Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R

Read 12887 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #69: Mar 08, 2012 04:26:57 pm
      People should know by know we don't back down just becuase we are told to it makes us even more difficult.
      The media had a field day with Luis and enjoyed every m inute of bashing the club because soon as thr "R" word is mentioned everyone runs for the hills.
      i firmly believe~Luis is still unhappy about the situation and feels let down by the club but not the supporters. The FA were terrified of on one hand of getting into a racism row and on the other upsetting Ferguson so it was not exactly a surprise to us they found him guilty.
      I am glad Glen feels the same way many of us do on here particualrily about the set up over the hand shake that was a classic.
      F**k them all we dont need lessons in how to treat people especially not form the FA and definitely not form Ferguson.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #70: Mar 08, 2012 05:09:10 pm
      I've just had a look on my news feed and one site is already running with the headline "LIVERPOOL REIGNITE SUAREZ ROW".

Exactly mate and that's why I think we should draw a line under it, (at the very least until the end of the season), its already had a detrimental impact on not only Suarez but also our season, I'd just like to see the lads get their heads down and concentrate on playing football and see what can we salvage this from this league campaign.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #71: Mar 08, 2012 06:42:47 pm
      Well said Glen, hats off to ya, wonder now if the rest of our players get interviewed, the truth always comes out in the end, we just need to hope Luis is not persuaded to go elsewhere because of all the sh*t he still gets   >:(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #72: Mar 08, 2012 06:43:59 pm
      Only downside to this is the media will twist it to Glen having a rant,
      Rather than just answering the questions he has been asked.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #73: Mar 08, 2012 06:44:17 pm
      I really do understand people wanting to move on for the sake of the football.
      I however, find it really hard to let this go. I hate injustice , I hate the fact that Luis and our club are branded as racists , when we are not. I hate the fact that Luis has to put up with all the cr*p , the boos,  the  'we know what you are '.
      I hate the fact that Evra has come out of this smelling of roses , that Fergie has got one over us again , that Kenny has been disrespected by so many for simply standing by his player. I hate that people have questioned John Barnes motives for having the audacity to speak a lot of sense.
      I hate the fact that the FA have stated that Luis is not a racist, but have  allowed the media and other fans to constantly state that he is without saying anything in Luis' defence.
      So I am sorry ,  I cannot let it go , we owe it to Luis to prove that Evra lied and the FA and Fergie colluded to make sure he was found guilty.
      That the Mancs want us to forget it and move on is proof enough to me that they are not as sure of their man as they make out. He's a liar , they know it , we know it and I suspect the FA know it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: Mar 08, 2012 06:49:28 pm
      I'd agree Redangel had Suarez not pinched Evra's skin, I think both players lied and it was six of one half a dozen of each other as both players sought to wind each other up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #75: Mar 08, 2012 06:52:38 pm
      I don't think that a bunch of fans discussing this on a message board is going to matter one bit as to whether this will all die down or not. In fact, this seems like the perfect place for fans to discuss their displeasure and get it out of their system. I highly doubt the media is going to take their cues from a bunch of LFC supporters posting threads on a website. If certain folks want to put it to bed and move on that's cool. If there's a contingent that wants to continue airing their grievances I don't know why anyone would have an issue with that.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #76: Mar 08, 2012 06:59:29 pm
      RedLFCBLood ,
       I do see where you are coming from , but as I see it , being labelled a racist is a stigma that will follow him wherever he goes. Pinching is just playground antics , being labelled a racist is a whole different ball game.
      I respect your opinion but beg to differ.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #77: Mar 08, 2012 07:02:09 pm
      No holes mate, i just want it to go away for the sake of football. Its my last post on this thread.

Assuming 'it' is Evra, well said.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #78: Mar 08, 2012 07:28:48 pm
      I agree with a lot of what Johnson said. But I also agree with the sentiment of now is not the right to bring this up again, you know? But, at the same time, credit to Johnson for speaking openly and honestly about it when there have been far too many media sheep standing by and blindly accepting what was written. Also, big points for Johnson calling out those two clowns who made reference to his skin. He's right, that is also racist.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #79: Mar 08, 2012 08:05:35 pm
      No holes mate, i just want it to go away for the sake of football. Its my last post on this thread.
      For the sake of football why has the manager of a premier team supported a lyng c**t in the shape of Evra for his own agenda and benefit to the ultimate detriment of his club and the game in general?
      It is a rhetorical question so your input with this thread does not apply.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #80: Mar 08, 2012 08:11:37 pm
      Only downside to this is the media will twist it to Glen having a rant,
      Rather than just answering the questions he has been asked.
      Fair enough mate but once again it appears Ferguson is the only person allowed to completely ignore the medium of reasoned response.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: Mar 08, 2012 08:14:56 pm

;D

We know Evra is still one lying f**king shithouse and if you think you know scousers, remember this hasn't been forgotten.

