Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool v Fulham 01 May 2012 19:45 KO All Build Up Here

Read 7186 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Liverpool v Fulham 01 May 2012 19:45 KO All Build Up Here
      Apr 29, 2012 09:35:38 pm

Great performance by the team against Norwich, wasn't expecting to get anything there but they all showed great spirit to win us the game.

Against Fulham I'd go with this line-up:

----------------------Reina------------------

---Kelly------Skrtel---Coates----Enrique---

--Downing---Shelvey----Spearing---Maxi--

----------------Kuyt----Carroll---------------

Subs; Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Aurelio, Sterling, Eccleston, Bellamy.

I would rest Johnson, Agger, Gerrard, Henderson and Suarez ahead of the F.A Cup final.

I'd bring Aurelio, Sterling and Eccleston on at some point and try to keep Bellamy under wraps for the Chelsea game.

I've got a good feeling about this one think we'll win it comfortably.

:) 
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 10:00:42 pm by MsGerrard »
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Re: Liverpool v Fulham 01 May 2012 19:45 KO All Build Up Here
      Reply #1: Apr 29, 2012 09:43:22 pm
      tough one with the final on saturday think we should rest suarez, gerrard, MAYBE carroll skrtel an dagger too

id go with this..
      reina, kelly, carra, coates, enrique, spearing, shelvey, maxi, downing, kuyt, bellamy

subs- doni, flanagan, skrtel, aurelio, henderson, carroll, sterling

i have a good feeling too, fulham have looked weak lately an think we could punish them early on, would take a 1-0 an for no injuries or bans
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #2: Apr 29, 2012 09:46:45 pm
      Need to get a win here and build some momentum before Saturday. A win here would have confidence flowing through the place.

C'mon you Reds!  :)
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #3: Apr 29, 2012 09:56:35 pm
      ----------------Reina----------------
      Kelly----Coates---Agger----Enrique
      -----Henderson-----Spearing-------
      Kuyt----------Shelvey----------Maxi
      ----------------Carroll----------------
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #4: Apr 29, 2012 09:58:51 pm
      Expecting a few of the regular lads to have a rest on Tuesday.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Apr 29, 2012 10:06:10 pm
      I'd assume Gerrard, Suarez, Agger, Johnson and Bellamy will get a rest.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #6: Apr 29, 2012 10:06:40 pm
      I'd start with our strongest team and start taking off players after 60 mins.
      If they dont perform theyt dont play on Sat.Simples.
      Here we are fast approaching May and still interested in Silverware,just like old times.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #7: Apr 29, 2012 10:07:46 pm
      ----------------Reina----------------
      Kelly----Coates---Agger----Enrique
      -----Henderson-----Spearing-------
      Kuyt----------Shelvey----------Maxi
      ----------------Carroll----------------

I like the look of that, but I'd have Skrtel instead of Agger.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8: Apr 29, 2012 10:17:06 pm
      I think we will play with 5 in midfield against Chelsea (no Carroll) similar to how we were set up against Norwich. So I think we will see Carroll playing in this one with a few others who more than likely will be on the bench rather than the pitch at Wembley.

Reina (maybe we should rest him just to be sure he doesn't get sent off! )

Kelly           Carra           Skrtel          Enrique

Kuyt             Spearing     Shelvey       Maxi     Downing

Carroll

More than one eye on Wembley, but still enough to see off Fulham. 
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 29, 2012 10:22:01 pm
                               Reina
      Kelly        Carra          Coates       Aurelio
                  Henderson     Shelvey
      Downing                                        Maxi
                      Kuyt         Carroll

Subs:  Doni, Skrtel, Enrique, Spearing, Sterling, Suarez, Eccleston.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Apr 29, 2012 10:58:38 pm
      Yesterday's thumping of Norwich at Carrow Road won't mean anything if we don't beat Fulham at home on Tuesday, really would love to see the kind of performance we laid on yesterday, I know Norwich didn't put up much of a fight, but you can only beat what's put in front of you and I thought we stroked the ball around beautifully at times yesterday.

