that Suarez DID offer to shake Evra's hand

Read 26564 times
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: Picture evidence that Suarez DID offer to shake Evra's hand
      Reply #92: Feb 12, 2012 05:54:17 am

A proper handshake with both hands were put in a nearly 90 degree angle

This is not a proper handshake. The lying t**t retracted his hand back when Suarez was trying to engage a handshake. It suggested that Evra really wanted Suarez to apologize by mean to take his hand and shake it.  When you in a hesitation mode, you tend to withdraw your hand back and let the party who you think wronged you to take you hand, and this was what Evra's trying to do. A normal handshake like in the first picture was made in true spirit of sportsmanship but in this picture Evra was trying to reaffirm his stand that Suarez is indeed guilty and he should offer the handshake.

Suarez on the other hand did reach out in the normal manner of a natural handshake, but with Evra retracted hand suggested that he never really wanted to do it. So the best thing was to continue with the next man and suggesting that Suarez never felt that he was the wrong party and need not to grab Evra's hand as Evra never wanted to. Realizing that Suarez didn't react the way he wanted, he tried to create a situation that Suarez didn't want to shake his hand.

What i'm trying to say is there's no point in shaking the hand of people who never wanted to do the same. Harry Redknapp felt it was not important

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp: Pre-match handshake is not important
      Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted that he feels players shaking hands before matches is not important and only leads to unnecessary fallouts.

This comes after Luis Suarez refused to shake hands with Patrice Evra before Manchester Unitedā€™s home clash with Liverpool on Saturday, a game that saw the striker make his first start following an eight-game ban after being found guilty of racially abusing the Frenchman last October.

ā€œI think we've had a few problems with it,ā€ Redknapp stated regarding pre-match handshakes.

ā€œI think players shake hands at the end of the game and they should shake hands. But before the game it's not something I personally think is that important.

ā€œI think it's become a problem, it's not the first one. It's probably the third incident we've had. Every time there's a big fallout and we don't need that, really.

ā€œWe've all fallen out with people, but I've never had somebody I wouldn't want to shake hands with. But it's up to the individual. You knew today was going to be a problem ā€“ the problem was going to be highlighted and it was.ā€

Redknapp also praised his Tottenham side following their 5-0 win over Newcastle United, reserving special praise for strike duo Emmanuel Adebayor and Louis Saha.

Then bla bla bla
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/11/2900499/tottenham-manager-harry-redknapp-pre-match-handshake-is-not

Mark Lawrenson said farcial forced handshakes should be scrapped
      Why farcical forced pre-match handshakes should be scrapped
      The pre-match handshake is a meaningless farce and should be scrapped.

You shake the hand of an opponent one minute and are trying to get him sent off by waving an imaginary card at the ref the next.

Managers should shake hands at the end of matches, as an example to everyone.

And it should not be with a grip like a limp lettuce or without looking at the man you are shaking hands with. Do it like you mean

The procession of players shaking hands has come into our game via the Champions League then become accepted.

Itā€™s a nonsense, yet so much focus will be on Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra today as to whether they shake hands.

That completely misses the point.

If they both line up, shake hands then get on with the game, what sort of statement has that made? Absolutely none.

If it is insincere. Done without feeling. It is meaningless.

If Suarez seeks out Evra on the pitch and shakes his hand spontaneously, then that is a proper gesture.

That would mean he has gone out of his way to move on from what has become a very unsavoury affair.

It might not stop the two sets of fans abusing their heroes' opponents, but it would mean something, rather than being forced by a silly ritual.

Handshakes have been put into the spotlight by Suarez and Evra, John Terry and others.

Terry was snubbed by Wayne Bridge after an alleged affair with his former team-mateā€™s ex-partner.

Then the handshake line-up was abandoned when Chelsea met QPR last month following the fall-out of the Terry and Anton Ferdinand case.

I thought that was the right thing to do - if the players donā€™t mean it, why do it?

Another example springs to mind ā€“ Samir Nasri refusing to shake his former Arsenal team-mate William Gallasā€™ hand. If they donā€™t get on, why pretend?

