Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Discussions

Read 32288 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Aston Villa
      Reply #552: Apr 07, 2012 05:03:08 pm
      70% of the ball, two shots batted off the line by Given and hit the woodwork 3 times. Take the positives and build on it.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #553: Apr 07, 2012 05:03:37 pm
      We need to play more like how we did ending the game more often.

And we need Agger fit badly!!

been thinking the same for a while

get Derren Brown in to hypnotise the team to think were 1-0 down from the off in each game and attack attack attack !
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #554: Apr 07, 2012 05:04:06 pm
      Very frustrating,We should of been pressing like that after they scored,Another 2 points dropped  at home :mad: :mad:
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #555: Apr 07, 2012 05:04:25 pm
      Arm chair critic. Did you forget to measure the speed of the Gerrard Ball that Kuyt tried to intercept? Or have you so forgotten the first goal Kuyt scored that was denied as a goalmouth clearance?

So what, we can complain about decisions we didn't get all day our form will still be sh*te

And if you are defending misses like that you can straight F**k off

Maybe take off the rose tinted glasses once in a while and look at why our form is the second worst in the league.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #556: Apr 07, 2012 05:04:30 pm
      Hopefully we get a top class midfielder right midfielder and striker in Summer.

What about Downing looks like he couldnt give a sh*te

Downing for me too does'nt look like he gives a sh*te. Drop him like a hot snot and give raheem a shot, nothing to loose at this stage..
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #557: Apr 07, 2012 05:04:39 pm
      Arm chair critic. Did you forget to measure the speed of the Gerrard Ball that Kuyt tried to intercept? Or have you so forgotten the first goal Kuyt scored that was denied as a goalmouth clearance?

The faster that kind of pass is played the better. If it was any slower the defender would have intercepted it.
      Were not playing ice hockey. The ball wasnt going at light speed.
      Kuyt is just too old and rusty to react quickly and manipulate his foot.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #558: Apr 07, 2012 05:04:52 pm
      Hopefully we get a top class midfielder right midfielder and striker in Summer.

What about Downing looks like he couldnt give a sh*te

I thought Downing played well and Kenny made the wrong sub when he put Bellemy on. At least Downing was getting balls in the box today which would of suited Andy more. Bad result today we should of won the game anyway IMO.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #559: Apr 07, 2012 05:05:19 pm
      Woodwork, officials, not taking chances.

Normal service is resumed.

Let the bitching commence.
      Agreed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #560: Apr 07, 2012 05:05:20 pm
      Yet still easily the best this pathetic league has to offer.  Speaks volumes to me.

Come on Reds, let's do this.

harsh, I think Michael Oliver is a great referee, any other ref would have caved into the Kop today and while I want to see that from a bias viewpoint, it is good to see a ref with bollocks.

Although he didn't give Blackburn a pen in front of the Stretford End last week, but hey you can't expect him to give a pen at OT.

Edit: Sorry read that wrong, mate. Thought you were calling him a pathetic referee. My bad!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #561: Apr 07, 2012 05:05:44 pm
      Agree stephen cant understand the lack of pressure on the ball in the first half.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #562: Apr 07, 2012 05:05:45 pm
      The team that finished the match should have been the one that started to be honest, villa were under the kosh from the off in then 2nd half and we played well to get level, real shame not getting a deserved 2nd.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #563: Apr 07, 2012 05:05:55 pm
      You have to be beating Villa at home

Yes you do.....when you're in decent form.

We're not, we're a team VERY low on confidence and really struggling for form. So today wasn't a disaster.

For me, today and Tuesday's games are both about getting some confidence back into the team ahead of the semi-final.

