Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      137 (97.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.4%)
      Or someone else?
      2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Norwich 0:3 Liverpool In game and post match jubilation.

Read 43414 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Norwich 0:3 Liverpool In game and post match jubilation.
      Reply #575: Apr 29, 2012 01:18:40 am
      Even the Anfield Cat know's we play better away from home :D

notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #576: Apr 29, 2012 01:23:41 am
      must say Suarez hat trick today was as good as any hat trick I can remember, if he could finish like that every week we would have easily been up there this year. hopefully its a sign of thingsto come from him and next year with a good strike partner we could be banging in the goals.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #577: Apr 29, 2012 02:20:41 am

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #578: Apr 29, 2012 03:27:30 am
      Missed the game and ignored my phone at work until I could watch motd...

Suarez's last goal................

Sky+,Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+, Sky+..

Our lass is Ko'd next door and I'm in the front room still doing a "Guido" fist pump..
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #579: Apr 29, 2012 04:42:58 am
      Good assist by Kenny for the second goal.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #580: Apr 29, 2012 04:43:04 am
      That is the way to score a hat-trick.  There's usually one "easy" goal, but even the first was a very good finish.  All that was different today from so many of the performances this season was that we actually scored, and still had time to throw in a crossbar and miss from 3 yards out.

If supporters are quick enough to voice their opinion when we lose and criticise the manager and players then they should be just as quick to voice their opinion and congratulate the manager and players when we win.

Do you understand that?. F***ing pisses me off when some posters only want to post when things are going bad, as if they enjoy doom and gloom.

It is only fair that these miserable bas**rds put the same effort into posting when we win, wouldn't you agree?.

This is just human nature though - most people will be more likely to tell you something negative that has happened than positive.  I think it is something like on average people are three times more likely to complain about bad service than to praise good service - same for us I suppose.

redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #581: Apr 29, 2012 04:54:02 am
      Missed the match today so had to make do with MOTD highlights made up for the lads gaining all 3 points loved Kenny's interview well impressed with Luis's not one not two but THREE cracking goals I hope he plays like this for the remainder of this season (even my Manc hubby was impressed with his 3rd goal stunner) well done the reds! I also have to say cheers to Huyton Red I've just been sat here watching that goal over and over thanks mate :D
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #582: Apr 29, 2012 07:48:29 am
      The 3 goals were all clinical even from 45 yards, we always get more goals when we have space to play in and on the break with pace. We need to learn to draw teams onto us a bit at home when they park the bus. Great to get a good win leading up to Saturday.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #583: Apr 29, 2012 11:17:33 am
      The beautiful sound of silence.
       AAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #584: Apr 29, 2012 11:23:53 am
      Don't think the game was much different from anything we've seen this season, we just took our chances and before any one says Suarez's goals were special, that's exactly my point he and others have missed far more clear cut chances this season.

Great all round play from Suarez though deserved his man of the match and the match ball.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #585: Apr 29, 2012 11:47:42 am
      Great to see a few goals for a change, well done Suarez.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #586: Apr 29, 2012 12:06:14 pm
      Pundits are paid to have their say, but now, I hate their new songs;

"Liverpool FC play better without Carroll"
      "Liverpool FC do not need Carroll"
      "When Carroll is playing you need wingers to cross the ball to him. This isolates Suarez...blah blah blah"

Oh shut up!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #587: Apr 29, 2012 12:13:21 pm
      Stevie's set up flick for Luis for the first goal was sublime, really appreciated it on replay.
      What can you say about our man?? Genius of a footballer who is on chances before anyone else sees the potential, his miraculous 45 yard drop-lob illustrates the fact perfectly.
      On match of the day soft lad's comments were to the effect that it may not be the hat-trick of the century and compared the miracle goal to a 30 yard job by Beckham in his manUre days, but we're well used to Lawrenson pissing all over LFC - someone's got to do it.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #588: Apr 29, 2012 12:16:45 pm
      F***ing brilliant.

Finally hitting the back of the net and were still able to miss some relatively easy chances as well. Just shows how much we are creating. Really could of been a cricket score but 3-0 is more than enough, especially given the quality of all three goals. People can talk about Norwich making mistakes but at the end of the day you still have to punish those mistakes. And the mistakes were made by us pressing them. So credit to us.

Bossed the game and deserved everything we got. Springboard for a good midweek victory over Fulham followed up by a win at Anfield South next weekend. Looks like little Luis has been saving his best form for the end of the season as well. 9 goals since his return from the ban, not bad at all Mr Suarez.

Special mention as well to Jamie Carragher who I thought had a boss game. Given the amount of sh*t that constantly gets thrown at him on here, I thought he played a blinder (defensively). When he was called upon he did what was needed of him. I know people will still moan (just for the sake of having a dig really) about his distribution but he's not in the team to play Xabi Alonso or Jan Molby style passes, he's in the team to defend and yesterday he defended F***ing brilliantly.

