Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Dr Peter Brukner leaves Liverpool

Read 4863 times
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Re: Dr Peter Brukner leaves Liverpool
      Reply #23: Apr 12, 2012 08:40:47 pm
      To be honest, whilst I'm happy to see them being so ruthless with the under-performing staff behind the scenes, I'd hope they keep their opinions to themselves in summer regarding players. Don't want to be seeing any interference on that front, although I'm sure Kenny would never stand for that and I'm also sure that FSG wouldn't even contemplate it.

I wouldn't have thought they would get involved in the transfers side of things, they're obviously not the experts in that department, and I'd like to think they're not as stupid, as a certain Mr. Abramovich, to think they are!
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 12, 2012 09:21:25 pm
      To be honest, whilst I'm happy to see them being so ruthless with the under-performing staff behind the scenes, I'd hope they keep their opinions to themselves in summer regarding players. Don't want to be seeing any interference on that front, although I'm sure Kenny would never stand for that and I'm also sure that FSG wouldn't even contemplate it.

Yeah thank god they didn't stick their noses in last season
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #25: Apr 12, 2012 09:30:35 pm
      yes very interesting indeed, and thinking back a while quiet a few on here had questioned the medic and physio side of things, looks like some fears were found to be true.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #26: Apr 12, 2012 11:28:17 pm
      Sounds like he was going to leave soon anyways, as he had completed the job he was brought in to do. FSG just sped us the process!

We are grateful to Peter who has been the catalyst for the transformation of our Sports Medicine and Sports Science capability at the Club since he joined two years ago. He has been instrumental in re-defining our requirements and bringing first class people into the team, providing us with a great platform to move forward. We wish him all the best for the future."

First team Manager Kenny Dalglish added: "The framework Peter has established has allowed us to see some very real results in relation to our overall levels of fitness and a reduction in injury levels. Peter acted as the key advisor to the club in this regard, and we wish him well in the future."

Peter Brukner commented: "It has been an honour to work at Liverpool Football Club. I am very proud of what we have achieved over the past two years, as can be seen by the reduced injury rate and improved fitness levels. With a world class staff now in place, I feel I have accomplished what I was asked to do by LFC in 2010 and the Club is in good hands. I wish the Club every success in the future."

EDIT: link + full article here

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1048118/liverpool-announce-departure-of-damien-comolli?cc=5739
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: Apr 12, 2012 11:41:33 pm
      All the best doc & good luck.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28: Apr 12, 2012 11:46:07 pm
      He is an Aussie fella is he not ?

Oh well good luck in the future.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Apr 13, 2012 12:44:15 am
      Thanks and good luck.
      May you have stopped us from using placenta ever again.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #30: Apr 13, 2012 01:02:16 am
      I think we need Dr Who.
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 13, 2012 01:07:33 am
      I don't think he was involved but whoever allowed Lucas back onto the field after his injury at. Chelsea should have had their knuckles wrapped (might have done - don't know)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #32: Apr 13, 2012 01:24:47 am
      I don't think he was involved but whoever allowed Lucas back onto the field after his injury at. Chelsea should have had their knuckles wrapped (might have done - don't know)

I don't recall this?  :f_doh:

Anyways, I always got the impression Brukner was brought in for the sake of keeping Torres healthy hah
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 13, 2012 01:30:55 am

Anyways, I always got the impression Brukner was brought in for the sake of keeping Torres healthy hah

Remember he got injured, came back onto the pitch and broke down 60s later?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #34: Apr 13, 2012 01:41:21 am
      What's up Doc ! what could be better than working for the best club on the planet, but hey, good luck with whatever you 'Prescribe' to do in the future,   YNWA
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #35: Apr 13, 2012 01:45:33 am
      Remember he got injured, came back onto the pitch and broke down 60s later?

Oh yeah that's right. Thanks, I rewatched the video that's on YouTube. Idiotic too because we were up 2-0. Should have subbed him off right then and there.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #36: Apr 13, 2012 01:55:49 am
      Purslow was always after media coups. Well I think treating the injuries of the 'Dandelions' that masquerade as footballers these days needs a Psychologist more than a doctor. I mean you would have shot Kewell if he was a horse. We should have shot him anyway, and pinned it on Gillette and Hicks.
      seacol
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 13, 2012 04:12:33 am
      Whats the scoop on he decision to let go brukner??? LFC are very good at keeping there injuries and medical issues behind closed doors so eager to see why Brukner got the sack. Im guessing his wages had to play some part. Anyone got the story please tell.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #38: Apr 13, 2012 06:32:50 am
      Whats the scoop on he decision to let go brukner??? LFC are very good at keeping there injuries and medical issues behind closed doors so eager to see why Brukner got the sack. Im guessing his wages had to play some part. Anyone got the story please tell.

ya they could not afford his wages.... :roll:
      RedDownUnder
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 13, 2012 06:55:30 am
      FSG need to act quickly and obtain the services of Dr. Nick from the Simpsons. "Hi Everybody"
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,495 posts | 232 
      Reply #40: Apr 13, 2012 08:41:20 am
      I found this really funny

Mark Schwarzer Plays Dead

Anyway my friend who also happens to be a liverpool fan went to Loughborough Uni a few years ago and Brukner apparantly visited it a few times and give talks. He's held very highly in the field of sport science and has a written a best-seller book. I would think its more of a personal decision him leaving or the owners just found something horribly wrong (probably his breath making goalkeepers faint in training...)

According to the news story on the website, hes not leaving immediately,  but by the end of the season.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #41: Apr 13, 2012 09:10:51 am
      Hahaha! Brilliant!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #42: Apr 13, 2012 01:14:13 pm

Think so. Recommended by Harry Kewell I think.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #43: Apr 13, 2012 01:50:56 pm
      I would think its more of a personal decision him leaving or the owners just found something horribly wrong (probably his breath making goalkeepers faint in training...)

According to the news story on the website, hes not leaving immediately,  but by the end of the season.

Going by what Ian Ayre, Kenny and Dr Bruckner himself said, it sounds like he has put things in place for the present and the future and now his work is done so it's time for him to move on at the end of the season.

I wish him all the best.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #44: Apr 14, 2012 08:33:25 am
       Not sure about this, would prefer it if we had a replacement ready to move straight into the job
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #45: Apr 14, 2012 10:44:41 am

Ah WELL.  (V Good. Goes over their heads doesn't it?) ;D

He is an Aussie fella is he not ?

Oh WELL good luck in the future.

From Oz  :  They had to turn his P45 upside down for him to read it. ;D

Quick Reply