So a big performance from the lads on Tuesday, after all they're playing for place in the 2012 FA Cup Final.

Going for a convincing 2-0 victory, come on REDS you can do this  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Oh and Happy Birthday Carolyn  ;D  :food-smiley-005: Enjoy the match hun  :hug: give the lads a special cheer from me...only the second home game I have missed this season.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #11: Apr 29, 2012 11:30:26 pm
      Very tough to pick a team for this one. Injuries, suspensions, fatigue etc. are very important factors to be considered but at the end of the day our job is to win and get 3 points.

Reina

Kelly          Skrtel          Coates          Enrique

Spearing     

Henderson                                           Maxi
                                Shelvey
                                        Kuyt
                          Carroll

Subs: Doni, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Downing, Sterling, Suarez

Bellamy is a no go I think. His legs can't take too many games and he will be crucial against Chelsea.

The back four is strong and gives Coates another chance to develop to the Premier League. It also gives Kelly his chance to put his name forward for a place at Wembley. He is a quality player and will give Johnson a good run for his money.

The midfield and wings are full of work here. Spearing will be like a terrier chasing down and winning the ball from deep. Henderson (even though I wasn't a fan for most of the season) has started to show a good work ethic for the team. Maxi can hopefully keep his goalscoring form up with his brilliant ability to pop up at the right time. Shelvey is also a very industrious player who is constantly improving. I think the attacking mid field role will give him the space to get on the ball more and hopefully get that first Premier League goal he is getting so close to.

Carroll and Kuyt in attack has plenty of potential. Carroll can get the knock downs to Kuyt in support. Kuyt can hold up play for Carroll and Shelvey to get further forward. Carroll is finding goal scoring form and Kuyt always has opportunities, he just needs to take them. Also with Maxi on the field, Carroll's knock downs could be very efficient.

The subs bench is very strong as a sort of insurance for us should Fulham follow suit of so many other teams this season and play a blinder against us.

We are going into this off a very good performance and convincing win against Norwich and a team that are playing for an FA Cup final place. Fulham come into this after being hammered 4-0 by Everton with no real fight. They have basically cemented their league position. They have nothing to play for here, they're players are as good as on holidays now.

We are our biggest enemy here. We have all the potential in the world to steam roll these. About time we put that potential to use!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #12: Apr 30, 2012 01:26:49 am
                                         Reina

Kelly    Skrtel     Coates    Flanagan

Spearing
                                  Maxi         Shelvey

Kuyt         Carroll       Downing

Luckily we play Tuesday and not Wednesday like Chelsea. And they play Newcastle away in a crucial game with regards fourth so they surely cannot afford to rest too many!
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #13: Apr 30, 2012 08:12:55 am
      Last chance to earn a place at Wembley , We are not playing for fourth, Chelsea are, so will have to go all guns ablazing at Newcastle.

Reina

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Coates
      Enrique

Spearing
      Gerrard

Henderson
      Shelvey
      Maxi

Kuyt
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #14: Apr 30, 2012 10:42:53 am
       I think we can get 3 points out of Fulham even if we play 6 of our younger lads,give Skrtel a game for match fitness  and play Spearing,Maxi.Kuyt .Keep Reina in goal  and use the bench if Kenny thinks a player needs a 10 minute run out.Another good win will put us in the frame to lift that F.A.Cup at Wembley.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #15: Apr 30, 2012 11:35:34 am
      It this game televised..?

For me I would chuck in the youngsters... We have absolutly nothing to lose, and in all fairness gain. Play anyone who we need in the FA cup Final and you risk a lot (red card, injury, even  yellow and suspension!)... Give these young wippersnappers a chance!
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #16: Apr 30, 2012 05:16:20 pm
      It this game televised..?

For me I would chuck in the youngsters... We have absolutly nothing to lose, and in all fairness gain. Play anyone who we need in the FA cup Final and you risk a lot (red card, injury, even  yellow and suspension!)... Give these young wippersnappers a chance!

Unfortunately it's not on T.V, don't know why as I don't think the Stoke-Everton game is on either.

