Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Why we're going to win another Title.

Read 5497 times
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Re: Why we're going to win another Title.
      Reply #23: Mar 05, 2012 04:16:04 pm
      It took Blackburn 5 seasons. Shearer was their for 4 years before they won. The transfer of Chris Sutton helped them but I wouldnt consider that "Buying a Championship". Regardless, even if it is, It still took 5 seasons of spending, playing, and putting it together.

Blackburn spent the money & won the league. Others have as well. Over the years its normally those that sepnd the most that reap[ the rewards. Both here and abroad.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #24: Mar 05, 2012 04:20:51 pm
      Blackburn spent the money & won the league. Others have as well. Over the years its normally those that sepnd the most that reap[ the rewards. Both here and abroad.
      Signing great players and spending over 3-4 seasons is not necessarily "Buying a Title". The team still has to be able to play as one. Which is the point I was making.  I dont really consider Man City as Buying a title. If they win.  They have been slowly putting their current squad together for years now. Its been 4 seasons of transfers and playing to get as good as they are.

My definition of Buying a Title is going out in (1) transfer market spending $200 million plus and signing they 4-5 best players available and winning it that season. 
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #25: Mar 05, 2012 04:32:55 pm
      Signing great players and spending over 3-4 seasons is not necessarily "Buying a Title". The team still has to be able to play as one. Which is the point I was making.  I dont really consider Man City as Buying a title. If they win.  They have been slowly putting their current squad together for years now. Its been 4 seasons of transfers and playing to get as good as they are.

My definition of Buying a Title is going out in (1) transfer market spending $200 million plus and signing they 4-5 best players available and winning it that season.

Oh right, well I'm not sure if any one ever has gone from nothing, spent millions and won in the first season. Sorry I didnt quite get what you meant. Totally agree about building a team.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #26: Mar 05, 2012 04:41:11 pm
      It still took 5 seasons of spending, playing, and putting it together. 

And Kenny Dalglish

Quick Reply