Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.

Read 50837 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.
      Reply #598: Apr 22, 2012 08:39:25 pm
      Very good answer. What's the minimum requirement next season for you?

Finishing in a champions league position. But if we're 5th, I still wouldn't want him gone.

So make of that what you will.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #599: Apr 22, 2012 08:47:32 pm
      Finishing in a champions league position. But if we're 5th, I still wouldn't want him gone.

So make of that what you will.

Well be both agree on where we should be next season. Whoever is the manager I hope we get there. For the record if Kenny does stay and we get 5th - id actually agree he should stay on as that would be huge progress from this season. Can't see either happening though.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #600: Apr 22, 2012 08:56:20 pm
      People have a negative opinion and they get posts like this in response, it really lets the forums down.

I really want Kenny to sort things out and be given time to do something about it, but if I completely
      understand other people losing patience, as I freely admit if it wasn't Kenny getting these results I would
      be calling for them to move on.

The original post let the forum down as has that member for the past 18 months so not really concerned about they're feelings as the poster has contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion but one liners and innuendo over 18 months.

Pardon me for not enjoying his whine with my cheese.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #601: Apr 22, 2012 09:08:21 pm
      Five home wins with just two home games to come sums up our season, todays game says it all because as soon as they scored any fight in us went, something is seriously wrong when a goal goes against you and you give up it's this that really hurts not the losing but the giving up.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #602: Apr 22, 2012 09:13:58 pm
      Five home wins with just two home games to come sums up our season, todays game says it all because as soon as they scored any fight in us went, something is seriously wrong when a goal goes against you and you give up it's this that really hurts not the losing but the giving up.

That's what got to me too. I think it has become a mental thing with the players. They outplayed the opposition today as they have done so many times this season without reward and their heads drop when they concede, especially late on in the game and towards the end of the season. I was expecting the same pressure that we saw in the Villa game recently but it never happened.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,545 posts | 243 
      Reply #603: Apr 22, 2012 09:21:28 pm
      Groundhog Day !
      another great game, lacking somebody to stick ball in the net, that's the season in a nutshell !
      I feel we need a lucky player, maybe not the best but someone we get a lucky deflection from, right place right time man
      I don't think moneyball will cover that one ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #604: Apr 22, 2012 09:31:39 pm
      I was worried when ~I saw our midfield today. We simply dont have a strong enough squad in depth. These games seem irelevant now we have known for sometime our home form has destroyed our league campaign this year so roll on the Cup final and sort it out in the summer.The Euros should be a great showcase of talent.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #605: Apr 22, 2012 09:36:38 pm
      Well, i am in complete shock, completely numb, how is this happening?.

I've lost count of the amount of times we've ripped the opposition to shreds this Season, woodwork hit twice again!. We are playing fantastic football but it's like the players have this mental block in the final third, almost as if they're trying too hard or expecting to miss.

The only negative i can take out of the game was the finishing, we should have won this by at least five goals.

Project Owl must feel like the luckiest man alive this evening because we ripped them a new arsehole and still managed to hand them the three points.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #606: Apr 22, 2012 09:38:19 pm
      I like our defense as in the back four, however when they do make a mistake I no longer feel confident in Reina saving one on one's.

Our midfield did well today, but it became really obvious during the course of the match that we definitely need a new right midfielder. If we had someone like Hoilett (who will be a free agent) we would definitely have won today.

Upfront, Carroll and Suarez played well today I feel, Carroll won the ball a lot and set up some chances, Suarez was amazing as always. Neither of them could finish today. New striker is definitely needed. A poacher, Odemwingie won them the game today, he isn't even a good poacher.

Good performance today but we get punished for our mistakes every game this season.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #607: Apr 22, 2012 09:44:43 pm
      Heard loads of fans today who are questioning Kenny. I'm not saying they're right , I personally don't agree with them , but I do get where they're coming from. Most of them are saying we wouldn't put up with it from any other manager , and I guess they're right.
      I do worry for Kenny if we don't win the FA cup , because our owners have proved they can be brutal When it's needed.
      We need consistency as a team and management wise. I just hope NESV have the patience , but this team need to give them something to be optimistic about.
      We cannot keep blaming everything on bad luck.

