Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will be the score on Sunday?

Liverpool win?
      50 (58.8%)
      Newcastle win?
      21 (24.7%)
      Draw?
      14 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Newcastle V Liverpool 1st April 2012 1.30 ko

Read 8303 times
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Newcastle V Liverpool 1st April 2012 1.30 ko
      Mar 28, 2012 10:51:53 pm

Tricky 'ole game this one. Newcastle off the back of a good win at the hawthorns while we suffered a bad defeat to Wigan. I do believe this is a winnable game as Newcastle can be got at especially their back line without POODLEHEAD.

Luis Suarez is obviously our dangerman and alot rests on him but Steven Gerrard usually plays well against Newcastle so he will be well up for it. Looking for a bit of passion and commitment but I'm going for this team:

--------------------------------------Reina-----------------------------------------
      ----------Kelly------------Carra-------------Skrtel-----------Enrique----------
      ------------------------------------Spearing--------------------------------------
      ------------Downing--------------Gerrard-------------------Maxi--------------
      ------------------------Suarez---------------Carroll------------------------------

0-2. Carroll and Suarez.

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44106.0

View from the castle.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2012 10:26:42 am by MsGerrard »
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Re: Newcastle V Liverpool 1st April 2012
      Reply #1: Mar 29, 2012 02:25:35 am
      funnily enough I am quite looking forward to this, its away from Home = less pressure, I expect we will not be favourites to win = Less pressure. Would definetly start with Carroll & Jose, playing against their old team they will want to impress, give Streling the last half hour to run em ragged,  2-0 to us, Carroll and SG
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #2: Mar 29, 2012 02:42:20 am
      funnily enough I am quite looking forward to this, its away from Home = less pressure, I expect we will not be favourites to win = Less pressure. Would definetly start with Carroll & Jose, playing against their old team they will want to impress, give Streling the last half hour to run em ragged,  2-0 to us, Carroll and SG
      Would love to see us play Sterling for at least half an hour. Think he can actually have a big impact.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #3: Mar 29, 2012 03:26:20 am
      Would love to see us play Sterling for at least half an hour. Think he can actually have a big impact.

Agreed x1000
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Mar 29, 2012 04:18:21 am
      Their defence is shot to sh*t at the moment, we really have no excuses here. It is a must and should win game!
      Lvpfanatic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 29, 2012 06:26:14 am
      It is a must win game indeed. I wouldn't want to be in Carroll's shoes in this game. But our recent form suggests we'll get beat again and they'll more demands for Kenny's head.

Nevertheless, I hope to see Sterling given more first team play time. This kid will be the next J.Barnes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #6: Mar 29, 2012 07:57:27 am
      Doni; Flanagan, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique; Spearing, Shelvey; Suarez, Gerrard, Maxi; Carroll.

Subs: Reina, Carra, Kelly (if fit otherwise Aurelio), Henderson, Downing, Sterling, Kuyt.

Obviously if some of the lads are back from injury and fit (mainly Bellamy and Johnson) I'd think about slotting them in.
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 29, 2012 08:07:57 am
      We have been getting some huge stick this week and as such there is a point to prove. The players have to perform this week and show that they have not just rolled over.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Mar 29, 2012 08:23:17 am
      We need to win this and put some pride back in our famous RED SHIRT.I am not worried which 11 players start the match as long as they put a 100% effort in and can hold their heads up high when the final whistle goes.Don't let us down lads.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #9: Mar 29, 2012 08:27:09 am
      Reina will not be dropped....

Reina

Coates                       Carra               Skrtel

Kuyt               Henderson             Spearing         Gerrard          Enrique

Carroll                  Suarez

Subs: Doni, Flanno, Maxi, Sterling, Bellamy, Downing, Aurelio

Not going to predict a score - as a loss wouldn't surprise me.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #10: Mar 29, 2012 08:50:14 am
      Reina will not be dropped....

