Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

When YNWA does not mean never.

Read 3201 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      When YNWA does not mean never.
      Feb 12, 2012 05:22:31 pm
      A bit shocked and saddened to see the news today although I will not say I am overly surprised in the end with what transpired. I think Evra's tepid reaction to Luis's attempt at a handshake and whiskey nose's after match comments were a set-up from the world go and we got sucked right into it. I personally thought that Luis should have stuck his hand out and not moved an inch until the cu*t responded, would have made Evra look like the fck he is in front of the whole world had he not quickly reciprocated.

Standard Charter came out right after all of this happened and said they did not think the club nor the player were racist, I think we all agreed and still agree with that sentiment this morning. The issue is this, while it is a noble thing to say we stick together and we don't care what anybody else says we in fact need to care.

There is a line where our sponsors have a line drawn, and if that line is crossed then we are well and truly fckd. We look at it as an US vs. Scum/FA; I doubt Standard Charter, Warrior or any other of our sponsors have the same mentality as the supporters. Any marketing contract is going to have built in clauses regarding player/club conduct and while I am not happy about our actions as a supporter the club needs to watch how far all of this goes.

Imagine trying to be in negotiations with  a naming partner for a new stadium and expecting them to plop out 150M while the entire football comummity (sans us) are on our backs regarding issues of race. As much as we like to think we are one of a kind to a company like Standard Charter or Coca Cola or any huge corporation the risk of being associated with us if this thing continued to spiral out of control would not be worth they're time.

Once again we stand behind the player but up to the point of what? Until the Anfield signage starts looking like the blue noses?

Is Luis a racist? NO

Is there an unmitigated bias against us? Absolutely

We all as husbands, wives and members of society have to do things that we don't want to do. There is not one person on this board that hasn't had to bite the bullet for job, family or friends and do something that we don't want to do but we do it anyway. That is what yesterday was, it was a grit your teeth bite the bullet and stand there until the cu*t stuck his hand out moment.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,737 posts | 7170 
      Re: When YNWA does not mean never.
      Reply #1: Feb 12, 2012 05:24:48 pm
      For me the fans come first second and always.If we were in the lower leagues I would still support Liverpool would the sponsors
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2012 05:26:57 pm
      All well and good AZ but if and when the Club stated wholehearted support to Luis they should have damned well made sure that the mud didn't stick.

They didn't and now they want to distance themselves for the sake of the Clubs image.

Not good enough in my eyes mate.

You make a stand, you stick to it!
      AZPatriot
      • Started Topic

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2012 05:36:08 pm
      All well and good AZ but if and when the Club stated wholehearted support to Luis they should have damned well made sure that the mud didn't stick.

They didn't and now they want to distance themselves for the sake of the Clubs image.

Not good enough in my eyes mate.

You make a stand, you stick to it!

Takes 2 to tango Deb, the whole issues was supposed to be over and done with yesterday yet it is still here. Was Kenny supposed to go out with Luis and make sure it happened by lifting his arm for him until the c*nt reciprocated?

I'm not saying I not disappointed in this mornings apologies but there is more than just standing by a player here.

Would be interesting to see the reaction if Monday mornings headlines were Standard Charter canceling their sponsorship effective immediately.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #4: Feb 12, 2012 05:36:51 pm
      we've all been sold out. we put our commercial interests ahead of our belief that luis was innocent from the get go.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,737 posts | 7170 
      Reply #5: Feb 12, 2012 05:38:08 pm
      the owners must align themselves with the supporters or they should not be here
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #6: Feb 12, 2012 05:39:27 pm
      Takes 2 to tango Deb, the whole issues was supposed to be over and done with yesterday yet it is still here. Was Kenny supposed to go out with Luis and make sure it happened by lifting his arm for him until the c*nt reciprocated?

I'm not saying I not disappointed in this mornings apologies but there is more than just standing by a player here.

Would be interesting to see the reaction if Monday mornings headlines were Standard Charter canceling their sponsorship effective immediately.

Behave lad, Standard Chartered won't be cancelling anything.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,737 posts | 7170 
      Reply #7: Feb 12, 2012 05:41:39 pm
      Behave lad, Standard Chartered won't be cancelling anything.
      No such thing as bad publicity.
      AZPatriot
      • Started Topic

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8: Feb 12, 2012 05:45:45 pm

You might be right Walton
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #9: Feb 12, 2012 05:53:21 pm
      What so the public won't buy Liverpool shirts anymore? It's been a long time coming but this whole thing will blow over. Asif one alleged incident is going to affect our reputation. F**k, theres been plenty of scandel's down the wrong end of the M62 over the years. Rio's drug test, Rooney's brass's, Gigg's shaggin his sister in law, kung fu cantona to name but a few. Yet they are still the f**king media darlings. It's a joke.

This thing will eventually be forgotten and I would imagine our sponser's will stick with us. Not that im overly arsed if they don't. There's plenty of companies out there that would pay big money to sponser Liverpool.
      AZPatriot
      • Started Topic

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10: Feb 12, 2012 05:56:30 pm
      By the time this season is over its going to feel like we have been through two. Be happy when Wembley gets here myself.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: Feb 12, 2012 06:58:29 pm

The whole issue wouldn't have gone this far if it had been dealt with properly by the Club on the day of the alleged racist incident. 

Either we back the player wholeheartedly from the off or we don't.  The whole scenario has been played out to the scums advantage and the owners have allowed that to happen. 

Hopefully they will learn from it and fight dirty in future disputes, not pussyfoot around bowing and scraping like we're f**king nobodies.

AZPatriot
      • Started Topic

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12: Feb 12, 2012 07:02:40 pm
      The whole issue wouldn't have gone this far if it had been dealt with properly by the Club on the day of the alleged racist incident. 

Either we back the player wholeheartedly from the off or we don't.  The whole scenario has been played out to the scums advantage and the owners have allowed that to happen. 

Hopefully they will learn from it and fight dirty in future disputes, not pussyfoot around bowing and scraping like we're f**king nobodies.

This absolutely Deb, mentioned the same thing in another thread. You simply cannot make a stand on an issue then back off when the heat gets a little to hot. They should have known this from the beginning and in the end the club ends up looking like two-faced idiots. They  got played by the press and the mancs like a fiddle and now we are stuck with a mess and quite possibly will end up losing one of our best players over it as well as our credibility with the rest of the squad.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Feb 12, 2012 07:07:02 pm
      This absolutely Deb, mentioned the same thing in another thread. You simply cannot make a stand on an issue then back off when the heat gets a little to hot. They should have known this from the beginning and in the end the club ends up looking like two-faced idiots. They  got played by the press and the mancs like a fiddle and now we are stuck with a mess and quite possibly will end up losing one of our best players over it as well as our credibility with the rest of the squad.

It hasn't done us any favours in potential new recruits either mate.
      AZPatriot
      • Started Topic

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #14: Feb 12, 2012 07:14:37 pm
      It hasn't done us any favours in potential new recruits either mate.

Nope we are fcking ourselves in every hole, ownership needs to come out with something very quickly or the hole they dig for themselves will get so deep they will get swallowed up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Feb 12, 2012 07:18:50 pm
      You'll Never Walk Alone until you appear in the New York Times.

Quick Reply