Trending Topics

Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.

Read 25041 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.
      Reply #299: Mar 12, 2012 12:50:18 pm

As the topic starter mate I wasn't calling for Kenny's head, I was just trying to get an idea of how people thought John Henry or maybe even Kenny himself would react if we didn't get top 4.

I wasn't directly having a go at you mate, but I've heard plenty this weekend from dickheads who should know better. And just my feelings, especially before a derby!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #300: Mar 12, 2012 12:55:57 pm
      Calling for Kenny's head is disrespectful to the man himself.

No doubt, he isn't immune from criticism but to those fans who want instant success and who say he is losing the plot or not the man to take us forward is a disgrace. Best fans in the world? Hardly.

xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #301: Mar 12, 2012 01:36:40 pm
      Finishing 6th or 7th when we are aiming for 4th or better is really unacceptable. I think the owners and Kenny know this and I do fear for Kenny if we don't win or at least get to the final of the FA cup

As for my own opinion I think Kenny should be given at least another season after all we have lost the leagues best DM in Lucas and have been without Stevie for most of the season. I also don't think we are playing our players to there maximum i'd love to see this sort of line up.

Reina

Kelly         Skrtel                        Agger                 Enrique

Johnson  Henderson/Spearing    Shelvey/Stevie  Downing

Suarez

Carroll

Obviously the biggest name missing is Adam the reason being he lacks vision and often plays passes blind

Johnson on the right wing is something I'm dying to see. Apart from Suarez he is the best player at the club at taking on defenders

Henderson/Spearing is going to be the biggest tactical decision that you'd have to make and that would be regarding on the team you were playing as for me Spearing could become the next Mascherano we have already seen glimpses of this and the lad is just going to become better and better but he needs a fixed role. At the moment he seems to be a jack of all trades and master of none.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #302: Mar 12, 2012 03:51:32 pm
      I wasn't directly having a go at you mate, but I've heard plenty this weekend from dickheads who should know better. And just my feelings, especially before a derby!!

I know mate, I just like to make myself plain and clear that its not my feelings ha ha ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #303: Mar 12, 2012 03:54:22 pm
      Mascherano is on another level to Henderson different type players though. Massive game tomorrow has to be big improvement from both the manager and players.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #304: Mar 12, 2012 04:06:28 pm
      f**k off you part-time cu*ts calling for Kenny's head. Get a f**king grip!!

Amen.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #305: Mar 12, 2012 04:24:04 pm

And as for the actual topic - f**k off you part-time cu*ts calling for Kenny's head. Get a f**king grip!!
      I wouldn't even give them the benefit of your time they really are not worthy of the club and I would say they are at the heart of the clubs problems they think they deserve to have success when success is earned by hard work and by sticking together.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #306: Mar 12, 2012 05:01:19 pm
      Calling for Kenny's head is disrespectful to the man himself.

No doubt, he isn't immune from criticism but to those fans who want instant success and who say he is losing the plot or not the man to take us forward is a disgrace. Best fans in the world? Hardly.

Agree. 100%.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #307: Mar 12, 2012 06:13:40 pm
      Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured is another two years at least which is part of his contract,  that is the answer, so you f***in lot calling for his head can f**k off,

i'm trying hard to comprehend that so called supporters of this fantastic institution would even suggest Kenny being bagged after 1 full season, what the f**k is going on ? have we been secretly infested by Chavs or something,

imagine where we would be have been had Shanks been given the same treatment Kenny is getting now, it's a f***in disgrace, and to be honest those who even question his integrity are not worthy of the support they are porported to give,

add all the f***in neg-heads and doom mongerers then it's easy to see why Anfield's atmosphere is not as loud as it should be, these f***in parasites should ousted from our club forthwith and flogged publicly, then forced to a life of f***in misery at that wee shitty f***in club across the park that is Stanley's,

like the club we as fans should only accept those who will give everything for the club in terms of support,and that includes signings that may not necessary seem fit to wear the Bird on his chest, and until either moved on, sold or loaned out by those in the know, ie; the manager,

if by any chance the king chooses to abdicate then that will be his choice and we should all respect his decision, but,there is as much chance of that happening as we have of winning the CL next season  :f_tongueincheek:

IKWT      YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #308: Mar 12, 2012 07:20:19 pm
      Stay as long as he wants.
      Learns from his mistakes.
      I do wish we'd never lost Rafa but
      I will never wish Kenny out.
      He has a tough job to rebuild us.
      Hicks and Gillett fu**ed us up.
      Unfortunately any mistake Kenny makes will be highlighted.
      A trophy already. Better than Fergie could manage in his early years.
      The highs of 05 and 06.
      The nearly misses of 07 and 08/09.
      They seem a world away right now.
      We are hurting, but I feel Kenny deserves time.

LFCexiled
      Reply #309: Mar 12, 2012 07:43:08 pm
      Stay as long as he wants.
      Learns from his mistakes.
      I do wish we'd never lost Rafa but
      I will never wish Kenny out.
      He has a tough job to rebuild us.
      Hicks and Gillett fu**ed us up.
      Unfortunately any mistake Kenny makes will be highlighted.
      A trophy already. Better than Fergie could manage in his early years.
      The highs of 05 and 06.
      The nearly misses of 07 and 08/09.
      They seem a world away right now.
      We are hurting, but I feel Kenny deserves time.

