Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Laying the blame

Read 4137 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Laying the blame
      Reply #23: Mar 13, 2012 12:46:48 pm
      I was amazed we were letting Aquilani go, thought his playstyle would of suited Suarez's perfectly but we discussed this as far as it could go in his thread. If you believe that he was told that he wont have much game time because he'll be competing with Gerrard and not Adam, then when he decided he had to look elsewhere Adam was just brought in as back-up for Gerrard. Circumstances have played out that Adam has played way too many games, many more than expected I believe and I'm not going to crucify anyone for letting Aquilani go because they didn't expect Gerrard's injury problems.

I have no problem agreeing we'd of been a massively better footballing side with Aqua in the team rather than any of our midfield other than Gerrard though.

As for the price, think it's a joke we let him go that cheap, Juve and AC done a number on us with this guy and it pisses me off, but that's a separate issue.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #24: Mar 13, 2012 01:22:42 pm
      We are missing Lucas big time, it's gradually got worse, he brings balance & protection to the defence, letting the other lads do their thing.

We have played well in a lot of games and not got the rewards, this must be getting to the players now, just hope we bounce back tonight and at weekend.

2 wins will make it all seem better lads. Chin up.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #25: Mar 13, 2012 04:29:45 pm
      I'm glad we're letting Aquilani go. He didn't want to play for us. I only want players that want to play for us in the red shirt.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Mar 13, 2012 06:54:28 pm
      gna write this in sections....

First of all we need an overhaul, both on and off the pitch. Management has proved on a consistent basis that it is not up to the task of a club like Liverpool and what is expected. As Crouch said, even a settled formation would help as long as it's not our bastardised version of 442 with 3 CMs. The club currently suffers from a complacency disorder, the belief that because we are Liverpool FC they can just turn up and win. Maybe in the 70s/80s that was the case but not now. The players at the club need a massive kick in the bollox to get themselves back on course, during Rafa's reign the team had to be criticised consistently in order to get performances. If that's still the case then so be it, none of this we played well but were unlucky sh*te. A team can only be so unlucky before it's a problem, the only unlucky thing seems to be how much we work on support play and finishing. You make your own luck in this game by being proactive, it doesn't just materialise if you wait for it.

The 2nd thing....as a whole the team is weaker than last season and we're seeing the benefits of an all English approach to our style as the season progresses. The top English prospects have already signed for top clubs (Arsenal, City, Utd) and we've been left to hover the spare change out of the drains. English players are technically and tactically retarded and it is starting to show big time as the season and team progresses. You cannot base a top team on British talent, pure and simple.

Point 3, and my main gripe. We hear KD go on about having to work for the jersey every minute of every game but he criticises the team heavily for their display against Bolton then proceeds to allow the same sh*te to happen not once but twice in the 7 weeks after that match. There is a naivety at the club that stems from a level above the players, it's a disease that is cultivated and spread among the staff. Just because we're Liverpool doesn't mean you can get away with play Charlie forking Adam and Steven forking Gerrard as a central midfield partnership. It's self destructive. The players know each other inside out and they can tell from a team sheet and work load how serious the management is taking a game. It is amazing how good our team is when everything is explicitly laid out and everything os laid out to a tee, just look at the cup runs, then compare this to the league games where it seems to be a case of "this is the XI, this is the formation, go win."

:mad:  :mad: Why dont you F**k off then if you think we need a total overhaul, tossers like you make my f***in blood boil, you have no f***in idea how this club works do you?

i am f***in livid that you f***in dare to spout total f***in sh*te and disgrace the name of probably the best player ever to wear the shirt,what exactly do you know, no wait i'll tell ya, F**k ALL thats what, i've supported this club since 1976 and i have never seen or heard anyone slate our manager and his methods the way you have,

your a f***in disgrace pal, had you been next to me when you said your sh*t, you'd be seeing stars, i'm going to F**k off and calm down,i suggest you go and support f***in scum or some other f***in sh*te team, somewhere you can spout your sh*te comments, f***in no mark, glory hunting neg-head, now F**k off   :mad:  :mad:
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #27: Mar 13, 2012 07:04:13 pm
      :mad:  :mad: Why dont you f**k off then if you think we need a total overhaul, tossers like you make my f***in blood boil, you have no f***in idea how this club works do you?

i am f***in livid that you f***in dare to spout total f***in sh*te and disgrace the name of probably the best player ever to wear the shirt,what exactly do you know, no wait i'll tell ya, F**k ALL thats what, i've supported this club since 1976 and i have never seen or heard anyone slate our manager and his methods the way you have,

your a f***in disgrace pal, had you been next to me when you said your sh*t, you'd be seeing stars, i'm going to f**k off and calm down,i suggest you go and support f***in scum or some other f***in sh*te team, somewhere you can spout your sh*te comments, f***in no mark, glory hunting neg-head, now f**k off   :mad:  :mad:

Totally agree Bill!! I couldn't find the energy to respond to this joke of a post.. Such extremism.. Unbelievable..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: Mar 13, 2012 07:17:26 pm
      Totally agree Bill!! I couldn't find the energy to respond to this joke of a post.. Such extremism.. Unbelievable..

Mate,people have died watching this club, and for the likes of him to come out and say what he said is like spitting on their memory,how f***in dare he,i'm f***in seething, i'm waiting for his response but i'm not holding my breath.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #29: Mar 13, 2012 07:35:15 pm
      sadly this is the new breed of "supporter" hence the dreadful atmosphere at Anfield.There is a comeand entertain me attitude these days makes me weep to be honest.
      I was brought up to respect  the club and worship the manager and the players. today everyone is an expert and think they have aright to criticise someone like Kenny its quite sickening really.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Mar 13, 2012 07:40:34 pm
      Well said Billy!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #31: Mar 13, 2012 07:41:22 pm
      sadly this is the new breed of "supporter" hence the dreadful atmosphere at Anfield.There is a comeand entertain me attitude these days makes me weep to be honest.
      I was brought up to respect  the club and worship the manager and the players. today everyone is an expert and think they have aright to criticise someone like Kenny its quite sickening really.

That moaning has been around for years Walton, spent enough time in workingmen's clubs across the country in my time to know that.  The ONLY thing thats changed is instead of 3-4 blokes chatting around a table drinking mild & bitter, you have hundreds of thousands discussing it across the world.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #32: Mar 13, 2012 07:52:47 pm
      Blame lies with everyone. We're a team. We win, lose and draw as a team as well as sharing blame and credit as a team.

well said

Quick Reply