Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Martin Skrtel
      133 (49.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      107 (39.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      20 (7.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      2 (0.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (1.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      0 (0%)
      Pepe Reina
      0 (0%)
      Dan Agger
      3 (1.1%)
      Craig Bellamy
      0 (0%)
      Andy Carroll
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      1 (0.4%)
      Someone else?
      2 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 264

2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation

Read 65201 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: 2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation
      Reply #1127: Feb 26, 2012 08:34:35 pm
      Never thought we would miss Lucas as much as we have!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Re: 2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation
      Reply #1128: Feb 26, 2012 08:34:47 pm
      We won, my heart went  crazy and I was sweating like a pig all game   

This is similar to Birmingham in 2001, and I'm not surprised that we struggled to win this comfortably. We always put ourselves in those type of positions and Kudos to Cardiff for playing their heart out today. The same problems are still there for Liverpool, but we really don't want to talk about it right now, we won the carling cup which is a huge step and we are heading in a positive direction for more success in the future.

Great win, Kudos to Downing and Skrtel for having a brilliant game.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!!! F*CK YAAA
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #1129: Feb 26, 2012 08:34:48 pm
      6 years without a trophy. We're back. I've only logged on the last 10 minutes and already i'm sick of the negative sh*t i'm reading. FFS we've just won a trophy. F**k off with all the criticism, and overwhelming sentiment for Cardiff. Yeah they were good, but their defenders stood out only cause it was non stop attack from us.
      People have bad games, people have good games. I'd like to congratulate all the Liverpool players today, and not just the ones who made an appearence today. Think back to Kellys winner in Stamford bridge or other games throughout the year. It's been a squad effort. We would have liked to batter them and win 3-0, but we didn't. Get over it and leave the micro analysis for tomorrow. Tonight is PARTY TIME BABY!!!!!
      This all day long  :action-smiley-035:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1130: Feb 26, 2012 08:34:51 pm
      Lucas in amongst the celebrations in the dressing rooms.
      Delighted.
      Those were some great moments too.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1131: Feb 26, 2012 08:35:42 pm
      Delighted with win, Skrtel man of the match for me. Any reason Johnson is not in man of the match table he was miles better than Enrique today. In general it was a very poor team performance some really poor individual performance. But a win is a win and its a long time since we won something so im not going to get negative about individual players.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1132: Feb 26, 2012 08:36:17 pm
      I'm happy as F**k not just for the result but i also won £125 betting on us to score next in extra time and then to win on penalties  ;D. I thought Skrtel and Downing were quality today, didn't think much of Henderson's performance but he'll learn. Personally i don't see how he is ever a wide player.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #1133: Feb 26, 2012 08:36:41 pm
       :drinking: :kop5cf8koxp6: :666: :action-smiley-035: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1134: Feb 26, 2012 08:38:00 pm
      It"s always a drama with us, i suppose we have to give the media something to yatter about, i was listening to a reporter talking to Carra after the match asking him how he felt not being 1st choice and was he feeling nostalgic that he may never play at Wembley anymore. I hate the media , it"s always a half empty glass attitude when they speak about us.Kenny has won silverware for us in his first full season in charge and they"re all shitting themselves .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1135: Feb 26, 2012 08:40:43 pm
      Any reason Johnson is not in man of the match table he was miles better than Enrique today.

Someone else ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #1136: Feb 26, 2012 08:40:48 pm
      Never thought we would miss Lucas as much as we have!