Made up, F***ing buzzing. And hopefully the kick start to a very good end of the season and give us some form going into the summer.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #589: Apr 29, 2012 12:26:22 pm
      Jamie was a rock Billy did the job all day, thought Downing had a good game with some good touches and was unlucky not to score.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #590: Apr 29, 2012 12:28:31 pm
      Yeah mate Downing had one of his better games, certainly seems more comfortable on the right than the left.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #591: Apr 29, 2012 12:33:26 pm
      I think from Kenny' decision to play a five man midfield though to Suarez wonder goal we got almost everything right yesterday, and with a bit more luck could have had 5 or six goals. 

I thought that while Suarez was obviously m.o.t.m with Gerrard the only one that came anywhere near him, the whole team with the possible exception of Downing played at least reasonably well. I was especially impressed with Shelvey (someone who I never rated before his return from Blackpool), I thought he put in a really hard shift, showed intelligence with his passing, and he has always had confidence in abundance, something that maybe Henderson and Downing lack.

We certainly looked a better balanced side in midfield with Gerrard given licence to roam and rampage forward.

Anyone know why Carroll wasn't on the bench?

Surprised that some thought Downing had a good game, I thought he was poor especially considering Norwich went to a diamond in midfield in the second half, which meant that Downing only had a full back in front of him rather than the usual covering player as well.   

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #592: Apr 29, 2012 12:37:46 pm
      Where are the wum's and bullshitters?? The prospect of a victorious double trophy winning LFC has frozen their keyboards.   
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #593: Apr 29, 2012 12:47:08 pm
      Great performance and a fantastic 3 goals/hat trick.

2 of the best elements being a boost for the team and a more personal confidence boost for Suarez.

Thats a nice couple of wins on the bounce which has been rare this season and it couldnt come at the best time.

Im not gonna over judge it and say we have turned that corner now but there is an oppertunity here to prove what we are capable of.

If we can win that last of our games escpecially the cup game then people may sit up and take notice, maybe even worry about us a little if we also make some decent moves in the summer.

I know we cant achieve all that much from winning our last games in the league but we need to to show we are still here and are still a threat but have underachieved in the league.
      Its also good to build confidence and finish on a high and finsh as high as we can with as many points as we can.

Now lets go grab that cup double
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #594: Apr 29, 2012 12:49:38 pm
      I think from Kenny' decision to play a five man midfield though to Suarez wonder goal we got almost everything right yesterday, and with a bit more luck could have had 5 or six goals. 

I thought that while Suarez was obviously m.o.t.m with Gerrard the only one that came anywhere near him, the whole team with the possible exception of Downing played at least reasonably well. I was especially impressed with Shelvey (someone who I never rated before his return from Blackpool), I thought he put in a really hard shift, showed intelligence with his passing, and he has always had confidence in abundance, something that maybe Henderson and Downing lack.

We certainly looked a better balanced side in midfield with Gerrard given licence to roam and rampage forward.

Anyone know why Carroll wasn't on the bench?

Surprised that some thought Downing had a good game, I thought he was poor especially considering Norwich went to a diamond in midfield in the second half, which meant that Downing only had a full back in front of him rather than the usual covering player as well.   

From the wording there Gary at first I thought you were implying that Downing along with Stevie and Luis had a decent game, on reading further however I discover you mean entirely the opposite!!
      From what I saw he certainly didn't lack confidence and some of his play in front of goal was top drawer - the incident were he danced around three defenders only for the goalie to fingertip the well taken shot wide was a good example, if anything his play seemed more assured maybe he is more suited to a right hand role as Billy and others have pointed out.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #595: Apr 29, 2012 12:49:52 pm
      There's a great song for this.

How you like me now!
      How you like me now!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #596: Apr 29, 2012 12:52:59 pm
      It would be great to finish the season with a cup double, after such a poor league campaign.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #597: Apr 29, 2012 01:08:55 pm
      From the wording there Gary at first I thought you were implying that Downing along with Stevie and Luis had a decent game, on reading further however I discover you mean entirely the opposite!!
      From what I saw he certainly didn't lack confidence and some of his play in front of goal was top drawer - the incident were he danced around three defenders only for the goalie to fingertip the well taken shot wide was a good example, if anything his play seemed more assured maybe he is more suited to a right hand role as Billy and others have pointed out.

I think he does seem more comfortable on the right mate especially when Carroll isn't playing, as his crossing becomes much less important. I may have expected too much from him yesterday, but the way Norwich set up in the second half was an open invitation to him to run at their defence. He did have an excellent shot, but other than that and the cross from which Shelvey eventually hit the bar, I can't remember much he did.   

Quick Reply