But there will be loads of sites to watch it on, but might be a few interuptions during the game :/

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: Apr 30, 2012 05:30:15 pm
      Football TV rules are a joke. When will they change them to broadcast every game live? Football needs to get with the times in more ways than one.

As for the game think it will be a curtain call for those on the fringes + Suarez who will want to keep playing and scoring and I think he should play - let him hit 20 goals for the season!
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 30, 2012 05:35:34 pm
      Would be nice to see Aurellio get a farewell
      LFCexiled
      Reply #19: Apr 30, 2012 05:55:46 pm
      Barclays Premier League

Suarez Hat Trick and Amazing goal vs Norwich

Venue: Anfield
          Date: Tuesday, 1 May

TEAM NEWS

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is likely to rest a host of key players ahead of the FA Cup final with Chelsea.

Andy Carroll should be available for selection after he missed the win over Norwich with a slight groin injury.

Fulham boss Martin Jol, who missed the defeat to Everton with a chest infection, hopes to return to the dugout.

His side are again missing Zdenek Grygera, Bryan Ruiz and Steve Sidwell, but Stephen Kelly could return.

MATCH PREVIEW

Liverpool go into this game with the memory of Luis Suarez's stunning hat-trick against Norwich on Saturday unlikely to be forgotten for a very long time.

That win at Carrow Road was the perfect way to prepare for their FA Cup final date with Chelsea at Wembley, so this rearranged fixture with Fulham is an inconvenience, especially considering how poor their form has been at Anfield.

“We've got to beat Fulham first, we'll take each game as comes and we want to go into the cup final in good form”

The Reds have taken few home comforts this season, with only five league victories at Anfield.

But at least they are playing against Fulham, a team that has remarkably never won a top-flight fixture on Merseyside at either Liverpool or Everton. They were battered into submission across Stanley Park on Saturday when they lost at Everton, and manager Martin Jol will be demanding a response.

They only have to look at West Bromwich Albion and Wigan, who have both picked up historic wins at Anfield this season, for inspiration. If they could fashion a victory they would draw level with the Reds on points, and if they managed to finish above them would be a tremendous achievement in Jol's first season in charge.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Fulham's 1-0 win over Liverpool in December was only their fourth over the Reds in 21 Premier League encounters.
          The Cottagers have failed to score in six of their last nine Premier League games against Liverpool.
          Liverpool beat Fulham 10-0 in a League Cup second-round match at Anfield in 1986.

Liverpool

Their win over Norwich was only their third victory in their last 12 top-flight matches (W3, D2, L7).
          They have only won one of their last seven league matches at Anfield.
          The last time Liverpool finished outside the top eight in the top flight was when they ended up bottom of the league in 1953/54 and were relegated.

Fulham

Fulham have never won in 41 top-flight league visits to Merseyside to play either Liverpool or Everton.
          Their loss to Everton on Saturday was their 19th consecutive top-flight defeat at Everton, which extends the record for most successive away defeats by one club at another.
          They started with 11 non-English players at Goodison Park, meaning they are the only club to do this three times this season ahead of Arsenal (twice) and Wigan (once).
          Aaron Hughes is poised to make his 200th start for Fulham.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #20: Apr 30, 2012 06:55:09 pm
      Would be nice to see Aurelio get a farewell

Good call, that.

Classy player, be nice to see him get a good send off, since surely he can't be staying after this season.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #21: Apr 30, 2012 08:27:04 pm
      This game really creeped up, eh?

Reina
      Kelly Skrtel Coates Aurelio
      Kuyt Spearing Shelvey Maxi
      Suarez Carroll

Give Carroll the full 90 if he can go that long, take Suarez off around the 60-65th minute mark. We're going to need Spearing to play really well vs Chelsea, so hopefully he has a great game vs Fulham.

