Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Should we do the same?

Read 1049 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Should we do the same?
      Mar 27, 2012 09:25:09 pm
      ;D

After failing to score in 5 games, Magdeburg fans show their players where the goal is
      German Regionalliga Nord side Magdeburg are having a woeful campaign in one of the regional leagues that makes up the fourth division in Germany.

After 25 matches, they are rock bottom of 18 teams with 20 points and have scored just 16 goals, 11 less than Energie Cottbus II, who are second bottom.

Despite their woeful recent form, Magdeburg have failed to score in their last five games, they could still beat the dreaded drop as they are just two points off the relegation zone.

As a result, their fans decided to try something a little different, handing out arrows to their fans ahead of the match with BAK ’07 on Sunday to literally show the players where the goal is.

A banner was also made titled “we will show you where the goal is” but despite finally scoring, Magdeburg still went down to a 2-1 defeat.

Video of the Magdeburg fans moving with their arrows throughout the match.

Fan footage of the Magdeburg supporters pointing their players to goal is here.

Another amusing picture of the Magdeburg fans is after the jump.

101 Great Goals

A few more pics:

:D
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Should we do the same?
      Reply #1: Mar 27, 2012 10:14:05 pm

That is one of the most hilarious pictures in context I've ever seen. Players must have been pissed :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Should we do the same?
      Reply #2: Mar 28, 2012 12:09:19 am
      The one photoshopped (i think) picture RLB posted with a huge banner with a target and 'F***ing SHOOT' on the Kop was funny.

Quick Reply