Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Luis Suarez
      2 (1.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      158 (90.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      6 (3.4%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (4.6%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: May 10, 2012 08:54:45 pm

F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.

Read 59844 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game & post match Dissection.
      Reply #805: May 05, 2012 11:35:51 pm
      We were terrible in the first half and then typically with 20-25 minutes left to go we finally show some desire and push on.

Fact is we deserved to lose because we were overall awful and Chelsea capitalized on their opportunities.

This has been a dreadful season. The worst in my 32 years of following this club.

Things have to change.

Love Kenny but to be honest I don't believe he can move us forward. He has had a season and a half and a carling cup just isn't good enough.

Time for him to move on and to cull some of the sh*te on the squad and be brave and truely start again.

Stop kidding yourselves. This isn't good enough.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #806: May 05, 2012 11:38:02 pm

This game came down to tactics. Di Matteo had the best of Kenny today. As simple as that. Carroll should have been a starter to apply pressure on Chelsea backline.
      By the sound of your post I presume you only watched the first half,I reckon the Chelsea defence and Di Matteo were shitting themselves in the second half and could not wait  for the ref to blow his whistle for full time.Also in your opinion did Andy Carroll score 1 or 2 goals.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #807: May 05, 2012 11:40:16 pm
      Oh, and the ball never crossed the line.

Dreadful display.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #808: May 05, 2012 11:40:41 pm
      We were terrible in the first half and then typically with 20-25 minutes left to go we finally show some desire and push on.

Fact is we deserved to lose because we were overall awful and Chelsea capitalized on their opportunities.

This has been a dreadful season. The worst in my 32 years of following this club.

Things have to change.

Love Kenny but to be honest I don't believe he can move us forward. He has had a season and a half and a carling cup just isn't good enough.

Time for him to move on and to cull some of the sh*te on the squad and be brave and truely start again.

Stop sliding yourselves. This isn't good enough.
      I am forever greatfull that we did not ask Bill Shankly to move on in 1963 when we won fu*k all and finished 8th in the old first division.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #809: May 05, 2012 11:46:46 pm
      Shankly created the club and he'd be embarrassed by the display of the team for most of this season.

Also shankly started from pretty much scratch.

The money spent and the dire situation are poles apart from the great Bill's day so enough of this comparison to shankly'd days. Utter bollocks.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #810: May 05, 2012 11:49:27 pm
      Lets be honest today,Gerrard was getting pulled back into midfiled because Henderson and Spearing were passengers.This left Suarez on his own up front feeding off scraps,ill be honest Spearing has got the ability to go on...but basic errors are costing us...Henderson remains on the outskirts of a game unable to get a grip of anything...ive watched us all season but ill be honest the two of them are passengers,until we get hold of another quality midfielder and Lucas comes back theres still a big void...Stewart Downing needs to start making an effort off the ball,not giving it to Enrique then not pushing on...Carolls goal came from Downing challenging and shutting the man down...hence the chance simple as that
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #811: May 05, 2012 11:50:28 pm
      Shankly created the club and he'd be embarrassed by the display of the team for most of this season.

The money spent and the dire situation are poles apart from the great Bill's day so enough of this comparison to shankly'd days. Utter bollocks.
      I will accept your opinion even though you were not even born when Bill Shankly was our manager.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #812: May 05, 2012 11:54:09 pm
      Downing was awful.
      Bellamy had a poor game.
      Spearing was out of his depth.
      Reina was poor for the openening goal.
      Suarez was isolated.
      Enrique was slow with his distribution.
      Henderson looked overwhelmed.

My opinions on a very poor display.
      Yes we showed some positivity in the last 25 mins but wtf was that from the opening whistle?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #813: May 05, 2012 11:54:25 pm
      Watched the game in the First National in town, sure a few know that on here and it was a great atmosphere, all credit to the fans in there, we sung our hearts out supporting the lads who frankly didn't show up for the first 30minutes at least. Not sure if it was nerves or what but it wasn't good enough, last 30mins made up for it mostly and I've slagged Carroll off enough on here but he was immense up there today for us and on reflection should of definitely started but the game was lost in midfield were we have too many passengers and non-triers. Downing, Henderson and Spearing should struggle to look at themselves in the mirror after those types of performances and I feel let down by them in a big way, not good enough, simple as that.

The 2nd goal Carroll scored was definitely over the line and we were robbed a chance in extra time but had we been able to play Gerrard further forward without him having to babysit that shower in the middle we'd of been fine because Chelsea are not a good side at all and were there for the taking today. Reina, no idea what's gone on with him this season but he could of done better with both chances, Enrique was pretty bad too. On the positives, Agger and Skrtel were excellent, Johnson also was superb and of course big Andy was huge for us and all credit to him for that big step in the right direction. Unfortunately the engine room in the centre of the park just didn't have the quality we need, why people like Maxi, Kuyt and Shelvey are down the pecking order of Downing, Henderson and Spearing I have no idea but I hope this summer we sort it out because I'm tired of seeing people I have no faith in, in the most important positions on the pitch.

YNWA though lads and come back and win it next year!
      AnfieldIron
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #814: May 05, 2012 11:56:03 pm
      I will accept your opinion even though you were not even born when Bill Shankly was our manager.

