Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Winners and Losers - PL Impact

Read 5264 times
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Winners and Losers - PL Impact
      Reply #23: Apr 06, 2012 07:23:02 pm
      I,d like to see Lucas and Shelvey paired up ,both can tackle ,both set up attacks ,both are wanting to perform ! Also think Kelly should have the nod over Johnson at right back
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #24: Apr 11, 2012 09:23:00 am
      Bump!

When I heard Gerrard was being rested last night I wasn't concerned.  Sometimes it's all too easy for Liverpool to look to find Gerrard when we're not playing well expecting hin to sort it out.  They didn't have that option last night and it was no surprise therefore that they got the win.

We've won 1 out of 11 PL games with Gerrard.

Which means we've won 11 out of 22 without him.

Some of you think it's mere coincidence.  I'm not so sure.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25: Apr 11, 2012 09:36:06 am
      Sometimes it's all too easy for Liverpool to look to find Gerrard when we're not playing well expecting hin to sort it out.

Without a doubt JD but isn't that more a failing on the others behalf than Gerrard's? Surely if he was playing and others stepped up to the mark around him we'd win more.  :confused-smiley-013:
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #26: Apr 12, 2012 02:11:04 am
      Without a doubt JD but isn't that more a failing on the others behalf than Gerrard's? Surely if he was playing and others stepped up to the mark around him we'd win more.  :confused-smiley-013:

This. Stats alone don't mean much. Many of the people on this site has been critical of the 'money ball' philosophy used to scout for players recently suggesting that stats alone don't mean a thing. Players are more than just stats. And in the same manner I don't believe you can blame Gerrard for our poor season by any means.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Apr 12, 2012 02:31:12 am
      Don't need stats to see he's been sh*te for at least 3 seasons now.

He needs to wake up to himself right now IMO. One performance every month or two doesn't make up for everything else as Liverpool skipper.

Quick Reply