Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Overrated players

Read 3645 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Overrated players
      Reply #23: Apr 24, 2012 05:06:09 pm
      Scott F***ing Parker.

end thread! :D

I can't see how people think Vidic is over-rated, he's one of the best CB's in the league, if not Europe. If anything, I think Carrick is under-rated!  :couch:

If anything, most English players are over-rated.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #24: Apr 24, 2012 05:19:14 pm
      Scott f**king Parker.

end thread! :D

I can't see how people think Vidic is over-rated, he's one of the best CB's in the league, if not Europe. If anything, I think Carrick is under-rated!  :couch:

If anything, most English players are over-rated.

Vidic is completely overrated. Every time we play them, one of our players makes him look like a clown. First it was Torres, now it's SUarez. He's not that good. Against lesser teams he is, but whenever he plays a team with a mobile, tricky, quick striker, he gets caught out.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25: Apr 24, 2012 05:37:37 pm

Hilarious as you may think that is; you can only be overrated if er... more people rate you than should. It would take some stretch of the imagination to suggest these two fit that bill.

Most overrated ever? - Beckham & Scholes. Others playing today? Ibrahimovic, Papiss Cissé, Baines & Rio Ferdinand... for starters.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #26: Apr 24, 2012 05:45:47 pm
      Ibrahimovic is the weirdest player. Rated hugely in every Football Manager, and by every club or nation he plays in, but everytime I see him play in Europe, hes dreadful. I do not understand why he always commands a massive transfer fee, though occasionally he does score some cracking goals.

Ibra

honours:

2010/11: Serie A
      2009/10: La Liga
      2008/09: Serie A
      2007/08: Serie A
      2006-07: Serie A
      2005/06: Seria B
      2004/05: Serie B
      2003/04: Eredivisie
      2001/02: Eriedivisie

The last time he failes to score over 20 goals in a season was 6 years ago! I dunno how he is over-rated to be honest, he never seems to be really rated by the British media does he?

Simples, you buy Ibra, you win the league you are playing in!!
      Bier
      Reply #27: Apr 24, 2012 05:59:42 pm
      Zlatan only twice in his whole career scored more than 20 league goals a season, this season being one of them. For a striker who's part of that many good league winning teams you'd expect him to do better. Especially for the ammount of money he's been paid he's vastly overrated. I think it's mostly his mentality/personality keeping him from being more than he currently is.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28: Apr 24, 2012 06:00:11 pm
      I dunno how he is over-rated to be honest, he never seems to be really rated by the British media does he?

I dunno ickle Lu - I never read papers and don't have Sky. I'm only going on what I see and I don't see anything to warrant either the hype or the huge fees. I'm not asking you to agree by the way.  :angel:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Apr 24, 2012 06:09:02 pm
      Danny Welbeck. cu*ts starting facebook pages saying he's the best striker in the world.
      He's not even the best striker at United.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #30: Apr 24, 2012 06:36:56 pm
      I dunno ickle Lu - I never read papers and don't have Sky. I'm only going on what I see and I don't see anything to warrant either the hype or the huge fees. I'm not asking you to agree by the way.  :angel:

ah no fair enough! He doesn't really show up when everyone is watching does he tho.

I've just always liked him as a player, remember one of the first YouTube videos I watched was him juggling chewing gum!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Apr 24, 2012 08:41:27 pm
      I hate United as much as the next blinkered Liverpool fan, but Scholes and Rooney are both excellent.

Scott Parker should change his name to overrated. Same with Patrice Evra. Seen him get SMOKED so many times by so many different players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #32: Apr 25, 2012 08:46:05 am
      Hilarious as you may think that is; you can only be overrated if er... more people rate you than should. It would take some stretch of the imagination to suggest these two fit that bill.

Most overrated ever? - Beckham & Scholes. Others playing today? Ibrahimovic, Papiss Cissé, Baines & Rio Ferdinand... for starters.

The fact is mouse the majority of the manUre squad are over rated because Ferguson bullshits all day about the superior players he has and is backed by the media more or less en masse.
      Beckham and Scholes are obvious candidates and examples of the Ferguson bullshit phenomenon.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #33: Apr 25, 2012 07:44:38 pm
      I hate United as much as the next blinkered Liverpool fan, but Scholes and Rooney are both excellent.

Scott Parker should change his name to overrated. Same with Patrice Evra. Seen him get SMOKED so many times by so many different players.

Agree with you and the numerous others about Scott Parker. I think this could be Evra's last season at United. He isn't all that and I can see him being replaced in the Summer.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Apr 25, 2012 08:14:02 pm
      The fact is mouse the majority of the manUre squad are over rated because Ferguson bullshits all day about the superior players he has and is backed by the media more or less en masse.
      Beckham and Scholes are obvious candidates and examples of the Ferguson bullshit phenomenon.

Scholes overrated? I wrote it above but couldn't disagree more. He's fantastic. I hate the little ginger pr**k, but he's a terrific football player STILL at his age.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #35: Apr 27, 2012 02:45:48 am
      I think Konchesky was overrated and that is saying something
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #36: Apr 27, 2012 06:52:23 am
      Evra is great, but not very good at going forward. Busquets is overrated. Hazard also sometimes, it's as if everything he does is world class, but he is not that awesome but he's one of the best wingers already. Hernandez is overrated.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #37: Apr 27, 2012 02:21:06 pm
      Evra is great, but not very good at going forward. Busquets is overrated. Hazard also sometimes, it's as if everything he does is world class, but he is not that awesome but he's one of the best wingers already. Hernandez is overrated.

Evra is absolute sh*te. He has been for the past 2 seasons. Busquets, I agree. Hazard is immensely overrated, especially on this forum. Hernandez, I also agree. He's sh*te, but he gets in the right place at the right time. Dare I say the new Darren Bent? :D
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #38: Apr 27, 2012 10:09:07 pm
      Evra is absolute sh*te. He has been for the past 2 seasons. Busquets, I agree. Hazard is immensely overrated, especially on this forum. Hernandez, I also agree. He's sh*te, but he gets in the right place at the right time. Dare I say the new Darren Bent? :D
      Evra is nowhere near s**t. He has pace and defends very very well but he's not a complete footballer and has many weaknesses.

Quick Reply