Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Luis Suarez
      2 (1.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      158 (90.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      6 (3.4%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (4.6%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: May 10, 2012 08:54:45 pm

F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.

Read 59646 times
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Re: LIVE F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool v Chelsea
      Reply #598: May 05, 2012 07:27:51 pm
      Well done to the 12th man, singing their hearts out at the end.

Here, Here. Ah well, we will learn and build from this result hopefully. Keep flying the flag lads. Y.N.W.A
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #599: May 05, 2012 07:28:37 pm
      whilst we are all so desperately pissed off lets agree compared to our great sides this is the worst one since.......to be honest  ever.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #600: May 05, 2012 07:28:59 pm

Well, can't exactly tell the picture cause the angle isn't right on the by line but anyways .. I'm not going to complain about it. It's football.

We lost fair and squad.

We didn't play in the first half and it was too late when we started.

Chelsea deservedly won it because they weren't exceptionally brilliant, but they weren't worse than us. Like Diego and PD, I hate Chelsea, but they are a good team.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #601: May 05, 2012 07:29:03 pm
      It was a goal... The cu*ts keep pausing it AFTER Cech makes contact in the slo mo.. The ball strikes his hand behind the line..

THIS
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #602: May 05, 2012 07:29:20 pm
      i just watched goals now once again and i'm confused. Pepe didnt even reach out for the ball on the second goal.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #603: May 05, 2012 07:29:20 pm
      I don't get that "Chelsea playing on the counter" comments, trying to diminsh their win. Watch the 1st half again ffs, we had 10 men behind the ball, we were playing counter attack ourselves, didn't have a half decent chance the whole half and were totally outplayed by them. What can you say, well done to Chelsea for winning the trophy, I hate their club with all my heart but they are a very good side

Their talent is much better than ours though. It's understandable to play on the counter vs Barcelona - they're phenomenal - but against this side? I don't know. Our first half no doubt doomed us though.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #604: May 05, 2012 07:30:17 pm
      I'll tell you guys the difference. The two f**king goalkeepers.

Reina chucks it into the net for their first and Cech makes a sublime save to deny Carroll.

Reina was wrong footed. Cant really blame him for the loss. We did well in the last quarter of the game but Chelsea had their tactics spot on.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #605: May 05, 2012 07:30:19 pm
      Forget Chelsea we were sh*t and our tactics and team selection for a Cup final were poor until Andy Carrol came on we showed nothing.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #606: May 05, 2012 07:31:14 pm
      Well you cant not turn up for a cup final for 60mins and expect to win, so frustrating, Andy played the most energetic and best performance ive seen when he came on.

I really dont see what Henderson and Spearing provide us with tbh as a pairing, there was no industry or threat, maybe why we havnt scored much all seaon.

Onwards and upwards :)
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #607: May 05, 2012 07:31:22 pm
      « Reply #596 on: Today at 07:26:55 PM »Quote (selected)I don't get that "Chelsea playing on the counter" comments, trying to diminsh their win. Watch the 1st half again ffs, we had 10 men behind the ball, we were playing counter attack ourselves, didn't have a half decent chance the whole half and were totally outplayed by them. What can you say, well done to Chelsea for winning the trophy, I hate their club with all my heart but they are a very good side Good Post  |   Report to moderator    Logged

I wouldn't say we were outplayed by them in the first half. We were poor, but so were they. They only managed to score a goal on a Spearing-Enrique-Reina fault
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #608: May 05, 2012 07:33:32 pm
      How did we ever start the game with Henderson and Spearing in central midfield a disasterous decision.
      You cant start playing a final after 60 mins.
      Well done Andy Carrol the only one who actually looked like he wanted to win.

Got to agree with you,  Henderson and Spearing together is a perfect recipe for disaster. Chelsea literally walked all over us and the defence had to work overtime. Please KK, get a proper defensive and offensive midfielder. Starting Shelvey for either one of them would have been a better decision. If we keep playing both next season, we're going to get a non-functional engine room. Andy looks sharp today and we gave them too much respect by not harassing their defense enough until Andy came on. Andy should have started to provide the aerial threat.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #609: May 05, 2012 07:34:05 pm
      We didn't get going until the big man came on. He fired up the rest of the team, put himself about and scored a great individual goal.

It wasn't enough in the end.

That's football.

Was the ball over the line? I'm still not sure, but I lean towards no it wasn't. The whole of the ball has to cross the whole of the line and I don't think that was the case.

Roll on next season.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #610: May 05, 2012 07:34:24 pm
      Proud of the way we fought, very unlucky to not be given that clear GOAL by Carroll. Kenny's selection of Spearing after he had an awful performance against Fulham was a mistake, but the best way to forget about a cup loss is to pound Chelsea at Anfield and make them pray they somehow beat Munich to be in the Champions League next year. They will pay, they'll all pay.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #611: May 05, 2012 07:34:47 pm
      If you could move the camera up so the crossbar is level with the pitch line, then I think that ball is in.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #612: May 05, 2012 07:34:54 pm
      First 55 minutes was disgraceful.

Negative, scared, always going back the way, no belief, no movement, no attacking options.

55 minutes onwards we F***ing took it right to them like we should at this stage. Big Andy was absolutel immense.

Thought the goal was in but what can you do? Reina let us down for the first and the second was just soft.

Always always believe we will win big games like that and struggling a bit with the losing feeling as it would have been such a good end to a strange season if Kenny delivered the double.

Bayern will surely destroy they plastic horrible bas**rds in the final?

:(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,655 posts | 3889 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #613: May 05, 2012 07:35:01 pm
      95th minute.
      Queue fans singing.
      Oh wait they're Liverpool fans.
      Stay classy you guys.
      YNWA
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #614: May 05, 2012 07:36:20 pm
      Well there goes my thought that we would play better with 5 midfielders and Carroll on the bench.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #615: May 05, 2012 07:36:43 pm
      We'll, I'm off to the pub!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #616: May 05, 2012 07:36:53 pm
      Better performance second half when we upped the tempo Andy Carroll ....BEAST ! And I,m sorry if people disagree with me but Henderson isn't,t good enough for us ,poor touch and indecisive, would have been a different game if we,d had Lucas  ,Suarez had no ball for most of the game ,yep we need a couple of players in the summer ...and goal line tech
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #617: May 05, 2012 07:37:23 pm
      Forget Chelsea we were sh*t and our tactics and team selection for a Cup final were poor until Andy Carrol came on we showed nothing.

Pretty much the same side spanked Norwich away.
      Hindsight is a great thing.

And any side that beats Barca fair and square over two legs has to have something about it.
      Chelsea are not a poor side.

Just wasn't meant to be today.
      Sums up the season really. Nearly v good, but not quite.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #618: May 05, 2012 07:38:21 pm
      Andy Carroll was F***ing immense . As far as I am concerned if he plays like that we will be back up there next season so something to take from that.
      Such a dissappointment we only looked good 2-0 down , spearing off and Carroll on.
      Think this is the concerning thing that we sat back and didn't have the confidence to go and win the game from the start. We just paid them too much respect in the first hour.
      We should have just gone for it right from the start.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #619: May 05, 2012 07:38:47 pm
      If you could move the camera up so the crossbar is level with the pitch line, then I think that ball is in.

Yup that's what I thought as well. The camera slightly to the right would make the goal line straight which is easier to see.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #620: May 05, 2012 07:39:03 pm
      Just showed on Sky Sports a computer image, it was past the line. of course they tried saying there needs to be day light, but it was in.

It was basically like this, but the pundits said there needed to be a gap between the ball and the line, F**k OFF!

edit: Sorry on ITV I meant.

Quick Reply