Itā€™s far more important to shake hands at the end of the game, which that would be sincere rather than lame PR.

Managers are the key people in this. Thatā€™s why no one likes to see a manager wave an imaginary card.

Suarez has been at the centre of the storm for so long and it is time to move on, even if Liverpool still find it hard to accept the punishment.

The ban, the constant talk about it, the rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester United all mean itā€™s something we canā€™t forget easily.

And the nature of the case ensured the authorities would take strong action and set an example.

Now, having served his punishment, Suarez and Liverpool need to put it behind them.

To that end, Suarez should seek out Evra and shake his hand. Just imagine how much respect people would give him for that?

But only if he means it.

Not in an empty pre-match procession that counts for nothing.
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/mark-lawrenson/Mark-Lawrenson-column-Why-farcical-forced-pre-match-handshakes-should-be-scrapped-article863717.html

When the hell I become a handshake expert?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #93: Feb 12, 2012 06:06:10 am
      I'm just wondering when SKY and their fellow members of the gutter press will decide enough is enough with hyping up this none story.

Now what Lynsey Dalglish is talking about receiving death threats sent to her via twitter, mentioning her Dad, her Mum and LS will they now decide to act responsibly?

Will they wait further until either Luis Suarez, his wife and his daughter begin to get them in the post, (I bet he's had them on twitter already) or Patrice Evra and his family receive them as well.

At what point do they say 'enough is enough' and focus on talking about football again?
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #94: Feb 12, 2012 07:14:47 am
      There's a page on facebook We All Hate Patrice Evra.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #95: Feb 12, 2012 07:50:34 am
      Some of the so called pundits and commentators from BBC

Former Liverpool defender Alan Hansen said on the BBC's Match of the Day: "The rhetoric from both clubs before the game was restraint. Liverpool said there would be a handshake so for Suarez to snub Evra is totally unacceptable. Liverpool have given Suarez total support through thick and thin and I think he's Kenny down, he's let the club down and he's let himself down."

Former Newcastle and England striker Alan Shearer told the BBC's Match of the Day: "Kenny [Dalglish] is fiercely loyal but Suarez has let him down. This should have been the start of the end. I totally disagree with Suarez not shaking his hand. Evra puts his hand out - and then Ferdinand chooses not to shake [Suarez's hand]. It's not a great day for football." On Evra's post-match celebration, he added: "There was no need for Evra to do that in front of Suarez, who keeps calm."

Former Liverpool striker John Barnes said on ESPN: "When I saw it live and they didn't shake hands, it just amazed me. I can't imagine after everything that has gone on this week that this was not discussed by Liverpool in terms of are they going to shake hands or not.

"It's a big shock and was compounded by Evra at the end [celebrating near Suarez] and then Sir Alex Ferguson. It's not a good day from a PR perspective for either club."

However, Barnes also insisted too much had been made of the whole row between the players, adding: "For me, we are making a mountain out of a molehill. There are worse things happening in the world."

Former Liverpool striker Kevin Keegan was unimpressed by Ferguson's call for Liverpool to sell Suarez, insisting both clubs have behaved badly over the issue: "To come out [like Sir Alex Ferguson] and say a player shouldn't play for another club that you have no control of, I think is wrong. Instead of calming this down, they've allowed it to escalate.

"They are the two biggest clubs in this country in terms of winning things and I think both clubs at different times have handled it badly, I think Liverpool in the beginning very badly.

"Today was a chance to say to the player, 'Shake his hand and get on with it', and then there's nothing to say. Then Evra after the game, why would he want to do that? He's won his case, the guy's got a lengthy ban, just keep quiet. You've won the game."

However, former Tottenham and Stoke striker Garth Crooks, speaking on the BBC's Final Score, said he felt the blame lies with Liverpool, saying: "This has left a sour taste. Liverpool have had numerous opportunities to draw a line under this. Today was an opportunity to do it and they blew it.

"It's a real shame. I don't accept Kenny Dalglish saying he does want to talk about it. What does that mean? Does he agree with it?"

