Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Papiss Cisse

Read 5859 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Papiss Cisse
      Reply #46: Apr 10, 2012 07:16:39 pm
      Seydou Doumbia is the reason I don't play Football Manager anymore.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #47: Apr 10, 2012 07:33:12 pm
      Was fuming when instead of bringing Cisse to Leverkusen Dutt decided to bring the sh*t CB, Omar Toprak.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #48: Apr 11, 2012 09:48:45 am
      Seydou Doumbia is the reason I don't play Football Manager anymore.

and why is that?  :o
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #49: Apr 11, 2012 09:59:18 am
      Obviously my post was a bit of a joke - not all players who are good on FM are also good on real life -, but it's based in a lot of research and actual ability of the players, so there's a lot of scouting involved in making the game.

Excuse my ignorance here Diego - being an old fart I genuinely know F**k all about F.M. or any other computer games(?), to be honest, so bear with me. When the game developers are setting the game up do you reckon they go 'scout' every player or do they feed in a set of parameters based on available statistics?

Like I say; I genuinely don't know but my appetite has been whetted.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #50: Apr 11, 2012 03:06:02 pm
      Excuse my ignorance here Diego - being an old fart I genuinely know f**k all about F.M. or any other computer games(?), to be honest, so bear with me. When the game developers are setting the game up do you reckon they go 'scout' every player or do they feed in a set of parameters based on available statistics?

A bit of both, I think? Honestly I don't know the details of the making of the game either. I think it's basically scouting at least on some levels. I know they have contributors who give them varied reports about players worldwide, cause I know a guy who helps them with Flamengo youth players profiles.
      Bier
      Reply #51: Apr 11, 2012 03:09:08 pm
      Football Manager use over 1500 researchers worldwide to continually update their massive database. Those researchers are basically football fanatics who watch games from every level, youth, reserves and first team.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #52: Apr 11, 2012 03:31:10 pm
      Football Manager use over 1500 researchers worldwide to continually update their massive database. Those researchers are basically football fanatics who watch games from every level, youth, reserves and first team.

How epic would that be as a job?

Bier
      Reply #53: Apr 11, 2012 03:35:16 pm
      How epic would that be as a job?
      Epic, but I think most of them aren't getting paid for it, certainly not much. But don't we all want to watch football for money? ;)
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #54: Apr 11, 2012 03:41:57 pm
      Excuse my ignorance here Diego - being an old fart I genuinely know f**k all about F.M. or any other computer games(?), to be honest, so bear with me. When the game developers are setting the game up do you reckon they go 'scout' every player or do they feed in a set of parameters based on available statistics?

but have to say one thing. Attributes and scouting reports are almost similar to them in real life imo. For ex our carrols has very low pace and bad finishing for a striker. Depending on mere statistics will not lead to such a profile ryt?.
      Am not saying they are perfect . Its just there must be some effort in it.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #55: Apr 11, 2012 04:03:31 pm
      Don't forget Kompany, was immense on FM and turned out to be awesome in real life also.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #56: Apr 11, 2012 05:38:31 pm
      On Topic;

Cisse is looking a cracking signing. Great goal scoring record and appears to have a great attitude.

My only reservation is the same was once said of Amir Zaki.... :/
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Apr 11, 2012 05:53:45 pm
      I used to play FM back in the 70s. I knew Dalglish would be a cracking signing. :D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #58: Apr 12, 2012 09:52:45 am
      A bit of both, I think? Honestly I don't know the details of the making of the game either. I think it's basically scouting at least on some levels. I know they have contributors who give them varied reports about players worldwide, cause I know a guy who helps them with Flamengo youth players profiles.

Thanks lads. That's a crazy amount of input/information for the developers to sift through and update (i would assume on an almost daily basis). I'd guess too that all their researchers are reading off the same page with regards methodology - an awesome feat in it's own right.

Anyways back on topic: Cisse has certainly hit the ground running and therefore has won people over in double time. If he can do the same job against full strength, top teams, he'll, no doubt, be hailed a star.
      angusmccoatup
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | 12 
      Reply #59: Apr 14, 2012 02:29:24 am
      Graham Carr is the chief scout at Newcastle and is someone who's career I have followed closely for a while.

When I was 15, Graham was manager of Nuneaton Borough when I signed for the club.  During this period he signed several players for what was at the time a conference club who went on to have good careers in the league - Trevor Morley, Eddie McGoldrick, Richard Hill, Paul Culpin etc.  Hence, he has always had the ability to recognise and attract good players, but this only comes from hard work.

For instance, Graham watches about 6 matches in France and Holland per week and has been monitoring Cisse since 2007 when he made his debut for Metz and Cabaye since he was 18.  He has also been responsible for recommending Cabaye, Tiote, Marveux and Ben Arfa.

A good scounting network is essential if a club is to unearth this sort of talent - the job that graham is doing at Newcastle shows that quality players can still be unearthed at reasonable prices.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Apr 18, 2012 05:43:18 pm
      Hence, he has always had the ability to recognise and attract good players, but this only comes from hard work.

For instance, Graham watches about 6 matches in France and Holland per week and has been monitoring Cisse since 2007 when he made his debut for Metz and Cabaye since he was 18.

Why do you reckon it took Graham so long to finally take the plunge on these two Angus?

On a slightly separate note - You sparked my curiosity re:  Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote, Marveux and Ben Arfa... this is probably just coincidence but all are between 25 & 26 years of age. As too is James Perch and Demba Ba whom, I assume, he also scouted to be signed. Maybe Mr Carr sees this as the optimum age for a signing?

Anyhow, either way, the man certainly seems to have a good eye.

Quick Reply