Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

The price of being successful

Read 1420 times
      realm enigma
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 3 posts |
      The price of being successful
      Apr 26, 2012 09:34:03 pm
      Like most fans I love loyal players, managers, etc. But unfortunately that's not the reality, there are very few.

My question is would you like LFC to do everything to be successful even if it meant buying the likes of Tevez, Balotelli etc or is it loyalty over quality?
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2012 09:36:50 am by redkenny »
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Re: The price of being successful
      Reply #1: Apr 27, 2012 03:14:21 pm
      Depends on the player I think.
      Wouldnt really want either Balotelli or tevez here, just seem like trouble makers both on and off the pitch, Most players really do just play for the money, but hopefully if we attract some "Mercs" here they'll see the history and the fan base and fall in love with the club. Its hard not too really.
      As long as they dont pull a judas, and "say" how much they love the club then bugger off. Id prefair more honesty...........I know its really too much to ask, but you never know eh?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,120 posts | 3370 
      Reply #2: Apr 27, 2012 03:17:41 pm
      You will be successful with the right sort of players and right sort of manager getting the right sort of support. In our hey day, we signed players based on what they were like as people as well as footballers. As soon as people started pissing about they were quickly shown the door. Ray Kennedy and Jimmy Case being two cases in point.

So if we're to be successful, we will need players who are not causing trouble for the rest of the players as well as the manager managing them correctly.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Apr 27, 2012 03:22:00 pm

These two players could very well have cost City the title.

Quick Reply