Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Your first ever LFC game thread.....

Read 99116 times
      Cy
      Re: Your first ever LFC game thread.....
      Reply #69: Apr 29, 2007 10:15:49 pm
      I just moved to England three weeks after arrived on  the 27 feb 2003, Liverpool-Auxerre UEFA Cup 4th round 2nd leg, 2-0 for us Michael Owen and Danny Murphy, It was my birthday...the best present ever..
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #70: Apr 30, 2007 11:18:10 am
      Mine was last weekend, against Wigan, we won 2-0 with Dirk Kuyt scoring in both halves. It was the day after my birthday, but 1000 x better than my actual birthday ;D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #71: Apr 30, 2007 01:41:47 pm
      My first ever liverpool game was when they played my local team Carlisle utd in the 3rd round of fa cup in 89 the year of the hillsboro disaster we won 3-0,my first game at anfield was about 96-97 we lost 2-0 to newcastle with goals from andy cole and peter beardsley happy to say every time ive been since weve won.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #72: Jun 27, 2007 08:53:50 pm
      heven't actually been to a match :( :(. but i'm quite young anyway, ive got plenty of time to do that. ;D ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #73: Jun 27, 2007 08:58:47 pm
      ^ True mate, I'm 20 and went to my first game the day after my 20th birthday!
      Photo Album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=14944&l=c2dc1&id=285900606
      Blog (with pictures): http://nicolaccfc.wordpress.com/
      Hehe ;)
      Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 16 
      Reply #74: Jun 28, 2007 11:05:21 am
      Never been to a game  :'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[
      Being the only Liverpool supporter in my house and my friends not into football
      its quite difficult, as im female, my mum  :-[ thinks its not a good idea to travel to Liverpool alone (which i would do) tried numerous amounts of times to get her to come with me!
      I'm determined to see what the anfield experience is like, so it has to be this season.
      See u there guys  ;)
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #75: Jun 29, 2007 09:24:23 am
      I've never been to a game either. Its a little out of the way for me being on the other side of the planet and all.

But I assure you there is a huge kop following here in South Africa. After all the battle of Spion Kop (after which the kop was named for those that dont know) was fought here.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #76: Jun 29, 2007 09:47:19 am
      My first game was a night to remember for two different reasons.

i can't remember the year/season...but it was in the late 80's when Liverpool where the 'dogsies ****'.

It was against Millwall at the Old Den.  I must very young at the time and Millwall had there reputation back then and they also had Cascarino and Sherringham as there strike-force.

As you all know back then it was standing and the ground was heaving...I've never been so scared in my life.  We was with the Millwall fans...

"All I can remember saying out loud was 'Sheringham's good isn't he, so is Horlock..." so the Millwall fans thought I was one of them...

We won 2-1 - Johnny Barnes scored one of his trade mark 'one step' benders. 

So the two reasons - my first game and a win....and for '******* my pants'!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #77: Jun 29, 2007 01:07:32 pm
      I would like to cheat slightly (whats new?) although I had been to a couple of games when I was eight or nine my first real game for me was when my dad got tickets for the main stand for a league game against Burnley in March 1974 the team that had Leighton James and Martin Dobson (who joined Everton later that year) in it, our team was,

1.Ray Clemence
      2.Tommy Smith
      3.Alec Lindsay
      4.Phil Thompson
      5.Peter Cormack
      6.Emlyn Hughes
      7.Kevin Keegan
      8.Brian Hall
      9.Phil Boersma
      10 John Toshack
      11 Ian Callaghan

