Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool v Brighton 19 February 2012, KO: 16:30

Read 12148 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Liverpool v Brighton 19 February 2012, KO: 16:30
      Reply #69: Feb 18, 2012 12:07:38 pm
      Question is do you play the likes of Gerrard and Bellamy with their injury concerns with the Wembley game coming up? Think we can do without them but I'm happy either way.

Midfield 3 of Adam, Shelvey & Henderson - Although I don't like Adam as the holding player Brighton don't strike me as a counter attacking team, if they use a patient, passing build up we shouldn't need a purely defensive midfielder. Suarez is a shoe-in to start to build up his fitness and I think he'll start alongside Carroll to see how they play together ahead of next week. Could guess all day as to who the third front man will be - Just hope Downing gets his well deserved kick out of the team sheet.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #70: Feb 18, 2012 12:56:00 pm
      Racer :  Lets Get Down To Business.

Exactimo.

3 - 0
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #71: Feb 18, 2012 10:14:02 pm
      who  do  you think
      man ure
      shitty city
      and
      arse
      will get in the next  round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #72: Feb 18, 2012 11:46:31 pm
                     Pepe

Kelly  Carra  Skrtel   Robinson

Gerrard Spearing Adam

Maxi     Carroll   Suarez

Hopefully put the game to bed early on so we can sub the likes of Stevie and Suarez and maybe give some younger lads a run out in the 2nd half.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #73: Feb 19, 2012 12:43:09 am
                     Pepe

Kelly  Carra  Skrtel   Robinson

Gerrard Spearing Adam

Maxi     Carroll   Suarez

Hopefully put the game to bed early on so we can sub the likes of Stevie and Suarez and maybe give some younger lads a run out in the 2nd half.

That'll do me as well Kelv, hopefuly when we're cruising in the second half, give a couple of the youngsters a taste of Anfield, big crowd and winning will spur them on.

Looking forward to yet another trip to Anfield, better get some beauty sleep before the big match, be good to have a confident win to send us to Wembley on a high.

Not underestimating Brighton though, I'm sure they'll be well up for this match, I just hope it's a good spectacle for the fans.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #74: Feb 19, 2012 01:50:56 am
      I'd play a full strength team if possible. Kelly and Shelvey would be the only youngsters I would play, even if you would call them that now.

Can't underestimate Brighton, after all they are in the 5th round, like us, for a reason.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #75: Feb 19, 2012 01:52:52 am
      I'd go with Kelvo's team and bring Shelvey, Hendo and Bellers on as subs. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Going to a birthday meal for my Cousins 18th at half 12, I really hope that I will be back in time to watch this.

Come on you Reds! :scarf:
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #76: Feb 19, 2012 03:28:33 am
      Really looking forward to this game, its been a long week it seems with all the anti-liverpool stuff that has been going on in all the papers so it will be good to finally get back down to what were great at, playing football.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #77: Feb 19, 2012 04:05:39 am
      I'll be happy just to see a win. Don't care how we get it as long as we're in the next round.

Chelsea and Spurs will be the two toughest teams left in it and I fancy our chances against them. Though I'd prefer to get Chelsea to Spurs right now.
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2012 04:52:59 am by Barnes10 »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #78: Feb 19, 2012 06:23:57 am
      watching norwich and chelsea just made me much more excited and a wee bit nervous for our game tonight!! we should be too fast and too skilful and too damn strong to lose to this lot!

mark these words - we'll have goals at half time! I'm not being greedy I think we're ready to pounce. I can't wait to see the starting XI - Maxi will probably make the bench and I think Suarez and Carroll will start this one. King Kenny's men will not let us down tonight.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #79: Feb 19, 2012 07:48:53 am
      Just heading off for this one shortly! Looks like decent footy weather fro the match and drive up so proper excited :-)

I hope Kenny plays his strongest team and I fancy us to win it 2-0. Come on Redmen.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #80: Feb 19, 2012 08:47:30 am
      Dalglish shakes off Suarez storm as Liverpool prepare to host Brighton

By Joe Bernstein - Mail Online
      Last updated at 12:49 AM on 19th February 2012

Liverpool and Kenny Dalglish will have the chance to persuade the world it is business as usual against Brighton at Anfield on Sunday just a week after Luis Suarez’s refusal to shake Patrice Evra’s hand provided unwanted headlines.

On a personal level, Dalglish is keen to put last weekend’s events in some context. ‘My wife, Marina, has not left me. She is still there, so I’m quite happy,’ he said.