And nor should he.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Mar 29, 2012 08:56:13 am
      We'll win this comfortably, its the type of game where our players turn up and do the business.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #12: Mar 29, 2012 08:56:28 am
      Will be tough but if i was Kenny this week id be ripping them to F**k in training and telling them that our target for the last 8 games of the season is to finish above these, and if i dont see you F***ing putting it in and producing performances for the fans then you wont play at wembley.. Dont save yourself for that because if i see anything less than 100% then you wont play there or for this club next season.. 8 games to go to turnaround an 8 point deficit on these so its a must win...

Tossers..........

Anyway.

Reina
      Flanagan  Skrtel    Coates  Enrique

Downing Spearing Gerrard Sterling

Suarez
                           Carroll

Subs: Doni, Carra, Aurelio, Henderson, Kuyt, Maxi, Shelvey

Id throw the kid in, he looked a right pacy handful last weekend, these will expect him to start off the bench and maybe wont factor in a start, get him in get him running at them, then take him off for Maxi to link with Luis for the last half hour..

Absolutely must win...
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #13: Mar 29, 2012 09:03:29 am
      Heard Collocini is out for them which could be massive.

Regardless, depends which Liverpool team turns up. If its the one who wants to fight, we'll stuff um. If its the one of the last two matches, we're fu**ed.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #14: Mar 29, 2012 09:25:24 am
      We need to see if the Reserves are able to step up...
      vaughan
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #15: Mar 29, 2012 09:36:33 am
      I got a feeling that Sunday is gonna be a good day. Andy Carroll's day.
      MsGerrard
      Re: Newcastle V Liverpool 1st April 2012 1.30 ko
      Reply #16: Mar 29, 2012 10:31:46 am
      Added a poll, I think we'll draw this game 2-2, would love us to win and I sincerely hope we do, but I feel like I've had the stuffing knocked out of me from the last two games, feel on a bit of a downer and I can't see us getting the win we all desperately need to lift the spirits.

All I ask is that players don't hide and shirk their responsibilites like I feel they have done the last couple of games, we need everyone to up their game and get the three points.

April Fools Day - let's hope the media don't have a field day and make us the fools, come on lads we need this.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17: Mar 29, 2012 10:58:58 am
      Newcastle V Liverpool | Tactical & Opta Statistical Preview

Tim Krul and Pepe Reina are the only 2 players from both sides to play every minute of every game in their respective sides in the Premier League this season.

Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll have both came on from the bench 13 times this season, more than any of their team-mates.

Leon Best has been substituted 14 times this season, more than any other Newcastle player.

Dirk Kuyt has been substituted 10 times for Liverpool this season, more than any other Liverpool player.

Danny Simpson is the only outfield player from both teams to have started all 30 games in the Premier League this season.

Demba Ba is Newcastle’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 16 goals.

Luis Suarez in Liverpool’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 7 goals.

Both Newcastle and Liverpool have benefited from 4 own goals this season.

The last draw at Newcastle between these two sides was on 6th December 2003.

Newcastle have a streak of 13 games without a draw against Liverpool in the Premier League and they have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 matches against Liverpool in the League.

Newcastle are now 6 home matches without a defeat in the League. Last defeated at home by West Brom 2-3 on 21st December 2011.

Liverpool have now lost 3 matches in a row away from home and haven’t drawn an away game since 21st December 2011

Liverpool have drawn 99 Premier League games away from home and scored 498 goals on the road.

Only Wolves (5) have picked up fewer points than Liverpool ( 8 in the Premier league in 2012).

Papiss Demba Cisse has scored five goals in his six Premier League appearances for Newcastle.

Dirk Kuyt has scored in five of his seven Premier League starts against Newcastle, including the last three in a row.

Liverpool have won six of their last seven Premier League games against the Magpies, losing the other.

Newcastle’s last victory in this meeting came last season against Liverpool at St James Park when Andy Carroll scored in the 90th minute for the Magpies.

The Reds have lost five of their last six Premier League matches, including their last three on the road.

Steven Gerrard has assisted a goal in each of his last four Premier League starts against Newcastle.

Gerrard has also netted five goals in his last five league appearances against the Magpies.

Alan Pardew’s side are unbeaten in their last six matches at the Sports Direct Arena, winning four of those.

