Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 241965 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #2070: Apr 30, 2024 07:59:11 pm
      It's been farcical this season. I'd happily see it sacked off as they just can't or won't get it right. It gives refs an opportunity to make bigger dickheads out of themselves than they already were. Something that in principle could work isn't worth having if it's such a colossal f*ck up in practice.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 864 posts | 170 
      Reply #2071: Apr 30, 2024 08:52:08 pm
      It's been implemented so very wrong, how can it work so well in the World Cup during it's trialing stage yet 6 years on we're still being made to look like mugs.

Goal line technology came in and was an instant success. Why? Because it had 1 purpose, check if a ball crossed the line or not.

This is why semi automated offside will work a treat, 1 purpose. Check if a body part is ahead of the last defend. That's it.

Scrap everything else and let the referee officiate the game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #2072: Apr 30, 2024 08:56:25 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Because we're all sick to the backteeth of VAR

And I'm equally sick of yous whinging about it.

It's here, just put up with it. Like it or not, it's not going anywhere.

Quote from Norfolk Red
      You really are wasting your time.
      Anyway, I gave up with his "logic" sometime ago.

Fair enough. Next VAR debate...

"I don't know..."
      "I can't understand..."
      "I've no idea why..."

He is wasting his time if he wants me to turn against VAR. Even if it isn't perfect all of the time, I would rather have it than not have it, there's just too much at stake. Yet again in the derby last week, it came to the rescue.

Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      What’s annoying is in the past pre VAR when you went into the new week sure you’d mention the refs etc but the main topic of conversation was the football, players, managers etc… it seems every week now the main topic everyone talks about is VAR and refs and football is the secondary subject… sad really…

Like at work yesterday, we didn’t mention any of the football played etc we just talked about the rubbish referring and VAR involvements from the weekend, and that’s a group including a scouser, a scum and a oil baron fan… who’d usually be queuing up to rip each other, but instead we’re all finally in agreement, unfortunately that agreement being the refs and VAR are just simply not good enough… it’s ruined not only football but I feel the love for and chat for football in real life situations during the week… the magic, the banter… it’s all gone.

Football at the top level is not about magic or banter, it's serious business that means a lot to people.

If you don't want to talk about referees and VAR, then don't. But people do want to talk about it, so they will, because it generates debate. Turns out that everyone agreeing why City will win the league again for the 45th consecutive week in a row, is nowhere near that interesting.

The pub league has another three way promotion battle, and is poisoned every week with goals that shouldn't be given, and penalties that should have, because they're still too lazy to implement VAR, to see that however the battle ends up, justice is done. At least they'll have it at "the most expensive game in football", for the third year in a row.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2073: Apr 30, 2024 09:00:54 pm
      Scrap everything else and let the referee officiate the game.

That water fella will obviously disagree but yes, ask the majority of football fans and they will say goalline technology and automated offsides are enough. Let the ref make the subjective calls on the pitch.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1488 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2074: Apr 30, 2024 09:15:54 pm

Football at the top level is not about magic or banter, it's serious business that means a lot to people.

Exactly it means a lot to people, and the majority of the people want it gone… every poll I see it’s upwards of 80% of people against keeping VAR… so what’s your response to that?

Problem is your the outlier here, nobody I know apart from you, online or in real life, want this sh*t around… the general chat shows that, online discussions,  the polls etc show that…

So don’t come on here pretending that you give two fucks what the people who love this game want, because you go against the majority of them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #2075: Apr 30, 2024 09:29:32 pm

After all your pontificating, turns out you're in the minority on it, deal with it and suck it up sweetcheeks
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2076: Apr 30, 2024 10:20:37 pm

"I don't know..."
      "I can't understand..."
      "I've no idea why..."

He is wasting his time if he wants me to turn against VAR. Even if it isn't perfect all of the time, I would rather have it than not have it, there's just too much at stake. Yet again in the derby last week, it came to the rescue.

If you don't want to talk about referees and VAR, then don't. But people do want to talk about it, so they will, because it generates debate. Turns out that everyone agreeing why City will win the league again for the 45th consecutive week in a row, is nowhere near that interesting.

The pub league has another three way promotion battle, and is poisoned every week with goals that shouldn't be given, and penalties that should have, because they're still too lazy to implement VAR, to see that however the battle ends up, justice is done. At least they'll have it at "the most expensive game in football", for the third year in a row.

You wumming the lads up again…  🤦‍♂️

Quick Reply