Missed him so much that we won a trophy!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1137: Feb 26, 2012 08:42:14 pm
      OMFG !!!...We don't do things by halves at this club do we !!!..once again...yet another epic final !!..my stress levels we're unbearable.. :stress_h4h:
      Thought Martin Skrtyl was immense at the back...the new Carragher as far as i'm concerned..
      Downing?..oh hello you've suddenly realised who your playing for !!..
      Overall its about the squad of players that contributed along the way to todays victory ..Maxi and Kellys goals at Chelsea  etc and although Cardiff put us to the sword today (as i feel they would've done to any Prem team) you have to agree with Kenny in his post match pitch interview...
      "Our names on the Trophy and thats all that matters"
      So proud tonight guys....well done..enjoy the moment..
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2012 08:53:14 pm by 6stringer »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1138: Feb 26, 2012 08:42:54 pm
      Everyone, guess what?! WE WON THE LEAGUE CUP.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #1139: Feb 26, 2012 08:43:04 pm
      I'm well feckin chuffed with that.  I loved the handshakes and hugs from the owners and Comolli etc - showed the togetherness at the club.  And just to top it off, Linda was looking smoking as usual ;D

During the penalties I was .....  :couch:

Onwards and upwards....... time for a pint (or three).  :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005:

Well played lads!!
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #1140: Feb 26, 2012 08:43:13 pm
      Kuyt MOTM scored a goal,converted penalty,and saved a goal not bad for a sub.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1141: Feb 26, 2012 08:45:11 pm
      I gave motm to Downing, he rose to the occasion and i didn"t think he would. some lovely balls crossed in ,it"s a shame there was no one to finish them off.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1142: Feb 26, 2012 08:48:15 pm
      YNWA!

ooh drink.let the good times roll, again!
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #1143: Feb 26, 2012 08:50:03 pm
      Any news on Agger hope he is ok.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1144: Feb 26, 2012 08:51:41 pm
      Any news on Agger hope he is ok.
      Rumour has it he has broken one of his ribs
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #1145: Feb 26, 2012 08:54:16 pm
      Ooooohhh F***ing YES!   :D

Good god they have to put us through the mill every bloody time!
      I was so nervous the entire game, then extra time & pens i was so nervous i felt sick. I was shaking, my heart was beating so fast.

But it was worth it!

I dont care how, why, who was sh*t and who wasnt- we won!!
      About time we added to the trophy cabinet!   ;D

It was lovely to see the scenes in the dressing room- with everyone drinking champagne out the cup!
      And seeing Lucas joining in- and espcially seeing the owners, staff, etc all getting involved and hugging everyone.

After the sh*t we have been through before Kenny & John Henry rescued us- we deserve something to celebrate!

Shame i have work in the morning.   ;)
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #1146: Feb 26, 2012 08:54:25 pm
      Rumour has it he has broken one of his ribs
      Just saw how long do they take to get better.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1147: Feb 26, 2012 08:57:05 pm
      He'll be grand in a couple of weeks.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1148: Feb 26, 2012 08:59:23 pm
      The nerves have been well and truely jangled  :o
      Thought it was all over when Charlie tried to be the first person to bounce a peno off an airplane.
      But Dirk, Stu and Jonno stayed cool and the over-riding feeling was relief for some reason.
      Delighted to get the win, think the lads deserved it, though Cardiff defended really well.
      Skytel and Downing rightly top of the MOTM poll (I gave mine to Skyrtel) with Dirk a good supporting actor turn.
      Suarez had a shocker, SG didn't have his shooting boots on but who gives a toss...was great to see SG holding up the trophy.
      First of many I hope  ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1149: Feb 26, 2012 09:01:46 pm
      I'm just glad we won!

As for man of the match, the two players who stood out for me were Stewart Downing and Martin Skrtel.

It was one of Stewart's better games following his decent game last week and I hope he keeps it on for the rest of the season and his career here. Put in some good balls into the box but there was just no one there as usual.

Martin Skrtel, scored the equaliser and even went close with that volley! Was even better at the back. Not sure if he was at fault for the Cardiff opener but I feel Enrique should take more of the blame for that.

Also, Dirk Kuyt scored the important goal to put us 2-1 up and made a goal line clearance towards the end. Just one of those days when we conceded that goal .. it was so messy in the box.

Our first trophy since 2006 and I hope this marks the beginning.

Liverpool FC - 2012 Carling Cup Champions!

Quick Reply