Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Reina
      0 (0%)
      Johnson
      1 (0.6%)
      Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      14 (7.7%)
      Enrique
      7 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      5 (2.8%)
      Adam
      1 (0.6%)
      Downing
      30 (16.6%)
      Carroll
      79 (43.6%)
      Suarez
      23 (12.7%)
      Bridcutt ;)
      21 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Liverpool 6-1 Brighton - FA Cup - Post Match Delight

Read 31940 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,538 posts | 1489 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Brighton - FA Cup
      Reply #437: Feb 19, 2012 06:43:25 pm
      Just got out the ground,great result and an even better performance,we played further up the park second half and this payed dividends.motm was downing for me,hope he continues to play like that till the end of the season( we can only hope).special mention for Enrique who was imense today,was chuffed for luis getting on the score sheet as he worked his socks off today like a lot of the players,the crowd was quiet. First half today which was a bit of a downer,but get  in reds.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #438: Feb 19, 2012 06:43:52 pm
      Damn it! 3 own goals?!

If it werent for them, i would have got my prediction right. ;D ;D

But made up with the win, on to the next round against Stoke.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #439: Feb 19, 2012 06:43:58 pm
      Great result! Thought Downing showed his real stuff today but think he can still improve if he starts going past players! MOTM for me!

Well played Andy and Suarez (shouldnt of taken pen even though Kenny called for him)!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #440: Feb 19, 2012 06:44:35 pm
      Whatever was said to Downing before this game, whatever he ate, whatever he wore, whatever he did needs to become a hardened ritual, because he looked a totally different player. My MOTM (I was tempted to give it to others, but while the game was actually in the balance, he was the one who stood out and made a difference).

And what more can be said about Suarez? He's a wonder on the ball. If he can improve his finishing he'll be unstoppable.

Good games from Carroll, the back four, and Adam. Gerrard had his moments, great and disappointing. He still looks a little sluggish to me, no doubt a side affect of his injury.

Only thing negative to say is about Hendo. I don't see the point of playing him on the right. Might as well start Kuyt or Maxi.

He is the future, and every minute he plays he will learn and improve, Kuyt/Maxi are the past. It might be just what the staff is thinking, that and the fact that he can outpace Kuyt for 90 minutes all day long.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,495 posts | 232 
      Reply #441: Feb 19, 2012 06:44:42 pm
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #442: Feb 19, 2012 06:44:48 pm
      Best:
      Lua Lua (he got around Johnno almost every time. Should turn into a very good player if he works on his delivery)
      Carroll (one of his best displays in a Liverpool shirt, surprised he didn't get a yellow for all the whining)
      Worst:
      Brezovan (what a shaky performance for his age)
      Adam / Hendo (showed absolutely nothing)

What's the use of giving the likes of Maxi and Kuyt a 20 minute run-out when you can give that opportunity to some talent from the academy though?
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #443: Feb 19, 2012 06:45:18 pm
      Super result, however I have to disagree with P25 here, several mistakes, bad passes and lack of ambition to chase down and defend. Would much prefer a fit Maxi on the wing than Hendo.
      LACK OF AN AMBITION TO CHASE DOWN AND DEFEND! F***ing bullshit. Everytime he's played this season he's covers the most yards out of any LFC player. Stop trying to pick bad points out of a thoroughly impressive victory. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #444: Feb 19, 2012 06:45:31 pm

Will do A-Zee... I'm going to enroll in 'Sour b***ard 101' tomorrow  ;D
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #445: Feb 19, 2012 06:46:19 pm
      Anfield Streaker @AnfieldStreaker
      I feel sorry for Liam Bridcutt, he was on a hattrick and yet Luis Suarez was asked to take the penalty.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #446: Feb 19, 2012 06:47:42 pm
      Will do A-Zee... I'm going to enroll in 'Sour B***ard 101' tomorrow  ;D

Save me a seat will ya, we can have a bi*ch fest about the subject matter and complain about the instructor after each class, would be great fun and make our lives more complete.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #447: Feb 19, 2012 06:48:21 pm
      Hendo was ok for me, not outstanding but didn't warrant to get any slacking. His movement was ok, he contributed but he's just not suited to the right flank, that's all.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #448: Feb 19, 2012 06:48:58 pm
      LACK OF AN AMBITION TO CHASE DOWN AND DEFEND! f**king bullshit. Everytime he's played this season he's covers the most yards out of any LFC player. Stop trying to pick bad points out of a thoroughly impressive victory. 