Contain Dempsey (who's lately playing up top), and we should be in good shape.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #22: Apr 30, 2012 09:56:35 pm
      Strange ald game this one, do we rest our stronger players for the final, risk loseing it and dampen morale, Play our strongest side and still risk loseing it, (recent home form) and still dampen morale, or play a hugely weakened side and say stuff this, let's save it all for the final! I personally want to win every game we play but what a sh*t if we end up with a few injuries, it's not exactly our luckiest season all said and done. Totally confused as to which way to go with this, I supose the double wammy is to win and hope the bitters lose so we go above them too. That will lift the spirits before Wembley.  mmmmmmmmmmmm.... perhaps if our goal scoring continues, we are capable of beating Fulham, with a weakened team anyway ? I'll leave this one to the experts and just go for the 2 - 0 win thank you very much. ;D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23: Apr 30, 2012 10:16:27 pm
      This match should be a good chance for a few of the reserves to get a game, no harm in letting Sterling and Eccleston have afew minutes up front.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #24: Apr 30, 2012 11:52:55 pm
      Go easy on Fulham and you'll lose FA Cup final berth, says Liverpool boss Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish has warned Liverpool's players their FA Cup final places will be in jeopardy if they fail to play with maximum intensity against Fulham.
      The Liverpool manager is set to rest influential duo Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez at Anfield this evening ahead of Saturday’s season-defining date with Chelsea.

However, Dalglish will not take any other precautionary measures and has reminded his squad they will be in grave danger of missing out at Wembley if they try to coast through their final fixture.

'The most important thing is to be yourself and play as you normally play – I think that is common sense,' said Dalglish, who expects Andy Carroll to be fit after he missed Saturday’s 3-0 win at Norwich with a groin strain. 

'The FA Cup Final is a game beyond what we are playing now. We are playing Fulham and we have got to pick a team that is going to beat them.
      'We’ve got 20-odd players that we can put on to a pitch. Everyone will read something into the team that we pick but we just want everyone fit and available for the weekend.

'We have to give every player the best possible chance to be available for Saturday but, at the same time, we have got a responsibility to win this game. That is the priority.'

Dalglish needs no reminding about the perils of midweek game before the FA Cup final as in 1988, when Liverpool were chasing the double, he saw Nigel Spackman and Gary Gillespie, two of his key players collide, with each other and sustain serious head injuries.

It had a massive impact on how they played in the final against Wimbledon, which Liverpool lost 1-0, and Dalglish has reminded his current charges that taking it easy will lead them to run the risk of suffering a similar fate.

'One of them never called for the ball and two of them went for it,’ he recalled.

'The more careful you are then the better chance you have of getting injured.'

Keeping Suarez fresh will be key to Liverpool's chances against Chelsea and Dalglish believes the Uruguayan's form is back to the dazzling levels it was at the beginning of the campaign.

'It is not just goals that you assess his performances by,' said Dalglish. 'It is the quality of what he does. He has always done something in a game that has been a benefit to us.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2137482/Kenny-Dalglish-Go-easy-Fulham-youll-lose-FA-Cup-final-berth.html#ixzz1tZ7zX5rm
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #25: Apr 30, 2012 11:59:30 pm
      Yup, hope to see Fabio get a farewell.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: May 01, 2012 12:29:43 am
      Lets win this for the scum now.

Salt to the wound, eh?  ;)
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #27: May 01, 2012 12:47:42 am
      Lets win this for the scum now.

Salt to the wound, eh?  ;)
      Rather win the cup, and then its acid
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: May 01, 2012 02:22:06 am
                           Reina

Kelly  Carragher  Coates   Aurelio

Spearing

Henderson   Shelvey

Kuyt                              Maxi

Suarez

I think that should be the team to play tomorrow, start Suarez but bring him off after 60 minutes. We can't afford to be resting everybody we still have duties in the league. This team would be able to play free flowing pass and move football with Spearing protecting the back four, 2-1 win for the reds.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29: May 01, 2012 07:49:30 am
      Would anyone be tempted to start Brad Jones in goal?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30: May 01, 2012 08:13:22 am
      We can't afford to be resting everybody we still have duties in the league.
      I tend to agree mate; with the exception of maybe Skrtel and Coates being added (instead of Carra & Agger) I'd go with the team which started on Saturday then when we're in control... rest Suarez, Stevie and Bellamy.