Now as I said I had been to a couple of games previously but they had been on the Kop, you know the five mile hike up those dodgy stairs at the back and through the opening at the top to see the whole ground laid out in front of you, now normally this would be awe inspiring enough but it wasn't until I sat in the main stand and saw the Kop from this different perspective that I thought wow!!! How do they all fit in and more to the point how do they go the toilet? A wet leg at a future match was soon to answer this question for me! Anyway the match was mostly forgettable as 85 minutes had passed and no one looked like scoring even if they could carry on playing for a fortnight, personnaly I couldn't have cared less as I was too busy listening to the Kop singing and watching them sway all at the same time as my dad kept moaning in the background at how Toshack should have been subbed because ā€œheā€™s a useless lumpā€ any way that day convinced me it was the Kop from now on for me even if the Annie Rd end sang ā€œKopites are Gobsh**esā€ I wanted to be a gobsh**e and many people will testify that I still am, a Kopite that is, not a gobsh**e! (no questioning the point okay? ;D)
      Oh the score well in the 89th minute the ball came in and Keegan passed to the ā€œuseless lump Toshackā€ as my dad called him and he scored the winner, 1-0 the reds,great stuff, but more importantly a love affair had begun.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #78: Jun 30, 2007 08:37:04 pm
      ^ Oh my God what a team! Hughes, Tosh, Thompson!! Amazing!!
      blocker
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #79: Jun 30, 2007 11:08:52 pm
      26th April 1992 Liverpool v Man U

The day Ian Rush scored his first ever goal against the mancs and the day they finally lost the league to Leeds.
      It was also our last home game of the season. I was in the main stand up at the kop end. The atmosphere at the end when the players did their end of season lap of honour was unbelievable. Mark Walters also scored as we won 2-0.
      multilockscan
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #80: Aug 05, 2007 11:54:05 am
      wembley ! 88 i think ??? the gooners beat us. aldo missed a peno ! 2-1 it finished
      ONTHEWING
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #81: Aug 05, 2007 01:29:23 pm
      December 2000 an early Christmas present  ;D

Liverpool 4 - 0 Arsenal
      Gerrard, Owen, Barmby & God

It was a morning KO so I then had to race across to Prenton Park (my mates a Tranmere fan) and watch Aldo's super white army get thrashed 0-4 by wimbeldon.

1 day, 2 games, 8 goals............. I beat doing the Christmas shopping  :o
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #82: Aug 06, 2007 05:03:53 am
      My first Reds-s game was when I'm just 7 or 8, I can't remember a thing but the song "This is Anfield" that all the fans are singing, and then It was played in the end of the match, It mean LiverpoolFC won this match, right? This time I didn't really have interest in soccer thought, but that all-red stadium and that song impressed me. My first real Reds's game is when I'm 15, between Liverpool and Olympiakos in the UEFA Champion League quarter-final, the match at Anfield. Olympiakos take the lead but firstly, number 24 Sinami (I think, I can't remember cleary), then next It's Mellor, number 23, It's a shame that he's now gone. Then the third goal, Steven Gerrard, the captain, shoot a strong and excellent ball from about 45 yards, the ball flied like a gunshot, with Its power, Its spped and a bit craziyly too. I don't know but I just feel really happy, I keep saying with my father: "Why do You think that they played bad? That's a fantastic football club!". That match, like they said, It's a LiverpoolFC rise from the death. And then I watched all the finals matchs of LiverpoolFC in this season (2004-2005), including the most weird game in UEFA Champion League's history between AC Milan and LiverpoolFC, I can say that they really gave me a lot of kinds of emotions.   
      PaintingTheTownRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #83: Aug 07, 2007 11:04:55 pm
      My first liverpool game was Away at Newcaslte in either '97 or '98, we won 2-1. I remember McManaman scoring a screamer, not sure who got the other, maybe Owen. Overriding memory of the day - shocking toilet facilities. Truth.
      liverpoolr4eva
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #84: Aug 08, 2007 03:44:30 pm
      umm mine was the season of 2001 the great year when we played everton at anfield i was in the kop with my dad and my unlce everton got the first goal through radsinzki but then anelka got are 1 back at the kop end so we went mental i went to about 9 games in 2001 and im embarrased to admit ive never been to anfield since
      but im commited to go there and sit in the kop again before it gets knocked down.
      oh and i only live on anfield road no jkz but i always listen to cheerz the louder 1 i no it is a liverpool goal
      and i cant really afford it
      dazzatate
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #85: Oct 11, 2007 11:48:32 am
      September 1986 vs Aston Villa. 3-3. I was 9 yrs old at the time and had really got into football, I remember watching the Cup Final in the May and instantly loved them. My Dad decided to take me to a game but living in Bradford the choices for decent football locally were limited - Bfd City, Leeds, Huddersfield. So he said he'd take me to see the best around which meant only one place of course back then.

