Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Liverpool 1-2 Wigan: In-Game and Post Match Numbness

Read 46234 times
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Wigan: In-Game and Post Match Numbness
      Reply #759: Mar 24, 2012 08:44:24 pm
      Major disappointment this game, i hoped for some kind of reaction after the QPR disaster but the only reaction was more of the same...
      The way we played was at best messy (and not Messi!). We throw away points because we've thrown away money into poor players. I hate to say this but there is something wrong right now. What is the point of starting the same players that you know won't make a difference? Why is Maxi not playing with Luis? Why is Henderson always starting? Mistakes had been made (huge ones probably) but why keep going with this?

I hate to post something like this but i'm pissed after what i've seen.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #760: Mar 24, 2012 09:21:31 pm
      Embarassing.

Looks like relegation teams want the 3 points more than we want to go up the table.

Have to finally admit, this squad is not good enough.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #761: Mar 24, 2012 09:32:58 pm
      J.Shelvey.. ‏ @Jshelvey33
      We gotta keep the faith .. I read a tweet midweek saying we win together and we loose together .. Were liverpool football club remember that
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,753 posts | 7179 
      Reply #762: Mar 24, 2012 09:35:58 pm
      won't be watching MOTD tonight.
      Wonder if Kenny has a cat.
      Just look at the players we have lost in the past 3 years and compare their replacements and ask if our squad has improved the answer for me is no we have not.
      Both henderson and Carrol are young enough to improve just look at Lucas for that.
      Today and since the Cup final we have been lacking focus and I believe we have switched off in our league games and only have thoughts of Wembley and another final.
      Now that I do blame Kenny for as it should never have been allowed to happen.
      Its the only reason I can think of for our poor run of form.We battered Everton outplayed and beat Stoke so the form is there when required but you cant keep turning it on and off or like today when you need it it is not there.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #763: Mar 24, 2012 09:43:20 pm
      Did Wigan like score two goals from two shots on target?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #764: Mar 24, 2012 09:47:45 pm
      I have not commented over results for some time now.
      I felt the team would eventually turn things around, but now i know i was just waiting in vain.

Ive been waiting in a van with men in their white coats.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #765: Mar 24, 2012 09:50:13 pm
      Did Wigan like score two goals from two shots on target?

More or less and one of those was a pen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17412511

Pepe didn't make any saves of note during the game.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #766: Mar 24, 2012 09:52:17 pm
      Ive been waiting in a van with men in their white coats.
      I think that you will find all the men in their white coats are at Goodison Park Skip.Sorry for going off topic.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #767: Mar 24, 2012 09:54:21 pm
      The comments on here.

Scared folks, most of the comments had that "Sack KK" veiled under many words that do their real intended comment no justice.

Kenny Dalglish, should be worried about the mentality of the team. The team mentality has been this way since Rafa Benitez' era. Draw 12 games to shyte teams. It still continues today, except now we actually lose to shyte teams.

Our players are only really that hungry when we play Man U, City, Arsenal, and Chelsea. Very lazy mentality. We are not gonna get by on the name of the club and the history. Other teams have stopped being afraid of the Anfield atmosphere.

We fight till the end and bag the three points dammit.
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #768: Mar 24, 2012 09:56:56 pm
      Very disappointing, again wont be calling for the managers head just yet but there are some players that really need to take a hard look at themselves. Some clearly don't want to be here and some of the others are simply not good enough to be here.

Not only that they cost me nearly £3k on my accumulator....gits!!
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #769: Mar 24, 2012 09:58:57 pm
      We are having a strange end of season flop, but in reality it doesnt matter so much because we have messed up that fourth place a while ago.
      so to hell with the league position, we just want the fa cup, and kenny is the man to deliver the double this year, after all we have been a cup team since 1990 , which isnt such a bad thing, ask a newcastle fan.

remain loyal to the king, and success will follow, im still  not watching matd though
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #770: Mar 24, 2012 10:00:47 pm
      Things have really gone pear shaped after xmas and I blame the management and ownership for not signing a world class goal poacher when it was obvious all before xmas that we needed one DESPERATELY.