Opta
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #18: Mar 29, 2012 11:24:25 am
      Had a quick glance at their forum. They were ight.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #19: Mar 29, 2012 01:07:42 pm
      I'm missing a trip to Germany so that I could watch this on some shitty stream at home. We better F***ing tw*t them!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #20: Mar 29, 2012 03:30:18 pm
      I think we'll win this. The players will be playing for a place in the semi-final at Wembley.

I'd love to see Sterling get another chance from the bench - I can't see him starting the game. Big Andy and Enrique will both want to play well against their former club and I think they will both start.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #21: Mar 29, 2012 05:44:54 pm
      I'm missing a trip to Germany so that I could watch this on some shitty stream at home. We better f**king tw*t them!

;D I hope we win for you :P
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Mar 29, 2012 05:46:07 pm
      I'd just want to see us press them high up, sick of us giving space to teams to play
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #23: Mar 29, 2012 05:52:50 pm
      I'd just want to see us press them high up, sick of us giving space to teams to play
      Seems to be the new style  :roll:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Mar 29, 2012 05:56:09 pm
      Raheem Sterling has supposedly been training with the first team all week and has been very impressive.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #25: Mar 29, 2012 06:05:08 pm
      Raheem Sterling has supposedly been training with the first team all week and has been very impressive.

Not really that difficult. It would be good to see him on from the KO.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #26: Mar 29, 2012 08:58:18 pm
      Would be great for Sterling to start, something different, somebody going out to make a big impression and try to get some first team action till the end of the season.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #27: Mar 29, 2012 09:01:49 pm
      Gonna be a difficult game with the pace they have up front and the trickery of Ben Arfa. But if we could grind out a win I'd say we'll eventually pip them for 6th spot by the end of the season.

It's a big game for us.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #28: Mar 29, 2012 09:03:01 pm
      I'm hoping Johnson, Agger and Bellamy will be fit by Sunday, we've not been the same team since they've been injured.

I'd really like to see Sterling start, apparently he's been training with the first team all week and if the 8 minutes he got against Wigan are anything to go by - He's going to be a brilliant player. Maybe he's the Right Midfielder we've needed!

I'd like to see this line up:

Reina

Kelly
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Enrique

Sterling
      Gerrard (c)
      Spearing
      Downing

Suarez
      Carroll

Subs; Doni, Johnson, Coates, Henderson, Shelvey, Kuyt, Bellamy.

If Agger is fully fit i'd put him straight in the team, Carra has lost it this season and has been at fault for a number of goals recently. Let's try and get Skrtel and Agger's partnership back! Not sure if Johnson will be fit enough for a start, so I'd put Kelly in and maybe bring Johnson on for Sterling in the 70/75th min to ease back him in. I'd start Sterling over Kuyt on the right - Kuyt is slow and has no real skill, where as Sterling is the opposite! Play Gerrard and Spearo in the middle - Spearo dropping deeper so Stevie can push up and support Suarez and Carroll. There is no reason not to play those two upfront, we play so much better when they lead the line. I'd also bring Bellamy on towards the end of the game.

Newcastle have real defensive problems and with Coloccini out i'm sure we can win this.

I'm going for a 1-2 win, Suarez and Gerrard (pen) to win us the game :)

YNWA!
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #29: Mar 29, 2012 09:09:49 pm
      Would have Aurellio playing Left Mid and helping out Enrique as Ben Arfa could cause Havoc especially if Agger isnt back. Mind you their back four is little short of s**t so should go for the julgular, Sterling to play the last 20 minutes
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #30: Mar 29, 2012 09:29:05 pm
      At this point, I don't really care how our league results go.... I think it is much more important for us to develop youngsters who will help us for seasons to come.  That being said, I'd like to see how the following lineup fares: 

Pepe
      Flano Skrtel Coates Enrique
             Spearo  Shelvey
        Hendo  Stevie  Downing
                    Suarez

***  Bring on Suso and Sterling with about 30 minutes left in the game to give them both a good taste of Premier League action. 
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #31: Mar 30, 2012 07:41:06 am
      At this point, I don't really care how our league results go.... I think it is much more important for us to develop youngsters who will help us for seasons to come.  That being said, I'd like to see how the following lineup fares: 

Pepe
             Spearo  Shelvey
        Hendo  Stevie  Downing
                    Suarez

***  Bring on Suso and Sterling with about 30 minutes left in the game to give them both a good taste of Premier League action. 
      Great Team and bringing those two on are a deffo to me.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #32: Mar 30, 2012 02:02:42 pm
      Reina
      Flanagan  Skrtel  Coates  Enrique
      Spearing
      Kuyt      Suarez Gerrard    Downing
      Carroll

Something like a 4-1-4-1, with Suarez pushing higher, Gerrard pulling back behind Suarez. Bring on Sterling with 30 left.