The club was "created" 21 years before Shanks was born and had already won five titles before he was appointed. Lets get the history of the club into perspective. The concern this season is that our league form has left us in mid-table alongside the likes of Fulham and West Brom.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #815: May 05, 2012 11:57:09 pm
      Billy1. Really? That's a silly thing to say.
      Nothing else to add other than I think you may need to stop being precious and look at facts.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #816: May 05, 2012 11:58:50 pm
      Anfield red you are being very pedantic.
      Of course we all know the date we were established.
      Get a grip son
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #817: May 05, 2012 11:59:58 pm
      Any quick fix solutions? AnfieldIron? Excusing Paul Lambert?
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2012 12:02:08 am by CRK »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #818: May 06, 2012 12:16:05 am
      I am forever greatfull that we did not ask Bill Shankly to move on in 1963 when we won fu*k all and finished 8th in the old first division.
      which one of those players today would Shankly have in his team players who would run through a brick wall for him?.
      Who would have thought it would be Andy Carrol coming on from the bench who would drag us back into the game.
      We dont know who signed the players Kenny will always cover the club but why did Comolli go.
      So many questions and not many answers.....
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #819: May 06, 2012 12:26:49 am
      Chelsea have a vary expensive squad and lots of experience in these games. They took full advantage of two defensive mistakes without creating much. Hats off to Andy Carroll he was immense and I have full faith in that man now. Tactics let us down today I thought.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #820: May 06, 2012 12:56:51 am
      Not been back long but feel drained, tired and wrung out after today. The lads made a go of it in the last 30 minutes and you can't fault the effort but the first half performance was toofless and timid and we looked like what we are, a side that has been struggling for much of the season. Kenny actually put out the exact line-up I wanted but we played as a 5 in midfield instead of pushing Bellers and Downing high, pressing high and getting Stevie further forward. So disapointed and the sooner the season is over the better.Gutted
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Re: F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.
      Reply #821: May 06, 2012 01:43:16 am
      Saurez had no service thats why we lost. Carrol is becoming an impact player hope he can carry it over to next year. Time to clear out dead wood if a player cant get motivated for FA final then he shouldnt be wearing a liverpool shirt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #822: May 06, 2012 01:48:47 am
      Kenny needs to do the right thing and axe himself, i.e. step down for the sake of the club. The season was just not good enough. Excuses are like arseholes: everyone has one and it stinks... In my opinion, Kenny did not do a good enough job. As simple as that. With responsibility comes accountability. 100 millions pounds to spend but not much in return.

This game came down to tactics. Di Matteo had the best of Kenny today. As simple as that. Carroll should have been a starter to apply pressure on Chelsea backline.

A season to forget... Need to re-group and come back stronger next year. We are Liverpool after all.
      Unadulterated bollocks, well spaced tho.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #823: May 06, 2012 01:51:57 am
      First half was utterly dreadful. We did not even look like a football team. Suarez lacked the service and he must have only touched the ball like five times.

Second half ... we only played for the last 30 minutes and we played well. I didn't think Chelsea were particularly awesome at all but they were not terrible, unlike us. Game changed when Andy came on and how I wished he had started. Even if he played like less than than 45 minutes, he was my man of the match. Won all the battles, won the ball, scored the goal, almost had an equaliser and was unplayable.

I still think the most disappointing part of our team is the midfield, the most important part. I felt Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Suarez and Carroll were the better performers. The midfielders ... sigh ... didn't look up for it. Gerrard wasn't terrible but wasn't as influenced as he would with different players behind him.

Still can't understand why we only start playing when we're losing by 2 goals. We bombared the Chelsea box for a good 30 minutes and it was like Barcelona - Chelsea again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #824: May 06, 2012 02:01:18 am
      If GLT were used in that game it would have been 2-2 after 90 mins.
      How the F**k could the linesman give a call on that?
      The camera showed the ball was over the line and the ref just handed responsibility for the decision to the linesman, who I think was further away - F***ing crazy.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #825: May 06, 2012 02:06:46 am
      How the f**k could the linesman give a call on that?
      The camera showed the ball was over the line and the ref just handed responsibility for the decision to the linesman, who I think was further away - f**king crazy.
      Totally agree 100% stuey,i mentioned in an earlier post that when they replayed it on the tele you could see quite clearly that the ball was behind the goalpost.Without a doubt we were robbed.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #826: May 06, 2012 02:38:35 am
      You'll never walk alone, lads.
      For all the people saying Kenny got it wrong, he went for 5 in the midfield as he has used it against Chelsea in the past and it worked. Tonight it didn't. Hindsight. Carroll was my man of the match by a country mile. Henderson wasn't too bad and did a couple of great headers accross goal. Stevie needs to put this season behind him, as he wasn't very good. Reina did the right thing in goal, trying to leave the back corner open for Ramires so he could save. Ramires did a 180 and went nearpost.

Anyways, for those calling for Kenny to get out - fook off. Thanks for the visit to Wembley lads, let's get back next year and win again.

I also think we will hammer, and I mean hammer them in the league. I think the lads will be furious and will give them a 4-0 or 5-0 slamming.

YNWA. IKKWT. Good night to all.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #827: May 06, 2012 02:41:48 am
      How the f**k could the linesman give a call on that?
      The camera showed the ball was over the line and the ref just handed responsibility for the decision to the linesman, who I think was further away - f**king crazy.

I agree with you there, but if they would have played the first half as well as the second, the score after 90 minutes would have been about 3-0 Reds.

Quick Reply