Did we do that today? To a certain degree, yes.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #564: Apr 07, 2012 05:05:59 pm
      I think our main problem is our defence sitting deep. If theyre pushed higher, we get that kind of football we saw in the second half.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #565: Apr 07, 2012 05:06:08 pm
      We played very well in the second half. Proud of the team for finally showing a bit of F***ing fight. The result of course is a disappointment but I'm not going to get bogged down in it. We played well and deserved a win, so well done boys.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #566: Apr 07, 2012 05:06:31 pm
      I thought Downing played well and Kenny made the wrong sub when he put Bellemy on. At least Downing was getting balls in the box today which would of suited Andy more. Bad result today we should of won the game anyway IMO.
      Downing was sh*t mate and Carroll had a couple of decent chances.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #567: Apr 07, 2012 05:07:13 pm
      I'm only going to take positives from today's game,not cos I'm burying my head in the sand but it was a vast improvement over recents months.
      The performance was just as important today for me.
      Just wish we played the 90 minutes the way we played the last 45,agger made a big impact when he came on.can certainly see him starting the semi.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #568: Apr 07, 2012 05:08:15 pm
      I don't understand why Downing could not do more of what we did that one time in the beginning. He knocked the ball past the opponent and got in a fantastic cross.

Ok so now he knows he has the beating of him....but he never makes that type of play again. Pretty boggling stuff.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #569: Apr 07, 2012 05:08:23 pm

Well he clearly didn't as Bellamy had a far greater impact on the game when he came on. Thought Kenny got his subs spot on today.

Arghhh I wish Andy would grab us a late winner! He really should have done today :(
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #570: Apr 07, 2012 05:08:36 pm
      I was pleased with how we kept going, showing effort and urgency to win the game. We were let down with bad luck (woodwork), a goal that never was when Given's punching the air suggested he knew it was over the line and the ref who didn't give a penalty - I only saw one genuine pen claim although others spotted more than one.

If we play like this against the Blueshite, we should win.

Villa were sh*t today.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #571: Apr 07, 2012 05:09:08 pm
      On a positive note.

On an extremly positive note.

Hendo was F***ing insane today. Perfectly executed long balls. A couple defence splitting passess. And an incredible 90 min sliding tackle.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #572: Apr 07, 2012 05:09:34 pm
      Yes you do.....when you're in decent form.

We're not, we're a team VERY low on confidence and really struggling for form. So today wasn't a disaster.

For me, today and Tuesday's games are both about getting some confidence back into the team ahead of the semi-final.

Did we do that today? To a certain degree, yes.

We should be beating them anyway they are absolutely shocking and why i wouldnt get carried away with the result
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #573: Apr 07, 2012 05:10:03 pm
      Deserved the win, Villa were none-existant in attack for most of the game, pretty much 1 shot on target and a goal, any blame Doni is getting is unfair thought he did well for his debut. Henderson started sh*t but grew into the game and had a cracker by the end of it, some of his passing is sublime but he really needs to sort his decision making and time to enter the space, could be a real good player if he just learns a few small aspects.

Gerrard missing too much of the game for me, came alive a bit at the end but overall wasn't strong enough in the centre, Shelvey also, not a bad game just not enough of an impact made. Thought Skrtel was excellent at the back and Flanno did alright but out of position a few times. Kuyt should of a had a couple and some shocking misses, thought Suarez was our biggest threat all game and Carroll had little to no impact when coming on. Downing was the negative for me, horrible game, bar one decent cross did absolutely nothing and didn't beat his man once again, tired of this lad now.

Special mention for Agger, loved his cameo, great to have him back, quality player and made a real difference when coming on.

Performance as a hole deserved the win and on the back of a shocker I'm pleased enough with it, obviously the result is sh*t but how often have we had the result match the performance this season.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #574: Apr 07, 2012 05:10:20 pm
      I'm only going to take positives from today's game,not cos I'm burying my head in the sand but it was a vast improvement over recents months.
      The performance was just as important today for me.
      Just wish we played the 90 minutes the way we played the last 45,agger made a big impact when he came on.can certainly see him starting the semi.

Good points.  Probably the main reason for him coming on, to give him some match time.  He is a very important player for us.

Quick Reply