‘Everybody is just concentrating on Sunday’s game. Everything has been dealt with and we’ve moved on, concentrating on the football and making sure our minds are fully focused on getting through the next round of the cup.

‘It [Suarez-Evra] hasn’t been mentioned in training. We just concentrate on the football. If we didn’t do that, we’d be letting down an awful lot of people who love this football club and we’ve no intention of doing that.

‘It’s business as usual for us, although that doesn’t take away our appreciation for the support we have here. The fans will be fantastic tomorrow. It’s an FA Cup tie, and the boys know what is in front of them. I’m sure we will see a fantastic occasion and Brighton will bring a few — they are a decent side.

‘We’ve played them already in the Carling Cup and we had a difficult game. They are just off the play-offs and they had a fantastic result in the last round against Newcastle.’

Dalglish will be tempted to select Suarez, given that the Uruguayan scored his first goal since his eight-game ban in the 2-1 defeat at Manchester United last weekend, and goals have been in short supply at Anfield
      this season.

Dalglish is realistic enough to know Liverpool are not ready yet to challenge the two Manchester clubs for the Premier League, so
      the cup competitions are extremely important, even if he acknowledges they do not carry the same significance as they did in his first spell when Liverpool won two epic Merseyside finals in the FA Cup and won the
      League Cup four times in a row.

‘I don’t think there is the same importance for the cup competitions that people felt in the past. You see that with attendances, and some of that is down to the expense. The league is the priority for most of the supporters if you asked them. If you get to the final, it’s fantastic. They’d rather win the league or save themselves from relegation than win the cup.

‘We’ve been able to field really strong teams in the cup competitions this season because we have a strong squad. Whatever team goes out on Sunday should be good enough to compete in the game.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2103149/Luis-Suarez-longer-issue-says-Kenny-Dalglish.html#ixzz1mobCB7e5
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #81: Feb 19, 2012 08:52:22 am
      Brighton are decent but we should be putting them away. Fancy a 3 nil here today. I fully expect a display after last week.

Not going to predict a team. But please give the boys an atmosphere to play in.

A show of support to Kenny and Luis and hopefully the Kop remember the support Gus Poyet gave Luis and they thank him
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #82: Feb 19, 2012 08:52:34 am
      Think Kenny will go balls to the wall here, great chance to win this comp if we  take it seriously, anyone if there is a mid-week game??? if not defo full strength team, everyon ewill be trying to impress for a final spot, come on Red men
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #83: Feb 19, 2012 09:02:55 am
      anyone if there is a mid-week game???

Nope, our next game is the cup final.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #84: Feb 19, 2012 09:29:37 am
      I'd go...

Reina

Kelly    Carragher   Coates  Robinson

Gerrard   Spearing   Shelvey

Maxi       Carroll      Suarez

As Kelvo said, so long as we get a few early goals, we can sub Suarez, Gerrard and maybe even Spearing and bring on the likes of Kuyt, Henderson, Adam etc.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #85: Feb 19, 2012 09:40:43 am
      This ESPN only?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #86: Feb 19, 2012 09:52:08 am
      Can't wait for this.

Nice to be actually able to talk about footy. Come on you lads, let's take the weeks frustrations out on this lot. Going for a 3 nil win to us.

Just want to be in the next round, especially after yesterdays results. Another Cup coming our way hopefully, this is just another stepping stone we need to get over.

COYR.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #87: Feb 19, 2012 09:54:12 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #88: Feb 19, 2012 10:11:20 am
      On a personal level Dalglish is keen to put last weeks events into some context - "My wife Marina has not left me, she is still here so I am quite happy," said Kenny

Don't you just love the man?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #89: Feb 19, 2012 10:40:59 am

Well there goes me "no drinking this weekend" plan
      MsGerrard
      Reply #90: Feb 19, 2012 11:04:28 am
      I'm about to set off for the match, enjoy the game everyone and

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDMEN !!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #91: Feb 19, 2012 11:17:49 am
      I'm about to set off for the match, enjoy the game everyone and

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDMEN !!

Belt yer wee heart oot MsG, i want to hear yer voice above everyone else's,  :lmao:
      it's back to winning ways today, can see a top performance from the Redmen against the Seagulls, venting their frustration in a 4-0 thrashing, Suarez 2, Carroll 1,and Bellers 1,

IKWT     YNWA

Quick Reply