I'm not blindly defending Kenny here mate, but what F***ing more can he do?.

We are ripping teams to shreds this Season  but we can't put it in the onion bag. How is that Kenny's fault?.

If we were ineffective and not creating chances i'd even be questioning Kenny myself but he's done nothing wrong in my eyes as we are destroying most sides we  come up against.

He has to be given the opportunity in the Summer to get rid of the deadwood and bring in his main targets, the ones he was unable to acquire in the last window.

Make no mistake, there are still a lot of unworthy remnants that need to be removed from the Squad and i'm sure they'll be gone this Summer, even if they go on free transfers.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #608: Apr 22, 2012 09:44:48 pm
      Not that bothered today. We played excellent football and had the better chances. One mistake ruined it all. Not annoyed at Johnson either, he played a blinder. Our league position hasn't mattered for some time now. FA Cup and a bit of reinforcement in the summer and we can focus on the league again.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #609: Apr 22, 2012 10:31:26 pm
      I'm not blindly defending Kenny here mate, but what f**king more can he do?.

We are ripping teams to shreds this Season  but we can't put it in the onion bag. How is that Kenny's fault?.

If we were ineffective and not creating chances i'd even be questioning Kenny myself but he's done nothing wrong in my eyes as we are destroying most sides we  come up against.

He has to be given the opportunity in the Summer to get rid of the deadwood and bring in his main targets, the ones he was unable to acquire in the last window.

Make no mistake, there are still a lot of unworthy remnants that need to be removed from the Squad and i'm sure they'll be gone this Summer, even if they go on free transfers.
      Passing the ball around the pitch is not dominating. Passing the ball backwards 90% of the times is not shredding.
      But im with you, its not kennys fault.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #610: Apr 22, 2012 10:34:58 pm

Same.

I get posters on a Malaysian forum saying Kenny has to go, Kenny has to put his hand up, Kenny has to admit this, admit that...

But I thought to myself ..

"What the F**k can Kenny do anymore?"

The team is having alot of possession, created lots of half chances, got corners,  some really nice pass and move at times and probably 75% of the league campaign dominated the game but just can't stick it into the back of the net. I'm aware than backwards and sidewards passes brings the possession stat up but as we're having the ball, it means the opponents aren't doing any better!

How is it Kenny's fault when Kelly misses a sitter, Suarez heading to keeper from 3 years, Kuyt missing a penalty?

It's fair that Kenny gets criticised/questioned about his selection and tactics when we've been second best but no, this season, we've been the better side so many times except when it comes to the goalscoring department.

Might as well blame Kenny for global warming as well.

I'm not saying Kenny is definitely the right man or he is 100% right every single time but like you said, I'd only worry more if we were being dominated like we were under Roy.

And really, I can't explain why this is happening to us? It's so many times where we've dominated in terms of possession, shots, corners and stuff but the opponents get THAT ONE chance on goal and they win the game.

Odemwingie's goal was WBA's only shot on goal that half.
      Robin van Persie touched the ball twice and scored two goals.
      Chris Herd scored with Villa's only shot on goal.
      Hernandez scored United's goal from their one of two shots on target.

