Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Does Dalglish actually care?

Read 2317 times
      AnfieldIron
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 63 posts |
      Does Dalglish actually care?
      May 05, 2012 10:20:52 pm
      I have just seen the post-match interview with Dalglish and my impression, supported by my wife who has only a passing interest in football, is that he does not actually care if Andy Carroll's header crossed the line or not. My perception of the cricket-styled "Hawkeye" view is that the ball DID cross the line and that a goal should have been awarded. Certainly Andy Carroll, who played a blinder today, thought so too. Okay, we might not have won, but.....

If ManU had been on the wrong end of that decision, Ole Whiskey Nose would have been ranting and raving about it, but Dalglish gives his customary "grimace" and presents the impression that it doesn't matter and that the officials (or, more presciently, FIFA were correct). FIFA, head in the sands amidst their own corruption, are still refusing to deal with an issue that has been with us since the days of Geoff Hurst. Dalglish is still back in the eighties and enjoying his multi-million pound return from retirement. Ole Whiskey Nose is still winning major competitions including this year's Premiership title (have no fear, City will not win at Newcastle).

The ITV commentator rightly predicted a summer of transition at Liverpool. Dalglish must go and Liverpool's target must be a young, ambitious manager who can take the club forward. My choice is Paul Lambert. Others would be Brendan Rodgers and, wait for it pending the Chelski Big Name Syndrome, Roberto di Matteo.

And, if Paul Lambert or whoever does take over, first priority is: Get Rid Of Downing.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Does Dalglish actually care?
      Reply #1: May 05, 2012 10:21:44 pm
      I have just seen the post-match interview with Dalglish and my impression, supported by my wife who has only a passing interest in football, is that he does not actually care if Andy Carroll's header crossed the line or not. My perception of the cricket-styled "Hawkeye" view is that the ball DID cross the line and that a goal should have been awarded. Certainly Andy Carroll, who played a blinder today, thought so too. Okay, we might not have won, but.....

If ManU had been on the wrong end of that decision, Ole Whiskey Nose would have been ranting and raving about it, but Dalglish gives his customary "grimace" and presents the impression that it doesn't matter and that the officials (or, more presciently, FIFA were correct). FIFA, head in the sands amidst their own corruption, are still refusing to deal with an issue that has been with us since the days of Geoff Hurst. Dalglish is still back in the eighties and enjoying his multi-million pound return from retirement. Ole Whiskey Nose is still winning major competitions including this year's Premiership title (have no fear, City will not win at Newcastle).

The ITV commentator rightly predicted a summer of transition at Liverpool. Dalglish must go and Liverpool's target must be a young, ambitious manager who can take the club forward. My choice is Paul Lambert. Others woul be Brendan Rodgers and, wait fot it pending the Chelski Big Name Syndrome, Roberto di Matteo.

And, if Paul Lambert or whoever does take over, first priority is: Get Rid Of Downing.

This one destined to be locked.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #2: May 05, 2012 10:23:40 pm
      And quickly!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3: May 05, 2012 10:24:13 pm
      To be honest if you said does he care about Andy i think youd be onto something but does he care about the club? Of course he does, he must be livid with the result.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #4: May 05, 2012 10:24:59 pm

I hope so.
      AnfieldIron
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 63 posts |
      Reply #5: May 05, 2012 10:25:08 pm
      You both agree with FIFA then? Head in the sands. Dalglish is past it.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #6: May 05, 2012 10:27:48 pm
      There are some amount of headbangers on here tonight............
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #7: May 05, 2012 10:28:55 pm
      Quote from AZPatriot
      This one destined to be locked.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: May 05, 2012 10:30:51 pm
      How can you say that, do you not see the way he celebrates when we score, do you not see him on the touchline imagining he was heading the ball? What the F**k? We may all not agree that he didn't put his best team out but to question whether KK cares about this Club is ridiculous.

We're all angry right now but don't F***ing question whether Kenny loves this Club. He is this Club!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9: May 05, 2012 10:32:37 pm
      I feel this is a topic worth debating.

I now see this has been debated to its fullest extent. Locked.

Quick Reply