Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

2012 end of season champions wish list

Read 2206 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 995 posts | 69 
      2012 end of season champions wish list
      Apr 26, 2012 07:37:47 pm
      Just wondered whether anyone would agree with this as a preferred outcome in the honours at the end of the season.
      Liverpool - league cup champions
      Liverpool - FA cup champions
      Man city - league champions
      Bayern Munich - European champions

Worst outcome would be losing the FA cup to chelski , chelski winning the champions league,manure winning the league.
      I reckon if we do the cup double, manure win nothing, chelski win nothing (putting them in the europa league)there will be a lot of happy scousers including me.
      And I'm only saying all this because when all the dust settles on what has been a disappointing , unlucky and pretty much down right unjust league campaign, it might just be a pretty good end to the season.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: 2012 end of season champions wish list
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2012 09:32:07 pm
      Just wondered whether anyone would agree with this as a preferred outcome in the honours at the end of the season.
      Liverpool - league cup champions
      Liverpool - FA cup champions
      Man city - league champions
      Bayern Munich - European champions

Really couldn't see any red not wanting this outcome to be honest.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2012 09:41:01 pm
      Pretty much agree with the op,however Fergie would be most upset if he didnt win anything,and I have a soft spot him............

Face down on Hackney marshes  ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,116 posts | 3370 
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2012 09:44:42 pm
      To be honest I couldn't give a F**k about who wins the League or the European Cup this year. It isn't gonna be us so I'm not arsed.

The only remaining outcome I care about is the FA Cup. If we win that, I'll be happy regardless of who wins the League and European Cup.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2012 10:01:44 pm
      To be honest I couldn't give a f**k about who wins the League or the European Cup this year. It isn't gonna be us so I'm not arsed.

The only remaining outcome I care about is the FA Cup. If we win that, I'll be happy regardless of who wins the League and European Cup.

Yeah I get that, us for the cup of course - goes without saying, but I would prefer if the scum didn't win the league and the Chavs didn't win the Champions League also.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,116 posts | 3370 
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2012 10:12:58 pm
      Yeah I get that, us for the cup of course - goes without saying, but I would prefer if the scum didn't win the league and the Chavs didn't win the Champions League also.

I'd prefer it mate but I won't lose any sleep over it if it doesn't pan out that way nor will it take any gloss off our domestic cup double. For me the only result that will affect me is Liverpool v Chelsea in the FA Cup final.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2012 10:13:13 pm

Same for me.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2012 10:32:14 pm
      And we call for Kenny's head win we win one and possibly two more trophies then Arsenal and United. Yes they have CL but we cant make that from being rubbish, I expect us to have that next year as our squad is getting together. When you look at Man Citys first four years with there new owners there league positions were 9th 10th 5th 3rd. And they were buying players like SWP for $21m. Thats huge.
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #8: Apr 26, 2012 10:36:10 pm
      my predictions
      chelsea will win one cup this season wont be the fa cup though.
      man city will win the league if they beat newcastle.

we will be the most successful english club this year with two cups.
      fergie will retire
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Apr 26, 2012 11:00:57 pm
      FA Cup - Liverpool
      League - Man City
      League Cup - Liverpool
      Champions League - Bayern Munich

I'd assume that's most of the Liverpool fans' wish.
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 27, 2012 12:14:58 am
      To be honest I couldn't give a f**k about who wins the League or the European Cup this year. It isn't gonna be us so I'm not arsed.

Yip - too much of a focus on hoping others fail rather than seeing us succeed
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11: Apr 27, 2012 12:23:48 am

Yip - too much of a focus on hoping others fail rather than seeing us succeed

right on, who cares what they win, its not LFC, they win, or lose it are not going to affect my sleep.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #12: Apr 27, 2012 01:57:40 am
      No no I want Chelsea to win the FA Cup and I dream of JT lifting the Champions League.

I'm also dying for United to move two clear of us in the league title count!

*NOTE: this post may contain sarcasm!
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #13: Apr 27, 2012 02:01:54 am
      I said in the other thread that I'm actually rooting for Chelsea to win the CL. My reason is that Bayern will equal our 5 titles if they win. We don't want that, surely?? Chelsea has 0 -- so what if they get a mere 1. Our aim should be for no one to equal or pass us in Europe.

I realize my opinion might be warped because I'm American and wouldn't have to listen to Chelsea fans every day like many of you in England if they win.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #14: Apr 27, 2012 02:58:59 am
      I said in the other thread that I'm actually rooting for Chelsea to win the CL. My reason is that Bayern will equal our 5 titles if they win. We don't want that, surely?? Chelsea has 0 -- so what if they get a mere 1. Our aim should be for no one to equal or pass us in Europe.

I realize my opinion might be warped because I'm American and wouldn't have to listen to Chelsea fans every day like many of you in England if they win.

Chelsea winning could galvanise them as a club, give them respectability and kick them on for next season. Or Abramovich might leave ask for the money back and they are fu**ed. It's in all probability better for us if Chelsea are weaker. The win in the CL may improve their revenue and so they are less hampered by the fair play rule, further more it rewards their cynical approach. I am going for Bayern, I hope they score the goals Barca should have and its about 25 - 0. Defended well my arse they should have been murdered.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #15: Apr 27, 2012 07:14:59 am
      right on, who cares what they win, its not LFC, they win, or lose it are not going to affect my sleep.
      Well i don't know about you but seeing the Mancs get 20 affects my sleep.
      You cant tell me it doesn't disturb you as much as Norwich City winning the league.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #16: Apr 27, 2012 06:15:54 pm
      Well i don't know about you but seeing the Mancs get 20 affects my sleep.
      You cant tell me it doesn't disturb you as much as Norwich City winning the league.

Exactly big Andy, that's my whole point, we don't want the Mancs winning another one and we don't want chelski getting stronger due to success.
      Whether we like it or not, other clubs success affect our chances of making world class signings.
      Who would have thought pep would resign today from barca which was triggered by a defeat in the champs league.
      If bayern win the champions league, we win the FA cup, it's likely that they will change their manager and at unsettles the players and we having won two cups just might mean we get a top player or two.
      I know that some fans won't give a sh*t who wins what  but in my opinion everything is all linked together and affects who's available and who isn't .
      A cup double will surely see more investment in players.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #17: Apr 27, 2012 09:13:13 pm
      Pretty much agree with the op,however Fergie would be most upset if he didnt win anything,and I have a soft spot him............
      Strangely enough I've got a soft spot for him as well, Yeah, it's right on the end of my dick and I wanna shove it right down the old bas**rds throat ! :laugh:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18: Apr 27, 2012 09:39:28 pm
      Wish List ?

FA Cup - Liverpool

League - Man City

League Cup - Liverpool

Champions League - Bayern Munich

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2012 10:08:08 pm by eurored »
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #19: Apr 27, 2012 10:31:28 pm
      2 domestic cups for us would make me happy.Could not give a flying F**k who wins the rest !!!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #20: Apr 28, 2012 12:54:04 am
      city winning the league and chelsea winning the european cup would leave a bad taste in many of our mouths because they are such nothing clubs achieving the ultimate in football, but united wining the league is an all together different kind of sick feeling so i'm going to agree with the op, city and bayern and our cup double is the best way we can see the season end i think.

Quick Reply