Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match tonight?

Maxi Rodriguez
      48 (28.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      36 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      31 (18.5%)
      Craig Bellamy
      15 (8.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (6%)
      Jay Spearing
      1 (0.6%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      22 (13.1%)
      Someone else?
      5 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Blackburn 2-3 Liverpool: In-game and post-match celebrations

Read 50758 times
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Re: Blackburn 2-3 Liverpool: In-game and post-match celebrations
      Reply #897: Apr 10, 2012 11:00:40 pm
      Flanno probably needs to be sent on loan somewhere to get some regular playtime and gain composure, looked as if today he was just doing first and then thinking far far later.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #898: Apr 10, 2012 11:00:56 pm

Yes Digger! ;D Now I am out! On a much happier note! Cheers for that, mate :)
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #899: Apr 10, 2012 11:01:24 pm
      Jonjo Shelvey on Twitter:

J.Shelvey.. ‏ @Jshelvey33
      Great win tonight , great support , needed the win before a massive game on saturday!! #fightingspirt #ynwa
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #900: Apr 10, 2012 11:04:27 pm
      Are some people never F***ing happy?

We started brightly, got a two goal lead with two very well taken Maxi goals and then silly errors cost us and allowed Blackburn back into the game. Then due to hard work and graft, which we've lacked for a couple of games now, we ended up winning our first game for god knows how long. And still people wanna moan. F**k that la, rather rejoice in our victory. It's almost as if people have forgotten how to.

Great ball out the back from Skrtel to set Bellamy on his way. Good ball across the box from the Welshman for Maxi to knock in.
      Good work in the middle from Shelvey, nice to see a central midfielder go forward with the ball. Scuffed effort but still on target, Carroll worked hard to keep it alive and another well taken finish by Maxi. Very nice to see our left winger getting in and around the box.
      School boy defending for their first, nobody marking anybody.
      Second was just a horror show from Jones.
      Our winner was because we were prepared to fight till the end. Had Blackburn on the back foot for a few minutes and got our reward. Carroll deserved that goal because he put himself about a fair bit all game.

The red card to Doni was a red and was a pen, can't complain with any of it. Was a bad pass by Flanagan who struggled throughout his time on the pitch but hopefully he'll come back from this even stronger.

Few selection problems for Kenny ahead of our second trip of the season to Wembley but that's exactly what he would of wanted. But he's a pr**k apparently, F***ing shocking to see that labeled at Kenny Dalglish. Ah well Kenny, when we lose you're a bad manager and when we win you're a bad human.

Apart from what I've read on here, I'm actually chuffed to bits tonight. F***ing bouncing and can't wait for the Derby day banter to really get going now it's the next game. Bring the bitters on because this is the start of our winning streak from now till the end of the season.
      Only just came back from my dads have read a few pages and decided to skip the rest ,quite shocking some of the sh*t going on in here come matchday ,cant please them all ,wont say no more as you Billy have just about said it all for me ,.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #901: Apr 10, 2012 11:05:17 pm
      Any more suggestions that we should sell Johnson as we have Kelly and flanagan im going to go mad. With Kelly injury problems no F***ing way would i sell Johnson would be insanity 
      So who scored the winner Corbs.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #902: Apr 10, 2012 11:06:10 pm

Corbs already acknowledged Andy's contribution about 2 pages back, fair play to him.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #903: Apr 10, 2012 11:07:57 pm
      Well in reds delighted to "win ugly". We needed that. Iv been very critcal of hendo but he showed great charcter and i think we will have a top player if he shows more belief
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #904: Apr 10, 2012 11:08:15 pm
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #905: Apr 10, 2012 11:08:55 pm
      Corbs already acknowledged Andy's contribution about 2 pages back, fair play to him.
      Did he i must have a look for myself.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #906: Apr 10, 2012 11:10:29 pm
      Fergie boycotted interviews for years.