BBC pundit Steve Claridge told Final Score: "I'm with Sir Alex, here. It was a poor way to behave and he [Suarez] has made himself out to be a villain.

"To shake someone's hand before a game is to wipe the slate clean. To not do that is not acceptable behaviour."

Former Liverpool defender John Scales told BBC Radio 5 live : "It's incredibly disappointing. We all expected a handshake - Sir Alex Ferguson did, Kenny Dalglish did - and it took everyone by shock."

However, Scales also insisted that Evra's behaviour helped to inflame the situation. "There are certain players who have real control of their emotions and I think Patrice Evra is quite a volatile character. That celebration at the end of the game was overdone," he added.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #96: Feb 12, 2012 08:17:10 am
      I still can't comprehend some people saying that Suarez didn't offer his hand.    Look at the still shots. He clearly has his hand out to Evra. When Evra didn't raise his hand up, Suarez kept moving and went to De Gea.

It makes me cringe whenever I see this thread. Soxfan, we have the benefit of video footage that we can watch time and time again so why do you insist on posting stills to back up your opinion? Watch the footage and you will see that regardless of the position of anyone's hand, Suarez does not slow at all and skips straight to the next player, it is impossible to see the speed from still shots.
      It's one thing backing our players but this is just blatant denial and totally negates any previous arguments we've put forward in support of Suarez. Accept that he made no attempt to shake the little c**t's hand and then move on to deciding whether you want to back him in that decision.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #97: Feb 12, 2012 08:38:25 am
      Picture evidence that Rio did offer to extend his...
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #98: Feb 12, 2012 10:11:28 am
       This should never off became an issue, we should of handled things better straight after the Suarez was accused of racist language

This could of all been put to bed quickly and quietly if Suarez had said sorry for "using language which might be mistaken as racist"

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #99: Feb 12, 2012 10:19:03 am
      I think this issue is getting way overboard

F*ck Evra, F*ck the Mancs and F*ck Sir Alex Ferguson.

Let's just concentrate on football
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #100: Feb 12, 2012 10:43:44 am
      This should never off became an issue, we should of handled things better straight after the Suarez was accused of racist language

This could of all been put to bed quickly and quietly if Suarez had said sorry for "using language which might be mistaken as racist"

Doesn't make sense - had he said that after the game the FA would have launched an enquiry and we'd have ended up in same place. We defended him because we believed him he was telling the truth.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #101: Feb 12, 2012 11:10:10 am
      I wish Luis had of just dropped to his knees and cracked Evra in the bollocks. Whole new ball game then.
      kornwall02
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts |
      Reply #102: Feb 12, 2012 11:17:37 am
      luis never went to shake evra's hand. anyone thinking he did is seeing the picture wrong. luis deliberately went from the kid/mascott to de gea, the pictures just show the moment luis hand went past evra to de geas. evra didnt hold his hand back, luis just didnt want to shake that pricks hand which is understandable, i personally wouldnt piss on evra if he was on fire......might do a sh*t tho!! haha
      the better evidence is in the actual video footage.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,371 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #103: Feb 12, 2012 11:24:23 am

That hand is not out to be shaken

thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Reply #104: Feb 12, 2012 11:27:17 am
      You know the saying "When you're in a hole, stop digging" - well, if there's an equivalent in Spanish Suarez needs to take it on board immediately and stop embarrassing LFC.

Before the FA Cup tie, KK said he wanted the only post-match conversation to be about football. It was. What a difference this time.  If the player misled his manager about what he intended to do about the hand-shake, he should be disciplined.  As I've said before, no individual is bigger than the club.

I can just imagine how John Henry and co., who understand the implications of reputational risk, feel about this.

Don't be surprised if the FA take an interest in this.
      RedWilly

• 9,219 posts | 1646 
      Reply #105: Feb 12, 2012 12:40:21 pm
      You know the saying "When you're in a hole, stop digging" - well, if there's an equivalent in Spanish Suarez needs to take it on board immediately and stop embarrassing LFC.

Before the FA Cup tie, KK said he wanted the only post-match conversation to be about football. It was. What a difference this time.  If the player misled his manager about what he intended to do about the hand-shake, he should be disciplined.  As I've said before, no individual is bigger than the club.