Can't have the Bitters releasing a "Above The Reds: The Story Of Glory" DVD.  ;D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #31: May 01, 2012 08:43:23 am
      I tend to agree mate; with the exception of maybe Skrtel and Coates being added (instead of Carra & Agger) I'd go with the team which started on Saturday then when we're in control... rest Suarez, Stevie and Bellamy.

Can't have the Bitters releasing a "Above The Reds: The Story Of Glory" DVD.  ;D

The last time they finished above us we won our cup final that year so I'll settle for that again,. IF I must !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: May 01, 2012 08:46:37 am
      Clean sheet please.
      Oh and a win of course.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #33: May 01, 2012 09:24:54 am
      I'll be in attendence for this one and the Chelsea league game as I can't get one for the final.

Scoring early is vital for me in this one, if we score in the first 20 we could pallywang em. You don't get a lot of pallywang anymore do you?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #34: May 01, 2012 09:35:48 am

The last time they finished above us we won our cup final that year so I'll settle for that again,. IF I must !

So winning  the cup and finishing above bitters would be a improvement over the previous seasons and ain't  that's  what we are aiming for. COYR
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: May 01, 2012 09:36:11 am
      You don't get a lot of pallywang anymore do you?
      Jimmy Case = King of the pallywang.  ;D
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #36: May 01, 2012 09:51:21 am
      Jimmy Case = King of the pallywang.  ;D

Not half, there was a video on the lfc channel not so long since, showing him shooting at a board with  numbers on for target practice, bet there wasn't much left of that board after he'd finished.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #37: May 01, 2012 11:16:20 am
      Clean sheet please.
      Oh and a win of course.
      Screw clean sheets i just want a win.
      It will be a bonus though :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #38: May 01, 2012 11:31:24 am
      John Arne Riise's first appearance at Anfield after leaving us.

I'm sure he'll get a good reception. One of the better players we've got in the last 10 years. That left foot, still scares me.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #39: May 01, 2012 12:21:25 pm
      John Arne Riise's first appearance at Anfield after leaving us.

I'm sure he'll get a good reception. One of the better players we've got in the last 10 years. That left foot, still scares me.

Goodness gracious me!
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #40: May 01, 2012 12:35:50 pm
      As in the weekend I have another good feeling about this. 5-0 red win.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #41: May 01, 2012 01:06:04 pm

Doni is our number 2, if anyone was gonna play instead of Reina, it would be him I would imagine.

Missing this tonight, by choice :(
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #42: May 01, 2012 01:45:46 pm
      Youth has to get a chance tonight.

The young players who are rated highley need to get a chance to show if there really upto it.

Sterling,Suso maybe 1 other should get a game, after all how are we really gonna know if they have what it takes if they dont get games?

Doubtfull they will play any part against Chelsea and being away to Swansea that could be another chance.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #43: May 01, 2012 02:31:28 pm
      I'd love to see Sterling get at least a little bit of time, and reckon this could be a game when it is done in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #44: May 01, 2012 02:48:19 pm
      I was hoping to get over for this one but it didn't work out so have to settle for watching it at home.

I'd like us to start with a strong side but also would like to see at least one of the youngsters get a few minutes so would like Sterling and Suso on the bench but not sure Kenny will go this way.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #45: May 01, 2012 02:50:04 pm
      I hope we start with our Cup final X1 so they have to justify their selection.If we are doing well start taking the better ones off after an hour.
      After last nights cheerful spectacle a good win tonight would be great.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #46: May 01, 2012 02:52:52 pm
      Hopefully get a win tonight regardless of who the starting 11 are to take our wining form into the cup final
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Reply #47: May 01, 2012 03:19:18 pm
      Looking forward to this tonight, hopefully we can build on our win again Norwich and get a comfortable win against these. It will give us a major boost going into the final on saturday. Suarez to get a double and Liverpool to win 3-1 :)
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #48: May 01, 2012 03:37:17 pm
      I hope we start with our Cup final X1 so they have to justify their selection.If we are doing well start taking the better ones off after an hour.
      After last nights cheerful spectacle a good win tonight would be great.