But at the back end of last season, we were scoring goals.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #611: Apr 22, 2012 10:37:43 pm
      i´m basically exactly the same as the smurf fella above, i mean it does hurt to lose at anfield to a club like west brom (no disrespect intended i just mean we´re liverpool) but what more could you ask for, it´s been the same every single damn game, ¨if only X scored that early goal¨, this time X was dirk kuyt. oh and we hit the woodwork three or more times, we are leading the woodwork count by so many now it is not funny.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #612: Apr 22, 2012 11:18:08 pm
       Right I will kick off and say I am 100% disappointed with that result and it should of been in the bag by about 4 or 5 goals.Now I will get to the nitty gritty,how can people blame Kenny for that disastrous result,it was not Kenny who made the West Brom goal it was down to  Johnson .It was not Kenny who failed to put the ball in the West Brom net after having so much posession and winning so many corners,the responsibility for those missed goals must rest solely with the players.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #613: Apr 22, 2012 11:22:50 pm
      i´m basically exactly the same as the smurf fella above, i mean it does hurt to lose at anfield to a club like west brom (no disrespect intended i just mean we´re liverpool) but what more could you ask for, it´s been the same every single damn game, ¨if only X scored that early goal¨, this time X was dirk kuyt. oh and we hit the woodwork three or more times, we are leading the woodwork count by so many now it is not funny.

Maybe if we aimed for the woodwork next time we"ll score, we have to stop blaming the woodwork.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #614: Apr 23, 2012 12:44:14 am
      F**k this sh*t of dominating games.

Right now, I am willing to take 38 own goals 1-0 wins next season.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #615: Apr 23, 2012 12:48:03 am
      Well, we've beaten the mancs, arsenal away, chelsea away twice, and city, so I don't care if they would allow is to play or not.

It's irrelevant.

It's relevant, so it sounds like we only turn up against the big boys while the rest we couldn't be bothered? And some of the games that we won the teams had a few major injuries to players and club unrest. So, we can only go on and blame the ball that decides to go into the net against the big boys and not the rest. The FA Cup final will prove how good we really are.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #616: Apr 23, 2012 12:58:11 am
      It's relevant, so it sounds like we only turn up against the big boys while the rest we couldn't be bothered? And some of the games that we won the teams had a few major injuries to players and club unrest. So, we can only go on and blame the ball that decides to go into the net against the big boys and not the rest. The FA Cup final will prove how good we really are.

But the question is .. why is it happening?

It happened a fair few times under Rafa as well which ultimately cost us the title in his second last season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2845 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #617: Apr 23, 2012 01:08:11 am

It appears to be that way no doubt. And I would say if true that the players involved should never play again, however yet again we owned the ball and had ample chnaces but failed to take them. So we could be sat here praising the team saying how well they played, or we could bes sat here saying we won 5 nil playing good football. End of the day were sat here saying we lost 1 nil our 8th loss in 10? but the only thing wromg is our finishing. And thats been the common thing all year
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #618: Apr 23, 2012 01:23:23 am
      Disappointed with the result, but quite happy with our lads performance eventhough it could be more help if we didn't play backpassing games too often. To say that I'm largely disappointed with our boys is an understatement but truth to be told, if we got a proper proven goalscorer things could have changed for us. I thought we are with the highest shots on target but with lowest conversion rates, so that definitely speaks volumes of how good our attacking has been this season minus the goals.

These silly draws must stop if we really want to win the league.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #619: Apr 23, 2012 01:44:08 am
      The lack of goals is the major problem and will continue to be until Kenny finds a formula to fix that.

While the results have not been ideal, I can't understand why we just can't freaking stick the ball into the net.

Alot of things have gone wrong. The longer it goes on in a game, it has 'here we go again' written all over it. The more times it happens in a season, the mentality gets heavily affected. The longer it goes on across seasons, opponents have lost their fear of playing Liverpool because anyone now believes they can take points off us, even at Anfield.

It's no way a fortress anymore. Hopefully Kenny makes some quality (and I mean quality, not potential, not may have quality, not can be quality, not used to have quality but QUALITY!) signings and finds the right formula to kill teams off.

I hurts me to see my club at this state but it hurts much more to see Kenny hurting because of the average players who have let him down despite him putting his faith in them.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #620: Apr 23, 2012 02:35:32 am
      HOW THE F**k DID WE LOSE THAT GAME? Completely summed up our season.

Quick Reply