Agree with this, not his natural position but if every player played with his energy and pace we would run the competition out of air @60 minute mark every match.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #449: Feb 19, 2012 06:52:23 pm

Only thing negative to say is about Hendo. I don't see the point of playing him on the right. Might as well start Kuyt or Maxi.

Well, let me tell you this, him being played on the right will help his development in a couple of years.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #450: Feb 19, 2012 06:53:56 pm
      He is the future, and every minute he plays he will learn and improve, Kuyt/Maxi are the past. It might be just what the staff is thinking, that and the fact that he can outpace Kuyt for 90 minutes all day long.

He's the future in the middle. Not on the wing. In an FA cup tie I'll just suck it up and deal, because we outclass Brighton anyways. But when we are wrangling for position in the league I don't see the value in playing him out of position when he's as ineffective as he is.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #451: Feb 19, 2012 06:54:19 pm

F**k that mate... can't be seen to be having fun.  >:D

On topic: Six F***ing one a week before a Cup Final - YEEHA!
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #452: Feb 19, 2012 06:54:30 pm
      LACK OF AN AMBITION TO CHASE DOWN AND DEFEND! f**king bullshit. Everytime he's played this season he's covers the most yards out of any LFC player. Stop trying to pick bad points out of a thoroughly impressive victory. 

Calm down dear, I can and will do whatever I like mate. I'm chuffed, I just happen to disagree with you.

Really encouraged by Downing today, far better in nearly every aspect (still a tendency to get drawn into the middle though).
      Carrol/Suarez - That's the kind of goal I've been hoping for, Andy knocking balls back into dangerous areas.
      Suarez - crackin' performance considering he'll still be sharpening up after his spell off the pitch, was instrumental in several of the goals. Once again, mesmerising control of the ball (particularly in the penalty area for the Johnson header/own goal).
      Gerrard - really enjoyed seeing the 2 styles of play being used to catch B&HA - he played Suarez in with enticing passes every so often, then out of nowhere smacked in a powerful cross for Carroll to get on the end of.
      Enrique - the man is a god, can't get enough of his power/control/pace.
      Mostly good performances, was hoping Kuyt would get on the score-sheet, did well to win the penalty.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #453: Feb 19, 2012 06:55:41 pm
      And that is what happens when a team tries to attack at Anfield
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #454: Feb 19, 2012 06:57:24 pm
      He may cover the most ground but he dose F**k all else one of the reasons are mid field is so uncrative
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #455: Feb 19, 2012 06:57:45 pm
      Brighton were no great shakes but you still have to make them pay, and we sure did that. Thought we played at a really good pace and looked threatening when we went forward, committing a good number forward in attacks. With Luis in the side our play is faster and more direct. But also Andy is starting to show signs of form, you can see the kind of trouble he can cause in the box. So, another great result in the cup, just need to see them do something similar in the league ...
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #456: Feb 19, 2012 06:57:47 pm
      Calm down dear, I can and will do whatever I like mate. I'm chuffed, I just happen to disagree with you.

You can't disagree with me its a fact that he runs the most out of any LFC player. How ignorant are you?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #457: Feb 19, 2012 06:58:54 pm
      He's the future in the middle. Not on the wing. In an FA cup tie I'll just suck it up and deal, because we outclass Brighton anyways. But when we are wrangling for position in the league I don't see the value in playing him out of position when he's as ineffective as he is.

I believe Adryan's sentiment above is exactly the reason he plays in/out of position almost weekly. The more he is on the pitch the better, at least in the eyes of the manager/coaches.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #458: Feb 19, 2012 06:58:58 pm
      Someone fix the spelling of the players names for the vote please.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #459: Feb 19, 2012 06:58:59 pm
      He may cover the most ground but he dose f**k all else one of the reasons are mid field is so uncrative
      Did I dream that we won 6-1?   :roll:

Quick Reply