I have to disagree with this.  A win would be nice, but it really makes little difference on the outcome of our league campaign, which has been a failure any way you slice it.  The last thing we need is for a player like Agger, Skrtel, Reina, Gerrard, or Suarez to get injured or sent off in this game and risk missing the final.  I would play with a 2nd string team, with a few players who do need to stake a real claim to play in the final.  Players like Downing, Maxi, Kuyt, Bellamy, Carrol, Shelvey, Hendo, and Spearo should all play and the ones who really prove themselves should be given the nod for the final.  I'd go with:

Doni
      Kelly  Carra  Coates  Robo
             Spearo  Hendo
      Kuyt       Shelvey    Downing
                     Carrol

Bring Maxi and Bellers on with 30 minutes to play.  Tell all of the players that a spot in the squad for the Cup Final is at stake, and we will see the best out of our lads tonight. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #49: May 01, 2012 04:37:25 pm
      3pts are a must for me, we cant have them bitter kunts finishing above us, i'd go with this selection.......
                                                Pepe
                               Kelly  Carra  Coates  Enrique
                                            Spearing
                                  Gerrard           Shelvey
                                   Kuyt     Carroll    Maxi

Bench; Jones, Aurelio, Flanaghan, Sterling, Downing, Hendo

Solid back 4, strong midfield and a prominent attack, pass and move footie should be the way past Fulham,
      but be very aware Fulham are a decent side and must not be taken lightly, key players being, Danny Platini, Dembeli, Dempsey etc,

Martin Jol has them well balanced playing decent stuff,and can give anyone a difficult time, i still think we will come out on top but,it aint no cakewalk,
      2-1 Redmen,

IKWT             YNWA

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012 04:49:40 pm by billythered »
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #50: May 01, 2012 04:41:13 pm
      3pts are a must for me, we cant have them bitter kunts finishing above us, i'd go with this selection.......
                                                Pepe
                Kelly          Carra     

I doubt we'll get the 3 points with only 3 players on the pitch....   >:D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #51: May 01, 2012 04:42:00 pm

Not even been on the bench has he.

Talk about 'F**k you. F**k you very much.'
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #52: May 01, 2012 06:34:26 pm
      Dont care who plays just want a top performance and hopefully a few goals to go in to Saturday bursting with confidence
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #53: May 01, 2012 06:36:39 pm
      Heard a RUMOUR!! that Jones is starting in goal, Suarez and Carroll starting too, really hope Suarez aint starting like and dont think its too much risk playing Reina in goal!
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #54: May 01, 2012 06:48:13 pm
      Doni, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Aurelio, Spearing, Hendo, Shelvey, Kuyt, Carroll, Maxi.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #55: May 01, 2012 06:48:41 pm
      Tonight's team:

Doni, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Aurelio, Henderson, Shelvey, Spearing, Maxi, Kuyt, Carroll
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #56: May 01, 2012 06:49:14 pm
      Rumor

Doni, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Aurelio, Spearing, Hendo, Shelvey, Kuyt, Carroll, Maxi.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #57: May 01, 2012 06:52:41 pm
      Subs:

Sterling, Downing, Robinson, Enrique, Flanagan, Carragher, Jones.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #58: May 01, 2012 06:52:58 pm
      #LFC subs: Sterling, Downing, Robinson, Enrique, Flanagan, Carragher, Jones.

YAY STERLING !
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #59: May 01, 2012 06:54:40 pm
      Surprised at Pepe not playing myself...

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #60: May 01, 2012 06:56:02 pm
      Surprised at Pepe not playing myself...

Its not like he needs the rest or something.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: May 01, 2012 06:56:30 pm
      Subs:

Sterling, Downing, Robinson, Enrique, Flanagan, Carragher, Jones.

4 defenders on the bench? Surely there are young attacking players that could have been put on the bench instead of a couple of those defenders.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #62: May 01, 2012 06:57:54 pm
      Pre Match Topic Locked.

In game thread here http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,42852.0.html

Quick Reply