Just attack. We really don't anything to lose at this point.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #33: Mar 30, 2012 02:07:21 pm
      Reina
      Flanagan  Skrtel  Coates  Enrique
      Spearing
      Kuyt      Suarez Gerrard    Downing
      Carroll

Something like a 4-1-4-1, with Suarez pushing higher, Gerrard pulling back behind Suarez. Bring on Sterling with 30 left.

Just attack. We really don't anything to lose at this point.

Like the look of that team, would put Bellamy in for Downing if hes fit though, that team would really fill me with confidence.

« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2012 04:48:13 pm by redkenny »
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #34: Mar 30, 2012 02:49:13 pm

Pepe
             Spearo  Shelvey
        Hendo  Stevie  Downing
                    Suarez

Wouldn't have Hendo as RM.

My team:

Reina; Johnno (If fit; Kelly if not; If both are still unfit then Flanno), Carra, Skrtel, Enrique; Maxi, Gerrard, Spearo, Downing; Carroll, Suarez

Reckon we'll do this lot 4-1 and start a run of form, from now until the end of the year.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #35: Mar 30, 2012 03:03:49 pm
      ^ I just don't see any point in playing the likes of Carra, Maxi, Kuyt, or Bellers over some of our younger players for the rest of the league season.  We have nothing other than pride left to play for, and at least a few of these players will probably be moved on either this summer or the following one.  We should use this as an opportunity to develop some of our young starlets and help ease them into the 1st team setup. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36: Mar 30, 2012 03:16:06 pm
                            Reina
      Flanagan    Carra    Skrtel    Enrique

Henderson    Gerrard   Spearing     Downing

Suarez   Carroll

Just go for it....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Mar 30, 2012 08:16:02 pm
      Predict result - not this time. Have no idea. Depends what team shows up.
      Cmon boys, show some spirit ...
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,617 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #38: Mar 30, 2012 09:51:01 pm
      Reina
      Flanno - Carra - Skrtel - Enrique
      Spearing - Gerrard
      Kuyt - Henderson - Maxi
      Suarez

Sterling, Suso and Carroll subs at some stage...
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #39: Mar 30, 2012 10:11:39 pm
      I won't celebrate if I score against club I love, says Carroll ahead of Newcastle return

Newcastle fans may not have forgiven Andy Carroll for leaving them to join Liverpool last January, but the striker claims he still loves his hometown club.

In fact, Carroll, who Liverpool paid £35million for on deadline day last year, says he will not celebrate should he score when the Reds visit St James' Park on Sunday.

In an interview with the Newcastle Evening Chronicle, the 23-year-old admitted he still looks out for the club's results, and that he hopes to get a good reception on his return.

'If I scored on Sunday then I wouldn’t celebrate,' said Carroll. 'I hope I get a good reception from the fans, they’ll be getting one from me.

'I thought I did well for the club when I was there and loved it. I have some great memories from playing there.

'I have always had a good relationship with the Newcastle fans and it stems back to playing for them.'

Carroll scored 17 league goals as Newcastle won promotion from the Championship in 2009-10, before notching 11 Premier League goals prior to his transfer last season.

His departure drew resentment from Magpies fans, expressed in their 3-1 defeat at Anfield in December, but the sixth-placed club have since pulled eight points clear of Liverpool as recruits signed from money raised by Carroll's sale have flourished.

And Carroll is hoping that those factors will lead to a good reception from the club he says he loves.

Struggling: Liverpool have lost five of their last six league games

'I still love the club and have a lot of friends still at Newcastle,' he said. 'I always want to see them doing well.