We tried to get in the Main Stand paddock (pay on the gates in those days) but it was full so we stood on The Kop. I was completely mesmerised by the whole event. Infact the only 2 things I actually remember about the game itself were King Kenny taking a corner right in front of where we were stood and Steve McMahon scoring a top corner belter from about 25 yds. I've never seen it on tele but thats how I remember it.

I was completely hooked, we went to around another 10 games that season (seem to remember the next one being against Norwich in the snow and Paul Walsh scored a hat-trick) and a couple away also and got season tickets the following summer in time for the best season ever (87-88). We've had season tickets ever since and I've been to and witnessed some truly memorable days since at Anfield (my first derby the following season when McMahon and Beardsley scored, the Arsenal league decider however painful it was, beating the Mancs 4-0, Barca semi-final in 2001, Chelski semis in 05 & 07) but I still smile when I think of that first game, the noise on The Kop, seeing Ian Rush & Kenny Dalglish in the flesh. Thank f*ck my dad chose Anfield that day, especially seen as he used to go to Elland Rd in the early 70's!!
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #86: Oct 11, 2007 04:15:47 pm
      Being a southerner, I didn't get to a game until I was nine, by which time I has been watching the reds on the TV for about five years. It was a 0-0 draw, but it was a notable game anyway.

It was the Charity Shield Match of 1977 against Man U. Also known as Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool debut (and would go some way to explaining how the old man would have allowed me to go, him being a Celtic man). Dalglish was great - we were good, but didn't quite manage the win. Ray Kennedy hit the bar.

PS Really enjoyed Faith Healers post(s).
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #87: Oct 11, 2007 04:24:35 pm
      My first LFC game was on 1st September 2007 when we played Derby County in Anfield and won 6-0. I was sitting in the front row of the Kop and it was an amzing day to be there and finally get to hear YNWA in Anfield itself. I'd never been to Liverpool or obviously Anfield before.

Seeing Torres and Finnan in close range was great as well ;D   :hearts:  Not so good was the fact that Stevie and Carra weren't playing though!We did the stadium tour the day before the match as well which was well good, especially sitting in Rafa's seat  ;D I loved the whole weekend and Liverpools a wicked place, cant wait to go back!!

I did see the Community Shield 2006 in Cardiff when we played Cheslea but i had to sit in the Chelsea end so i dont really talk about that  :laugh:
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #88: Oct 11, 2007 04:31:19 pm
      April 3, 1996.

Liverpool vs Newcastle at Anfield.
      Final score: 4-3.

Ill never forget Stan Collymore's 2 goals....still one of the most memorable games ive ever seen!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #89: Oct 29, 2007 09:25:22 pm
      Ten thousand views for this topic and 89 replies.  Christ - have none of you ever been to Anfield?
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #90: Oct 29, 2007 09:32:46 pm
      First game I ever saw was at Highbury Arsenal vs. Liverpool In Arsenals unbeaten season the infamous Henry hat-trick when he was 'injured'. First home game Liverpool vs. Man United/ scum F.A. Cup fifth round 2006 2 brilliant games!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #91: Oct 30, 2007 09:52:47 pm
      Ten thousand views for this topic and 89 replies.  Christ - have none of you ever been to Anfield?

Ummm, I haven't YET.

Quick Reply