My sentiments.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #82: Mar 08, 2012 09:12:09 pm
      Seems to me that Glen hasn't raised this issue out of the blue, he was simply answering questions put to him by the Fail's journo.  Why the journo chose to raise them now is anyones guess, but he did and Glen chose to answer him, so well in Glen.  No doubt the scum loving media will put a negative spin on this as far as LFC is concerned, but F**k them, this needed to be said.

And what Glen said is spot on.  Puts across many points that the media have chosen to completely ignore.  Well in Glen.  Top Red.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #83: Mar 08, 2012 09:42:41 pm
      No Daz, your reason are no different from mine. The sooner people stop posting about it the sooner we can forget the whole sad affair.

Then stop posting about it yourself then you cheeky little bellend. Get on one of your own scummy little forums if you don't want to read about what we've got to say about it. It's F***ing dead easy to do.

You get away with F***ing murder on here because of the 'got to be fair to other fans' card and F**k me, don't you take advantage of it.

You are a fake, manc, scum, WUM pure and simple.

Is right Johnno I am proud to have you as a Red and proud that when asked the question you haven't just gone for the easy route and bowed down by not commenting like the disgusting manc media would like us to.

F**k Evra and his lies, F**k that rule bending, purple headed F**k Fergie and his damn right hypocritical verbal diarrhea and F**k the rest of that joke of a club and its backstabbing in team morals.

Just because every piece of Manc scum out there wants it to go away before a righteous member of the media gets credence and proper airplay when expressing the CORRECT version of events, do not expect us or our players to back down and not back Luis.

Your club and manager give a F**k about what the media think and kiss there arses in order to get the nice back pages, our manager doesn't.

Go and take your face for a sh*t son.

YNWA!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #84: Mar 08, 2012 10:00:04 pm
      I'd agree Redangel had Suarez not pinched Evra's skin, I think both players lied and it was six of one half a dozen of each other as both players sought to wind each other up.

Very surprised by that view from you fella.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #85: Mar 08, 2012 10:06:30 pm
      I hate how the media puts the title "Liverpool's Glen Johnson IGNITES Suarez-Evra row" when he's only basically answering questions that were put to him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #86: Mar 08, 2012 11:05:51 pm
      Very surprised by that view from you fella.

I say it as I see it mate, why would Suarez pinch Evra's skin if he wasn't referring to his skin colour ?

I don't believe Evra's version of events were the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, but then again I feel the same about Suarez's version too.

The truth probably lies in the middle of both versions.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #87: Mar 08, 2012 11:30:21 pm
      THese days people don't distinguish between the truth and the media campaign. We lost the media campaign because we could not have won it. This is why they say play the game and do it smarter next time. Everyone who supported Evra could not have looked bad, afterall they were really saying 'Down With Racism'. Even if evidence emerged Evra made it up they could hardly be blamed for their intentions. As the weeks rolled on and no conclusive evidence either way showed up then all the people trying to make something off the issue could act with impunity. What we needed to do was create a distraction like burn Old Trafford down!!  Now I'm too far away for that but one of you lot could have extended yourselves!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #88: Mar 08, 2012 11:49:05 pm
      Then stop posting about it yourself then you cheeky little bellend. Get on one of your own scummy little forums if you don't want to read about what we've got to say about it. It's f**king dead easy to do.

You get away with f**king murder on here because of the 'got to be fair to other fans' card and f**k me, don't you take advantage of it.

You are a fake, manc, scum, WUM pure and simple.

Is right Johnno I am proud to have you as a Red and proud that when asked the question you haven't just gone for the easy route and bowed down by not commenting like the disgusting manc media would like us to.

F**k Evra and his lies, f**k that rule bending, purple headed f**k Fergie and his damn right hypocritical verbal diarrhea and f**k the rest of that joke of a club and its backstabbing in team morals.

Just because every piece of Manc scum out there wants it to go away before a righteous member of the media gets credence and proper airplay when expressing the CORRECT version of events, do not expect us or our players to back down and not back Luis.

Your club and manager give a f**k about what the media think and kiss there arses in order to get the nice back pages, our manager doesn't.

Go and take your face for a sh*t son.

YNWA!

+1 mate. Precisely.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #89: Mar 08, 2012 11:53:02 pm
      I say it as I see it mate, why would Suarez pinch Evra's skin if he wasn't referring to his skin colour ?

Maybe he was pinching him in general and not in reference to his skin.

Because if he was pinching his skin in reference to calling him "negrito" then unfortunately that does tend to lean towards racist.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #90: Mar 08, 2012 11:58:50 pm
      Maybe he was pinching him in general and not in reference to his skin.

Because if he was pinching his skin in reference to calling him "negrito" then unfortunately that does tend to lean towards racist.

I just think it was childish petulance, pulling a girls pig tails when you weer young, it didn't mean you're referring to her hair colour. 

The FA and the responsible (huh), free press have a share of the blame in the way they acted in the aftermath, as do the two involved themselves. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #91: Mar 09, 2012 12:04:28 am
      I thought he was pinching Evra in response to Evra saying "don't touch me". Just a pity Luis didn't do a Vinny Jones and rip his balls off instead.

Quick Reply