'I want to do well for Liverpool of course. But when I come off the pitch playing for Liverpool, how Newcastle have got on is the first score I look for.

'That will always be the case. I want to see them win because I’m still a fan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2122730/Andy-Carroll-wont-celebrate-scores-Newcastle.html
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #40: Mar 31, 2012 06:49:38 am
      well you can look up at the scoreboard during the game and see just how well they're doing in real time andy, let's just hope they aren't doing well at all at that time!
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #41: Mar 31, 2012 11:13:51 am
      The good news is that Newcastle are not in the bottom 3 so we might show a bit of fight.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Mar 31, 2012 11:22:39 am
      Irrespective of current form or opposition - I could never bring myself to predict a defeat... so victory it is. We beat them easily enough at home so, if we can get some sort of shape again at the back, I can see us do them away.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #43: Mar 31, 2012 12:28:26 pm
      We just need to start winning, improve our league record and start buidling some momentum and confidence for the cup semi final.

Defeat would leave us 11 points behind the Geordies FFS, but a win and I think we'll finish above them.

Pepe

Flanno  Carra  Skrtel    Enrique

Spearing  Gerrard
        Maxi                      Downing
                 Suarez   
                          Carroll
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #44: Mar 31, 2012 12:37:02 pm
      We have nothing other than pride left to play for

Totally disagree mate, I want 10 wins from now until the end of the season!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Mar 31, 2012 01:18:56 pm
      Came home from the pub thinking we played tonight. 24 hours premature. F**k sake.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #46: Mar 31, 2012 02:18:37 pm
      Totally disagree mate, I want 10 wins from now until the end of the season!
      I keep telling the kids i want dont get ! We will have to put in some good 90 minute performances to achieve that .
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #47: Mar 31, 2012 02:52:12 pm
                             Pepe
      Flanagan   Skrtel  Agger  Enrique                   
                           Spearo

Downing       Gerrard         Sterling
                    Suarez        Carroll

I would go with this line up, for mainly 2 reasons.
      1) we need to press them and attack and we will get rewards. With Stevie setting up the plays and Spearo covering he can go right with Sterling running behind the fullback, meaning Andy wont drift out wide (why the feck does he do that), and can go left for Suarez.
      2)Having Downing/Carroll on different sides allows for knock downs as Andy should always be heading back post in my op.

I put Carroll in the team as its a "return" to his old club which means he might get a bit of a boot up the butt, but tbh, im tired of defending him,  he needs to score or pick up his game to start restoring faith, i'm getting very tired of him. Downing needs a good game too and needs to find some consistency.

Will be a high scoring game as history has shown just hope we win it. We need this for morale (players and supporters alike) before the trip to Wembley.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #48: Mar 31, 2012 03:03:29 pm
      Can't see us winning this one unfortunately, so I'm going 2-0 Newcastle.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #49: Mar 31, 2012 03:32:19 pm
      A sad state of our season when 18 people think Newcastle will beat us and only 29 think we'll win  :(
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #50: Mar 31, 2012 05:04:24 pm
      A sad state of our season when 18 people think Newcastle will beat us and only 29 think we'll win  :(

Agreed, the lack of belief is pretty sad, but completely understandable given our recent form.

Pepe
      Flanagan   Skrtel  Agger  Enrique                   
                           Spearo

Downing       Gerrard         Sterling
                    Suarez        Carroll

I would go with this line up, for mainly 2 reasons.
      1) we need to press them and attack and we will get rewards. With Stevie setting up the plays and Spearo covering he can go right with Sterling running behind the fullback, meaning Andy wont drift out wide (why the feck does he do that), and can go left for Suarez.
      2)Having Downing/Carroll on different sides allows for knock downs as Andy should always be heading back post in my op.

I put Carroll in the team as its a "return" to his old club which means he might get a bit of a boot up the butt, but tbh, im tired of defending him,  he needs to score or pick up his game to start restoring faith, i'm getting very tired of him. Downing needs a good game too and needs to find some consistency.

Will be a high scoring game as history has shown just hope we win it. We need this for morale (players and supporters alike) before the trip to Wembley.