I can just imagine how John Henry and co., who understand the implications of reputational risk, feel about this.

What are they gonna do? Ban him for another 8 games for not shaking his hand?

Why should Luis shake that cu*ts hand, the man has ruined his reputation and his a massive c**t. It's a hollow gesture, they clearly F***ing despise each other, so why bother shaking hands? It's just the media hyping it up again, it's just a F***ing hand shake, and Luis didn't want to make some pathetic gesture of 'respect' to a man he clearly has no respect for.

There's another saying 'if you want respect you have to earn it'. Maybe Evra should take that on board?
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #106: Feb 12, 2012 12:43:28 pm

The thing is, its just a handshake. It's happened in the past. But why are the media so focused on this handshake? I thought Evra shouldve kept it professional. But then again, Suarez shouldve shook his hand for a clean start. However, I believe that neither Suarez or Evra wanted to shake each others hands.

If the FA come in, they should take action on Fergies post match conference. Anything other than that, theyre just sucking off Fergie. If other leagues, even the A-league (Australia ;D), can sort out this rubbish, i don't see why the FA cant.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #107: Feb 12, 2012 12:54:32 pm
      That hand is not out to be shaken

Indeed it is.

Suarez's hand was in a consistent height and was in a hand shaking state.

Evra's hand was consistent until Suarez and his hand was not in a handshaking state when Suarez's had was there.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #108: Feb 12, 2012 12:59:24 pm
      Meh, just watch the video, it's clear Suarez didn't want to shake his hand. There's no need to hide from that fact.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #109: Feb 12, 2012 01:02:00 pm
      Meh, just watch the video, it's clear Suarez didn't want to shake his hand. There's no need to hide from that fact.

Agree, but Pepe stepped on and guide the manc c**t away. Plus Phil Dowd then started having words aswell.

Did you notice that when Luis ran off to warm up Evra went back for seconds!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,371 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #110: Feb 12, 2012 01:05:55 pm
      Indeed it is.

Suarez's hand was in a consistent height and was in a hand shaking state.

Evra's hand was consistent until Suarez and his hand was not in a handshaking state when Suarez's had was there.

Look at De Geas hand next to him, thats an extended hand for a shake, evras isnt or if it is its a pathetic effort, which I wouldnt put past him to purposely flare the situation.

Look at the picture. Look at the difference in his hand level
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2012 01:38:52 pm by Brian78 »
      vaughan
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #111: Feb 12, 2012 01:39:24 pm
      Can't help but feel outrageous over how the whole issue is being overhyped by the media. Nobody took a pause to actualy try and find out what really happened, instead they just jump to critisize and debase Luis as if they have a co'ordinated agenda against him and the club. It's like they are all in it with the Mancs and the Evras and all and they won't stop until they have him down and out. What did we ever do to them these bloody devils. So what if he didn't shake his hand, he didn't want to after all that the bartard did to him. And thats not what even hapened from the evidence presented here. Am totaly engulfed by hatred right now
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8684 
      Reply #112: Feb 12, 2012 01:44:18 pm

Or maybe Evra and Ferguson should of apologised for blowing things totally out of proportion and totally F***ing lying about using words that were never said.

Why be a shithouse about it? F**k the manc cu*ts

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8684 
      Reply #113: Feb 12, 2012 01:47:14 pm

F**k how anyone else feels why the F**k should Suarez shake that cu*ts hand if he feels Evra lied. And what about the F***ing game Evra was playing yesterday, you've seen the pictures, that lying manc c**t lowers his hand as Suarez approaches.

And again I say F**k the FA!!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #114: Feb 12, 2012 01:48:59 pm
      F**k how anyone else feels why the f**k should Suarez shake that cu*ts hand if he feels Evra lied.

I think most of us are aware about the whole 'why should he'.  I think the bigger point here is that IF he had told Kenny and the club he would shake hands and then decided not to, then he's shafted Kenny.

IF, and again we don't know whether that is the case, then he was bang out of order.

Quick Reply