Yes, and he isn't now because he is forced to give interviews to SKY and the BBC.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #907: Apr 10, 2012 11:11:47 pm
      Maxi on Twitter:

Maxi Rodríguez ‏ @MR11ok
      Thank you for the support and luckily the 2 goals served to return to victory

And Luis:

Luis Suarez ‏ @luis16suarez
      Very happy for the win in a very difficult match. Time to think now on the semi-finals next saturday.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #908: Apr 10, 2012 11:12:46 pm
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #909: Apr 10, 2012 11:13:03 pm
      Did he i must have a look for myself.
      Yer fair play just saw the comment. I would of felt a bit sorry for Carroll this game if we drew because people will be slagging him off. It is a very hard time to score when your team only has 10 players especially when your striker is a big Centre Forward.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #910: Apr 10, 2012 11:13:32 pm
      I thought the same thing when watching it, wouldn't be surprised if he gets banned for a couple games. Hope not but if so i think Agger & Coates would do just fine, NOT Carragher, i repeat NOT Carragher :D.

There was a punch, are you sure? No one on sky or even BBC noticed it
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #911: Apr 10, 2012 11:15:39 pm
      But honestly we all want us to win but do you think we will looking at our form

Like I said mate, each passing game is a chance to get three points. I thought regardless of our form, that we had the mental strength to turn things around. That's why I had us down for a win.

And we got it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #912: Apr 10, 2012 11:18:08 pm
      There was a punch, are you sure? No one on sky or even BBC noticed it

Certainly saw a swinging motion from Skrtel, if the ref had seen it, imo it would of been a red.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #913: Apr 10, 2012 11:20:12 pm
      anybody post a link to that KK & Sky interview?
      sebfc20
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #914: Apr 10, 2012 11:20:17 pm
      Cant believe there is no mention of Seb Coates in here for Man of the match, Thought he did briliantly tonight in the circumstances. Down to 10 men after 20 minutes and put in some really good goal saving tackles towards the end of the game. Looks a brilliant prospect and im hoping he gets a few more games under his belt from now until the end of the season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #915: Apr 10, 2012 11:21:40 pm
      Just back from Ewood and really enjoyed it actually.

I remember the last time I was there prior to tonight - Liverpool fans joined in with 'You're getting sacked in the morning' at Hodgson.  Who promptly was after we folded like a pack of cards.

Tonight, we stood up with 10 men for most of the game and got the win we deserved.  Chants of 'Dalglish' and 'On the march with Kenny's army' were in the air.

Great win.

Special credit to Rodriguez for putting his two away - although he is definitely only a 45 minute player.  Very surprised he got the MOTM on here.

Thought Shelvey did well and even Henderson, as the game wore on, showed a bit more grit and decent movement than I've seen for a while.

Flanagan was a little bit silly in the first half getting himself a yellow and then ultimately causing the problem for Doni.

Ah well - three very well deserved points.

PS.  Blackburn's support is F***ing pitiful.  Worst in the Premier League.  Deserve to go down.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #916: Apr 10, 2012 11:22:27 pm
      Just got back form the boozer now. Fookin ell do we make things difficult for ourselves this season! Absolutley delighted to get the win and I think it was really important to get one going into the weekend. Plain sailing at 2-0 and looking like it would be a walk in the park and then it was simply painful to watch right up until big Andy's winner at the end. Great commitment and effort from the lads who played today and chuffed to bits for Carroll to get the winner. As well as he played throughout the match I couldn't help but lament the gilt edged header he missed that would have given us a 3-1 lead at a crucial time of the match but fairplay to the lad, he kept going and got the goal that his performance deserved at the end there. Hats off to Henderson who did a cracking job at full-back.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #917: Apr 10, 2012 11:22:45 pm
      I know it won't make all that much difference to how our season ends in terms of the league table but I'm delighted we've managed to win, in a dramatic fashion ahead of our semi on Saturday. Hopefully it'll give the lads a much needed confidence booster.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #918: Apr 10, 2012 11:22:53 pm
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #919: Apr 10, 2012 11:24:59 pm

Quick Reply