But at least Kenny took Henderson and Downing off so maybe he is beginning to accept the reality that these guys will get him the sack if they're anything more than squad players. He wasted money last summer on these three players - Downing, Henderson, Adam  - who aren't good enough to be in the first 11 of a top 4 team.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #771: Mar 24, 2012 10:02:07 pm
      What the hell is up with us not being able to beat the bottom 5-6 teams in the league?

Right now, it doesn't even matter whether we play home or away anymore. Both yield similar results.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #772: Mar 24, 2012 10:03:14 pm
      F***ing Atrocious. Not good enough. Players need a good kick up their arse. Thought that would have been the case after the QPR game and expected a vastly different line up. Not to be, same disappointing result.  :f_wah:

J.Shelvey.. ‏ @Jshelvey33
      Shiteee result were better than that!! We gotta improve !! Bad week!! Let's move on and improve!! Fans were superb as usual!!! #YNWA

Really? Thought apart from the KOP who were always trying to get some songs going, the rest of the ground was like a morgue.  :mad:

franfieldeire
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #773: Mar 24, 2012 10:07:08 pm
      KK must be gutted. From a man who played through some of our best years, to managing arguably the best LFC team ever, to being in charge of these shower of wasters. He lves breathes & bleeds red. It must be so frustrating to be managing players who don't see it "his way". The only players putting it in are the ones who know what's expected of them & are able to stand up. As as a result, as a player & manager, he saw players come from Brighton, Oxford, lower division teams, etc & walk straight in to the team & left their mark in our history, so he thinks that modern players who come here should have the same attitude. It's a sad reflection that Downing, Henderson et al just don't get it. SHAME.
      The dilemma of course is do you get rid of them or do you do a Lucas on it & let them grow in to the players we want them all to be ?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #774: Mar 24, 2012 10:07:35 pm

Really? Thought apart from the KOP who were always trying to get some songs going, the rest of the ground was like a morgue.  :mad:

What would it sound like in a 60,000 plus seater stadium?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #775: Mar 24, 2012 10:16:19 pm
      Oh dear, this is not good at all I don't see how we can blame tiredness with a fairly decent squad to choose from...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #776: Mar 24, 2012 10:34:26 pm
      In our last two games our oponents have had only 5 shots on goal.
      They've scored all 5.

If only we could do the same.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #777: Mar 24, 2012 10:44:06 pm
      This game for me showed that the problem lies in the mentality of the team and the attitude of the team. Just like with QPR once something demoralized the team they just gave up, once our second goal was disallowed the players just gave up, just like with QPR once we let in that first goal the players just shut down.

They need to take a long hard look at themselves and come to terms with the fact that they aren't doing enough to wear the red of Liverpool. Kenny also has to drill this importance and attitude into them, he needs to get them fighting for every ball till the end. People may argue he is behind the scenes but  its not evident as the attitude has not changed, it still seems once were in a bad situation the players just give up because they know, whatever happens they still get paid and most will end up starting the next game.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #778: Mar 24, 2012 10:45:12 pm
      What a deflating result.

We lost last year at home to Wolves with a similar position in the league and that was it for Hodgson. It's a very, very similar result here. I'm not suggesting 'Kenny Out' or any of that nonsense but questions do have to be asked. They do. No papering over the cracks.

As for the players today, I don't know what to say. Played better with Carroll on the pitch for a start. Kuyt. Dirk F***ing Kuyt had probably his worst performance in a red shirt, a history of these developing this season. From about the 70th minute onwards he could barley run. Thank God for the introduction of Sterling with pace. Good cameo little man.

Sentimentality is getting the better of us and including players like Carragher and Kuyt, who don't get me wrong have been great servants to the club, are not going to be the players to bring us forward.

Oh, and the crowd didn't seem up for it either really  :-\ 20 minutes in before I heard the first song being sung. Great way to get behind the team  :-\
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #779: Mar 24, 2012 10:52:33 pm
      We're second on MOTD tonight. Something must have happened today.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #780: Mar 24, 2012 10:54:44 pm
      We're second on MOTD tonight. Something must have happened today.

Prime time viewing of the 'let's all laugh at Liverpool' club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #781: Mar 24, 2012 10:57:37 pm
      What would it sound like in a 60,000 plus seater stadium?

Morguish!

Quick Reply