And the award for worst poem of the year goes to.......

;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #310: Mar 12, 2012 08:05:35 pm
      I've criticized Kenny a lot of times this season because 7th simply isn't good enough. But he has enough credit with the club and the way he made us play last season (2nd or 3rd best wasn't it?) gives a great indication that he still has it on him - the ability to lead us forward. And obviously, he's already brought a trophy to Anfield and along the way during the season there were times we have performed reasonably well just not got the results - which is a reason for worry but not for despair. All in all, definitely not too bad.

However, I do worry about some stuff. I think most of his signings were poor. We spent the kind of money I'm not entirely sure we'll be able to spend again in single players in the future (hopefully we will, but it's difficult to guess). Last season we had some players on top form and they were forced to make way for new signings who have hardly justified their places in the team at all - some for the majority of the season, and some for the entire f***in season. I think the current league campaign was a failure in many aspects in terms of building his own squad, his new Liverpool. I believe he's put too much faith in players who simply are not being worth of it.

But for his history at the club alone, I'd give him more time; for what he has done in uniting the club again since coming back, I'd definitely give him more time; for bringing glory to Anfield Road again, I'd trust our future to him; and most of all, because I think he's sensible enough to know 7th isn't up to Liverpool standards, I have faith we'll bounce back.

Hopefully we'll have money to invest more, to invest better, and keep going in the right direction. We'll never outspend the likes of Man City of Chelsea, so we can't just throw £35M around - we have to spend better if we are to catch them in the near future. So this has been a season of mixed feelings, of great hope and expectations, happiness in glory but also disappointment in what was supposed to be (as so many times in the last few years, it seems) our 'WE'RE BACK' season. Maybe it was just a case of expectations too high, I dunno.

Well anyway, I'm getting lost in this big post. I think the main idea is: despite my critics or doubts, In Kenny I Trust.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #311: Mar 12, 2012 08:12:12 pm
      Did you guys have any idea that corbally thinks our team isn't good enough? First I've heard.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #312: Mar 12, 2012 08:12:53 pm
      And the award for worst poem of the year goes to.......

;D

I think that was an attempt at Haiku
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #313: Mar 12, 2012 08:16:58 pm
      Did you guys have any idea that corbally thinks our team isn't good enough? First I've heard.

:lmao: :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #314: Mar 12, 2012 08:33:29 pm
      I like to call it
      Blackberry Bulletpoint Mode.

ie my phone is sh*t at browsing.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #315: Mar 12, 2012 08:48:37 pm
      Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.

Secure?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #316: Mar 12, 2012 08:55:53 pm
      I think that was an attempt at Haiku

Haiku to you too.

:P
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #317: Mar 12, 2012 10:35:32 pm
      All I want is for him to drop Adam.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #318: Mar 13, 2012 12:03:11 am
      I believe in Kenny and would never call for him to go after what he has done for this club.

But I think a few people on here are forgetting what kind of a man he is. If he feels he has taken the club as far as he can go he'll walk.

I do feel its a bit unfair however for some superfans to be jumping on peoples backs when legitimate questions about our progress are being asked. Maybe it's true that 4th was an unrealistic option this year and that the team needs aother season before we're challenging but I don't think its safe to assume that Kenny shares those thoughts. You don't win what he has in life without an intolerance of the kind of results we've seen recently; I suspect that actually his views that our performances haven't been good enough will be closer to a lot of the people getting criticised on these forums than the people doing the criticising.

Maybe Kenny is the right man to lead us back to where we want to be as a club - certainly there's few things that would make me happier.

But if it isn't the case then we may all need to think about what not being good enough would practically look like; and who could currently say with confidence that it definitely doesn't look like this?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #319: Mar 13, 2012 12:15:24 am

Hillarious if it is good enough then who is to blame for the poor showing. Hardly ground breaking i dont think it is good enough. Sure most posters that are being honest with themselves will see it to.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #320: Mar 13, 2012 09:52:58 am
      Hillarious if it is good enough then who is to blame for the poor showing. Hardly ground breaking i dont think it is good enough. Sure most posters that are being honest with themselves will see it to.

Cards on the table Corb... Because then people will know and the wondering will be gone. The thing is some points you make are spot on, some that I and others agree with, but the split comes because some are over protective of Kenny and also think we shouldn't be changing a 3rd manager in 3 years.

Do you want a change of manager? Do you want Rafa back? Is it because Rafa is available and you feel that the time to act is now to get him while he is available rather than wait until he is back in work? Is that what you want..? All honesty?

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #321: Mar 13, 2012 10:00:11 am
      It's unfortunate that the boot room ideology has gone. I would honestly rather see money spent on getting Kenny and Rafa back in the bootroom with Rudolfo Borrell and Steve Clark. This would be better money than some of the wages and transfers we pay.

Quick Reply