Although I don't honestly think Kenny will start Sterling, I really like the look of that lineup, if Agger is fit to start. Raheem should really start. We need his pace and trickery, his confidence is definitely higher than most others, and it'd be good for him and good for us. If he doesn't start, hopefully he'll come on by the 60th and hopefully Suso will be on the bench to come on as well.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #51: Mar 31, 2012 05:13:00 pm
      Agreed, the lack of belief is pretty sad, but completely understandable given our recent form.

True, but it's imperative we win now tomorrow as the blues overtake us in the table  :f_steam:
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #52: Mar 31, 2012 05:15:37 pm
      Came home from the pub thinking we played tonight. 24 hours premature. F**k sake.

Had this problem a few times. Sick of coming early.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Reply #53: Mar 31, 2012 05:22:08 pm

Have you had consultations over it?  ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #54: Mar 31, 2012 05:29:29 pm

Ooooh matron!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #55: Mar 31, 2012 08:14:27 pm
      generic 4-3 comment ;)

It's hard to predict a win here :(

Carroll & Suarez up front for me. The rest of the team is fairly easy to pick. I would play Coates, not Carra tho. He hinders the team so much lately, the thing is is that Kenny won't drop him.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #56: Mar 31, 2012 10:14:14 pm
      Dear highly paid LFC players and management:
      • You are closer to Wigan in 19th than you are to Arsenal in 3rd
      • If you lose, you will be 11 points back of 6th place Newcastle
      • If you lose, you will be in 8th, a point behind THEM, and just one point ahead of 9th place Sunderland
      Could you please discuss these items before the Newcastle match.  Much appreciated.

Signed,
      Your Loving Yet Embarrassed And Frustrated Supporters

P.S. Andy, just this once, for your own sake, play like a 35M striker. Thank you.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #57: Mar 31, 2012 11:38:43 pm
      Good post above^^

--------------------Reina-------------------
      ------Kelly-----Skrtel---Agger---Enrique
      --------Gerrard---Hendo----Spearing---
      ---------Suarez------Carroll----Bellers--

CMON redmen
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #58: Apr 01, 2012 12:41:39 am
      Don't wanna jynx it but we do play better against sides above us than when we play against sides below us  :P
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #59: Apr 01, 2012 03:42:20 am
      let's make the toon feel foolish!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 772 
      Reply #60: Apr 01, 2012 07:25:15 am
      Will be at work today, hope for a much improved performance and a decent result.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,348 posts | 2871 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #61: Apr 01, 2012 10:10:29 am
      Best of luck to Kenny and the boys today. Lets get back to winning ways lads. April can be a good month for us

Y.N.W.A
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #62: Apr 01, 2012 10:14:38 am
      I expect us to win today i don't give a sh*t what the papers say Newcastle are still a
      very average side.
      They are above us in the league & we don't have a problem playing sides above us.
      Its the dross at the bottom of the table we strangely can't beat..
      I also think a rest for Pepe may do the trick he's lost some concentration lately.

Doni
              Flanagan Skrtel Coates Enrique
             Bellemy Shelvey Gerrard Maxi
                           Suarez Carroll

Suso Sterling on the bench please Kenny.

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #63: Apr 01, 2012 11:21:39 am
      This should be a good test today, but can we win it with each teams respective forms? I hate to be a pessimist but I don't think it's gonna happen
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #64: Apr 01, 2012 11:22:36 am
      I expect us to win today i don't give a sh*t what the papers say Newcastle are still a
      very average side.

If they are an average side, then what are we? xD
      LFCexiled
      Reply #65: Apr 01, 2012 11:24:57 am
      If they are an average side, then what are we? xD

Above average but performing below average. ;)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #66: Apr 01, 2012 12:32:47 pm
      NUFC Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Perch, Gutierrez (c); Guthrie, Tiote, Cabaye; Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,873 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #67: Apr 01, 2012 12:33:26 pm
      Knocking of work one hour early tonight  ;D. Would have only got home for the last 30 minutes but now I get home just in time for KO.  :angel:

Come on you Reds, time to slap some Barcodes.

A very nervy 2-1 win for us. Kuyt and Suarez with the goals.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #68: Apr 01, 2012 12:38:38 pm

Quick Reply